The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-29-2019, 03:39 AM   #1
bh86

Swapping a Tacoma

I know it’s not a Chevy but thought maybe some of you would enjoy this one and may have knowledge that could help me out. I’m trying to prepare for some of the inevitable questions that will come up and one of those is cruise control. I was hoping to somehow adapt the stock Toyota switch to work with the LS Comp. If anyone can determine that from the pic I’d love to hear your thoughts. Thanks in advance
Attached Images

bh86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 10:10 AM   #2
Rickysnickers

Re: Swapping a Tacoma

Go to XR Underground or Tacomaworld. I have a Toyota X Runner and there were a couple of guys that swapped in LS engines into their XRs on the XR Underground website. I'm sure there have been a few on Tacomaworld as well.
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:32 PM   #3
bh86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickysnickers View Post
Go to XR Underground or Tacomaworld. I have a Toyota X Runner and there were a couple of guys that swapped in LS engines into their XRs on the XR Underground website. I'm sure there have been a few on Tacomaworld as well.
Awesome, will do. Thanks for the recommendation
Old 05-30-2019, 10:33 PM   #4
Overdriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickysnickers View Post
XR Underground I remember a build thread with a blue LS swapped X-runner where the owner posted details about wiring up elements of the Tacoma to work with the LS including cruise control. Try using the search feature there.
Overdriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 11:12 PM   #5
bh86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdriven View Post
XR Underground I remember a build thread with a blue LS swapped X-runner where the owner posted details about wiring up elements of the Tacoma to work with the LS including cruise control. Try using the search feature there.
Awesome. I'm going to register on there tonight. I've seen a video of that truck and if I remember I noticed he had the factory tach functioning as well which was nice. The must detailed swap I've seen pics of was one tilden did. It was clean but they used all after market gauges which isn't my style.
Old 05-31-2019, 04:07 PM   #6
Nodnarb76

Even though its not a Chevy, I would like to follow this build.

1987 R20 Suburban LQ4/4L80e swap: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=693824
Nodnarb76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 01:09 PM   #7
Overdriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh86 View Post
Awesome. I'm going to register on there tonight. I've seen a video of that truck and if I remember I noticed he had the factory tach functioning as well which was nice. The must detailed swap I've seen pics of was one tilden did. It was clean but they used all after market gauges which isn't my style.
The user I’m referring to did have videos on YouTube. One of the first LS swaps that I’d seen in a Tacoma/Xrunner. If I’m not mistaken it was a LS2 that may have eventually went turbo.

Last edited by Overdriven; 06-01-2019 at 04:06 PM.
Overdriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:14 PM   #8
MalibuSSwagon

Look up Tom's Turbo Garage on Youtube. He is working on swapping his Tacoma right now. You'll have to be patient as he's methodical in his work. But the way he goes about things I'm sure he'll be covering all the little details
MalibuSSwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 02:38 PM   #9
skyphix

Former Toyota offroad guy here. Love this project! Keep us updated please.
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote