The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-26-2018, 08:30 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Washington State again

Man is this state a bunch of money grubbers! Yesterday I sold a couple of trucks worth. Two titles, two report of sales. I always date titles to vehicles I sell. I don't want stuff out there floating around with my name on them switching hands a bunch of times but still legally mine according to the state.

Now its not the actual law you are required to do this from what I understand. Certainly the right thing to do though to CYA

Pop open the WA.GOV site to see this ...

https://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregist...sfertitle.html

Look if you want, the long and short of it now though is the state wants the seller to pay a fee of 8.75 to report the sale of your vehicle. As bad as the 2.00 reflection fee, among other fees, when you get new yearly tabs for your vehicle.

Side story ... My nephew and niece are going to build a new home on the site of the family farm. There is a special permit needed to remove the carport on the existing site for running road a little further up the driveway for construction purposes. And this is a farmer built, 6 pole, I'm surprised its still standing carport.

There is a special permit and fee required take down any of the old fencing.

There is a permit fee and a study fee to figure out what damage the noise and any vibrations will do to the salmon habitat in the river that is going to be around 100 yards away from the building site.

There are more, just too many for me to remember ... crazy! Kind of reminds me of the Soprano's ... Everyone need to get their "taste".
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:40 PM   #2
Boog
laying low

Re: Washington State again

We didn't use to mind it as much when we paid an all inclusive $xxx fee for purchases or sales versus every little FEE is now disclosed. All broken down now. The total fees could add up to near the same as before but for me actually seeing it spread out on paper angers me. Some of the fees seem ridiculous.
Fee for this
Fee for that
Filing fee
and on and on.... I got a belly full of that crap with my first home purchase.
And as far as your deal with the shed and fence removal and possible surrounding wild life effects I feel for ya. My bil built a house on property with a more or less drainage trench across it. Regs said he could not fill it in or reroute it. It was a "natural creek" and by law he could not change it's path or eliminate it. He's pretty savvy about things so he spent the bucks to put in a nice cement culvert with access door and burried a drain pipe all the way across his property. He pleased the inspector and improved his property at the same time.
More and more it seems living in the city limits anywhere in this country is a big hassle in one way or another.
Well dayem. I'm sorry. This is your rant... never mind.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 11:58 PM   #3
oldiron
Designated Grumpy Old Man

This tells it all.
Attached Images

oldiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 12:24 AM   #4
mr48chev

I just bought a car through an auto auction in Pasco three weeks ago and my winning
bid was 100 bucks. By the time I got done paying the 100 paperwork handling fee. 10% auction fee and tax and license my cost on that 100 buck car was 374 and change.

I had to to put my title to the 2k Cad DTS I have back in my name after a loan was paid off and even though I went TPO the fees ended up being 31 bucks. I didn't want to register and buy plates for a car that I am going to sell in the next couple of weeks but was afraid if it took too long to sell there would be and issue with the dated title.

The local hispanic farmworkers over here in the valley take the buyer straight to the license office and tell the clerk "he needs to transfer it into his name" as standard procedure on a car sale by an individual. They take getting the vehicle out of their name serious and that might be what the rest of us have to do rather than be trusting and find out ten months later that it is still in our name, has been in a wreck or has been abandoned and has a big tow bill against it. I sold one several years ago that three years later I got a registered letter saying that I owed impound fees on. I got around that when I told the impound operator who had sold it for me in the town he operated out of. The car evidently ran around for most of three years with expired plates.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:56 AM   #5
JON67
Lootie Stole My Truck

Whenever I sell a vehicle, which isn't often, I always meet the buyer at the local licensing office to transfer title.

I bought a car for my 16 year old son to drive just this past summer and met the seller at the office too. I wouldn't do it any other way.
JON67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 11:13 PM   #6
samkost

The color of money in the "Evergreen State"...

Not getting easier,
https://komonews.com/news/local/wash...n-report-finds

Great meme oldiron.
samkost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:54 AM   #7
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Try Taxifornia if you want some sticker shock.

They never met a tax that they didn't want to raise.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 10:59 AM   #8
Grumpy old man

I just don't get it ? I see some states that tax every possible thing and they all have budget deficits yet little ol po-dunk Tn with none of these tax hurdles has a surplus of funds ?

$2.00 reflection fee ,

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:04 PM   #9
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
I just don't get it ? I see some states that tax every possible thing and they all have budget deficits yet little ol po-dunk Tn with none of these tax hurdles has a surplus of funds ?

$2.00 reflection fee ,

That's because all of the money goes for wages so there isn't anything left to do any actual work with. When they add another tax or raise one that is already on the books, all of the big shots get another raise......

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 05:56 PM   #10
3drburb

I think they take our taxes from gasoline, tabs and auto related stuff and put artwork on the side of the roads instead of fixing the roads, oh and give each other huge bonuses.
3drburb is offline   Reply With Quote