The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2017, 03:17 PM   #28
68Gold/white

Re: Anyone here own or see a 70 C10 with factory disc brakes???

Quote:
Originally Posted by volksworld View Post
i put the surburban disc brake crossmember in my 70 in about 1980 so i'm sure if he worked in a parts house in the late 80's there were already converted trucks running around....yes the 70 housing was wider and could use the later 5 lug axles....and a stolen 71 could have been re-titled ...4 pop rivits is a much easier conversion
This is just my opinion, thanks for your contribution.

Your 1980 disc brake conversion was not a common thing, back in the 80's The world was different back then. Mostly back then folks struggled to make a living. An old pickup was just that, an old pickup. They got repaired and used for what they were intended for, that was about it!!!

Prosperity among working folks with an old pickup they wanted to fix up was not too terribly common. The economy didn't really support doing the radical things we take for granted till around the late 90's (about when this website started).

My thoughts of ANY pickups in the 80's or most of the 90's converted to front disc would be an absolute minimum.
I'm sure quite a few conversions happened due to wreck repairs. A friend of mine's Dad had a nice 72. It got wrecked in the front. THe body shop located a cherry 69 front clip. They called him, asking if that would be OK. It was going to make repair price cheaper. I'm still trying to buy THAT pickup. It just sits.......

There's SOOOO many members here
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote