The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2015, 03:14 PM   #1
cleszkie

Scored a Four Wheel Camper

So my neighbor says he has a buddy whose uncle just passed away. This uncle supposidly bought a Four Wheel Camper new for his 73 Blazer back in 1984. Had it on the Blazer for a few years and then removed it and stored it in his garage for the past 20 or so years due to suffering from multiple sclerosis and not being able to drive.

This all sounded great but I had my doubts as to what kind of camper it really was or what condition it was in. Anyways, I go over to the uncle's house with the buddy and he opens the garage door and voila! There it is! A very clean and original Four Wheel Camper "Blazer" edition sitting on a wooden dolly with rolling casters. The cushons are perfect, the interior is great, and the vinyl on the pop-up is immaculate. The only down side is that I will probably have to have all of the appliances checked out after sitting so long.

So now I'm wondering what the widow wants to get out of it. I came prepared to shell out a few grand if I felt it was worth it, and is was. But before I could make an offer, the buddy (who is an old friend of the widows family) said she would be happy with $500 if I would just get it out of the garage! SOLD! Going to pick it up next weekend after I get some camper jacks installed on it to make installation a breeze. I know this never happened without pictures, so I will post some up as soon as I can.
cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote