The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-10-2010, 04:40 PM   #51
GmtGmt
Conversion Truck Addicted

Re: 84 Crew Cab Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe231 View Post
Wow, that sounds crazy.
Can you register it as a regular truck, then put the seat back in until the registration is due again?
yes but if i get pulled over with them in and passengers using them i will get a ticket on about $18000 and possible jail time also the registration fee over again which is about $2700
they are crazy about this

a gentelman last fall drove his Range Rover Sport which was registred without back seats he put them in to take his famliy on holiday in france he got caught he got 15 days in jail

Alot of laws and fees on vehicle here is crazy, we complain alot here but when we stop for a sec and think about it we have it better then alot of other countrys, i love my country but i would like to move over to the states someday

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
GmtGmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:03 PM   #52
Colt Cobra

Hey Thomas, if(when?) you hand grenade the 6.2, I know youve got a motor planned for it, but you should really look @ a 4-53T or 4-71 2 stroke Detroit Diesel, those things run 4 ev er and sound absolutely Beastly, and make around 400+ on the TQ Meter, dunno about the HP Number tho.
Colt Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:25 AM   #53
GmtGmt

hey paul i have been thinking for a 2 stroke to for the kicks

but im have been considering getting a wreaked Duramax Diesel truck and take complete engine wiring and Trans

but i cant see why it souldent hold up there are talking to one that has his CUCV twin turbo 6.2 that have work flawlessly for the last 5 years

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:38 PM   #54
GmtGmt

The Date have been Set.

5-1-10 is the 8th Annual US Night Cruise in town
im going to bring the truck if i can get it driverbell

Quote:
Old 04-24-2010, 04:24 PM   #55
67_C-30
I have a radical idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmtGmt View Post
hey paul i have been thinking for a 2 stroke to for the kicks

but im have been considering getting a wreaked Duramax Diesel truck and take complete engine wiring and Trans

but i cant see why it souldent hold up there are talking to one that has his CUCV twin turbo 6.2 that have work flawlessly for the last 5 years
I agree. If you keep the boost below 10 psi and keep the EGT's below 1000 degrees the 6.2 will live a long healthy life. The twin turbo set-up actually helps to keep the EGT's down because it eliminates a lot of the restriction that a single turbo presents. I have had 2 and I am about to have a 3rd 6.2 with turbo set-up and they have been great. These engines got a bad rep because of terrible glow plug systems and lot of the botten end failures are due to people spraying too much ether in them to crank them due to glow plug system. It would have been a good idea to put a stud girdle in it while it was out as insurance.
'69 GMC C3500, dump truck, 351 V6, NP435
'84 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer

67 C-30 Turbodiesel build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=254096

My trucks
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ediafilter=all

Member of the 1-Ton Club!
67_C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:19 PM   #56
GmtGmt

Updates

Got my Cab home along with 2 rust free doors and my sleeper

Got doors

Time to start body work next is turbo charing this thing

Quote:
Old 05-13-2010, 07:50 PM   #57
Matt Man

Quote:
Updates

Got my Cab home along with 2 rust free doors and my sleeper

Got doors

Time to start body work next is turbo charing this thing
looking good! cant wait to see this thing done.
2020 Silverado Double Cab LT Z71 5.3 8 speed Daily Driver

K10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=671934

The Peach build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=733903

Matt Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:56 PM   #58
GmtGmt

Finaly made some good progress

new shifter knob

got some home made anti skeek and tank traps made

EWWW

Got the cab on finaly feels great to its starting to look like a truck again

but turn out it has alittle more rust then i though oh well, the worst rust is at the windshield, and door jams it has the useale rust in the rockers and corners but its much better then my old cab

Quote:
Old 06-12-2010, 02:24 PM   #59
GmtGmt

Got started on the body work today
cut the cab corners off have to make a panel from the inner corner but the LMC fits the outer corners great.

started to work on the Core Support turned out good

Quote:
Old 06-12-2010, 03:07 PM   #60
Matt Man

looking good, hows that 6.2 going?
2020 Silverado Double Cab LT Z71 5.3 8 speed Daily Driver

K10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=671934

The Peach build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=733903

Matt Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:35 PM   #61
Stitch
Account Suspended

Don't know I'd you figured it out or not but the three lights and the relay on your harness is the glow plug light, WIF light, and the low coolant light that goes in the speedo
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:12 PM   #62
GmtGmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Man View Post
looking good, hows that 6.2 going?
Doing good, ordered Silicone hoses for the turbos, ordred a new Starter Solenoid from rockauto, sent the exhursts gaskets out to have a guy water jet some stainless steel flanges for the Turbo Manifolds, trying to build a More relibel Glow Plug System with a new Controler from a system that allmost never Fails,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Hoe View Post
Don't know I'd you figured it out or not but the three lights and the relay on your harness is the glow plug light, WIF light, and the low coolant light that goes in the speedo
Thanks Fat Hoe

Quote:
Old 06-12-2010, 07:06 PM   #63
Stitch
Account Suspended

Quote:
Doing good, ordered Silicone hoses for the turbos, ordred a new Starter Solenoid from rockauto, sent the exhursts gaskets out to have a guy water jet some stainless steel flanges for the Turbo Manifolds, trying to build a More relibel Glow Plug System with a new Controler from a system that allmost never Fails,

Thanks Fat Hoe
I have to take my dash apart here soon and I can tell you which wires are which light if you want me to. Just let me know
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:32 PM   #64
MrBeast
high-Tech Red Neck

Lookin good man, I am pretty impressed, it has to be murder trying to get parts for that thing so far out of the states.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:44 AM   #65
GmtGmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeast View Post
Lookin good man, I am pretty impressed, it has to be murder trying to get parts for that thing so far out of the states.
only body parts really and brake parts like shoes and rotors because the size and weight. i normaly buy from Rockauto and LMC and i get the parts 2 days after faster then the mail here lol

Quote:
Old 06-13-2010, 03:54 PM   #66
GmtGmt

Got the Rad Support done

painted and the inside of the right fender

found something interesting on scratch into the rad support all i cound read was this there was alot i think it have been maintained very well until it left the states
in 09/21/1987 it had 50,110 Miles on it and was in Tulsa, OK and had Title issued or updated. today the odometor reads 79632 and i doudt it has rolled over because the condition of the engine and frame it does not have over 1xxxxx miles on it

32330 Olie Change W/Filter
37500 Fuel Filter
42000 Tires new
42000 Olie Change W/Filter
42000 Grease
50000 Olie Change W/Filter

Quote:
Old 06-13-2010, 04:26 PM   #67
RandyP
Getting Old; Going Broke

It didn't get all that rust in Oklahoma, you can thank Florida for that probably.
RandyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:37 PM   #68
GmtGmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyP View Post
It didn't get all that rust in Oklahoma, you can thank Florida for that probably.
probably i have heard someone say that before

Quote:

Last edited by GmtGmt; 06-13-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:20 PM   #69
GmtGmt

Well i have gotten alot done and still alot left to do im done with the left cab corner, and inner rocker panel, firewall repaired and primed started almost done with the left window channel also got my body to make me some new panels for the corner and they fit awesome just have to weld them up Prime and play with mud

also i have abandond the Twin turbo idea for a Blower with is easy and better on a 6.2 diesel looks alot better with a huge blower then 2 hair dryers so i have gotten 3 old Blowers that i will use the smallest 671 on this

Pics will come in the weekend

Quote:
Old 07-03-2010, 05:26 PM   #70
GmtGmt

Finaly some good progress to show

Left Cab Corner almost done just got to put a few more tacs on it and smooth it out and play with mud over it

The Left windsheild corner is done just got to sand it down and prime it again
i had the body man at work make a new panal for from the old one fits like a glove

Left side of the firewall is also done removed all the holes i didnt need as mine dosent have hydrolic clutch

started on removing the holes for the AC as im not going to use a stock AC unit im not sure what im going to use yet we will see

also some small rust spots fixed

not alot of rust in this corner thank god for that

after some investegation i found this side of the door jam only to be the outer skin thats bad so im not going though my opsions make 4 new patch panels and weld them into the old roof our remove the outer skin completely and take the old one from my old cab thats not rusty any thoughts on this?
it got some holes on the right side thats got be fix in the main roof

God it hate Rust

Quote:

Last edited by GmtGmt; 07-03-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:55 PM   #71
GmtGmt

Quote:
after some investegation i found this side of the door jam only to be the outer skin thats bad so im not going though my opsions make 4 new patch panels and weld them into the old roof our remove the outer skin completely and take the old one from my old cab thats not rusty any thoughts on this?
it got some holes on the right side thats got be fix in the main roof
anyone got any thoughts about what is the best thing to do with this?

Quote:
Old 07-04-2010, 01:00 PM   #72
scotts62
One day...

Cool build you have going, keep up the good work!

93 crew cab build
Project 62
scotts62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:37 PM   #73
MrBeast
high-Tech Red Neck

Quote:
anyone got any thoughts about what is the best thing to do with this?
I don't know of anyone who makes a patch panel for there, but you can simply hand form a new piece.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:32 PM   #74
GmtGmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeast View Post
I don't know of anyone who makes a patch panel for there, but you can simply hand form a new piece.
pretty hard when im not a good welder or body man
but i have fabs something that will work
i will skip most of the rust in the door jams for now as i need to get driverbell fast so right now i got my friend to patch the firewall up and the the rockers i will repair the panel i cut out and if i can make up some lost time this week i maby will fix all of the rust in door jams but i the goal is work all night this week to get running around the block

still left.
rockers
bleed fuel system
install wiring harness
rear brake shoes
6 new tires
quick back yard paint job
i have all parts for my interior as i ripped a Centurion Convertion Van today for good wood parts

Quote:
Old 07-11-2010, 05:12 PM   #75
MrBeast
high-Tech Red Neck

Quote:
pretty hard when im not a good welder or body man
but i have fabs something that will work
i will skip most of the rust in the door jams for now as i need to get driverbell fast so right now i got my friend to patch the firewall up and the the rockers i will repair the panel i cut out and if i can make up some lost time this week i maby will fix all of the rust in door jams but i the goal is work all night this week to get running around the block

still left.
rockers
bleed fuel system
install wiring harness
rear brake shoes
6 new tires
quick back yard paint job
i have all parts for my interior as i ripped a Centurion Convertion Van today for good wood parts
the best way to learn is take some old scrap metal and just practice forming it.