The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-23-2018, 08:25 AM   #26
made2drag

Re: 700R4 lock-up or non lock up? what do i have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdude239 View Post
Rules are rules you agreed to follow them when you signed up please follow them thats all i am going to say.
Rule noted. It was related to the thread subject and questions asked in this thread and the others. I won’t copy and paste next time. I guess i’ll re-phase each one so it doesn’t ruffle any feathers. I was desperate to find the members wisdom and I posted in thread with the most knowledgeable folks since they are subscribed to them already. This subject is amazingly frustrating to find answers that aren’t filled with opinions that might lead me in the wrong direction. So far these threads are the best on the internet. I’ve been searching for like 3 weeks straight. But, yea, i’ll follow the rules.
made2drag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:41 AM   #27
made2drag

Re: 700R4 lock-up or non lock up? what do i have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPup1977 View Post
I suggest maybe more reading may assist you in figuring out your issue. I never heard of 4th coming back...either you have 4th or you don’t. Could be a number of things, like I said in a earlier post. Drop the pan and check. Check the gov.... maybe 3/4 shift valve is stuck, is why you don’t have 4th. A “switch” for 4th gear ? Maybe previous owner left out the pressure switch for 4th gear oil circuit which some folks wire the TCC solenoid to. They do this so when 4th gear is achieved the TCC engages. Just something to ponder.... again drop the pan and let us know. Good Luck !!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes, Exercising the shift valves....that’s what I read. I’m going try manually shifting from 1 and up and see what happens. Maybe pull governor cover off and check those parts. Thanks for your help, those are good ideas. Due to the rigging I have found on this k5 , I’m at the point that I’m thinking 4th is burnt up. When I got it, it was missing the dipstick, then when I got a dipstick it wouldn’t go in cause the dipstick was twisted and rusted half way up. It was 2.5 quarts low, radiator was filled with mud all the way up, trans crossmember had no bolts, motor had 0 oil psi because he didn’t seat the distributor in the oil pump. Chattered like a diesel. I was hoping I had an easy issue, but pulling the pan and a solenoid swap, inspection and fix is better to leave to a trans shop. 3rd for now hopefully keeps me driving til I save up for trans work. Might just get my th350 rebuilt and I can install that and I probably have the right driveshaft in my spare parts. Thanks
made2drag is offline   Reply With Quote