The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-26-2003, 07:13 AM   #1
sameyrasmea72

Parts, Parts,Parts in the making (hopefully) (1960-66)

I posted this on the 60-66 board, but I didn't figure a truck lover of any year would mind if I did here as well. If you do, too bad and you must be driving a fo*d

Hello all. I can normally be found over at the 67-87 boards, but I need your help on this one. In the long run, I think it will help you guys as well. A friend of mine is working with some guys that are looking into making some reproduction parts for the 60-67 Chevy/GMC. From what I understand they are looking to buy several trucks. I think at this point they are interested in complete trucks. Non running and\or less engine and tranny would be the best candidate cost wise. From what I understand, the differences between Chevy\GMC are greater on these models than on the later ones, so a mix of the two will be needed. The cleaner and more original the better. Use you own judgement on if you think it would be a good truck to make reproduction parts from. They aren't looking for show winners but they aren't looking for " Scenes from the Junkyard" either. Don'''t count out an desent trucks, becuase I am not exactly sure what they are looking for and you never Know. I dought they would turn down any donations

I am not sure or not if this method is the standard for reproducing parts and I am not a fan of reproduction parts either, but I am sure you will agree with me that if they can come up with even one useable part it will be well worth it.

Details, Details, Details. Any info. at all will be helpful, because I am sure they will be going over several trucks with " a fine tooth comb"(I always wanted to use that phrase somewhere and it sorta worked here) to find the few they need.

I will try to link my email address, but If not i will just have to type it. Please include a coppy of " Computers for dummies" on the front seat of the truck. Thanks in advance.......Jason

jdhogg@nts-online.net
Old 09-26-2003, 07:24 AM   #2
MOTHERTRUCKERS

I have some rustfree 60-66's. Whats the name of the stamping company or is it a ma & pa operation?
Old 09-26-2003, 07:38 AM   #3
sameyrasmea72

SENT YA A PM MOTHERTRUCKERS. YOU'LL SEE THIS ON ANOTHER THREAD TOO. MISTAKE
sameyrasmea72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 10:02 PM   #4
sameyrasmea72

ttt
Old 09-27-2003, 11:18 PM   #5
sameyrasmea72

ttt