The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-14-2016, 04:45 AM   #1
Kenfuzed

Thumbs down TrimParts carpet - never again

A few weeks ago I ordered a molded carpet for my 66 C10 from one of their online resellers. The carpet is a cut pile low hump version. Upon receipt I unpacked the carpet and let it sit out as instructed. I instantly noticed some harsh wrinkles around the forward hump area as if the carpet had been bunched up.

After a couple of days I laid it out in the truck to begin sizing it up. The severe creases were still there but I was hopeful they would relax as I stretched the carpet. At this point another problem became evident. Aligning the molded hump areas was placing the heel pad too far left despite the instruction stating it should line up with the accelerator pedal. The right edge of the heelpad was 3" to the left of the pedal base. When pulling the carpet right the closest I could get the pad behind the pedal had the left edge of the carpet with nothing left to trim along the sill plate. The heel panel is also sewn in crooked.

I contacted TrimParts via their company site regarding the severe wrinkles and they replied with a one sentence reply of "use a low temperature heat gun" and nothing more.

After messing with the carpet for a week I decided just to make due and pull it as tight as possible and compromise with the placement of the heel pad.

The carpet shipped direct from TrimParts so there is no blame on the reseller. The carpet is obviously defective in the way it was molded and sewn, aside from being poorly handled during the molding and packing process causing the wrinkles that still won't relax.

I will never buy another one of their products again. Their Made in America claim is meaningless based on their product quality.

Ken's 1966 C10 build "Red Ale"
Follow on Instgram: @cv_performance
https://instagram.com/cv_performance
Harley Performance Parts: CV Performance (Harley related)
Enjoying the ride!
Kenfuzed is offline   Reply With Quote