The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-04-2017, 06:20 PM   #1
wibilly

Control arm bushings

Well it is time for some front end work on my old work truck. I got new Moog ball joints both upper and lower. It seems my control arm bushings are shot as well
It. Looks like replacements are rubber and come with the shafts. Have any of you replaced these and what brand do you recommend or recommend avoiding? Does anyone have a kitwith urathane or better bushings? I have urathane bushings for the rear just not installed yet. L as stated summer was the first I didn't work this olds gear in the ten plus years I have owned it. I really miss driving it and don't want to miss another season . It is undoubtedly the best and most comfortable truck I have ever had but unsafe until front end is rebuilt. Thanks for your input, and I remember from years ago when I was a regular here you all like pics so I'',LL attach one. Thanks again , Jim[
Old 03-04-2017, 06:22 PM   #2
wibilly

Re: Control arm bushings

Sorry no pics, I guess I don't know how to do it from my phone.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:19 PM   #3
jessemthompson

You can use photo bucket to post from your phone.
jessemthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 11:45 PM   #4
saxart

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibilly View Post
Well it is time for some front end work on my old work truck. I got new Moog ball joints both upper and lower. It seems my control arm bushings are shot as well
It. Looks like replacements are rubber and come with the shafts. Have any of you replaced these and what brand do you recommend or recommend avoiding? Does anyone have a kitwith urathane or better bushings? I have urathane bushings for the rear just not installed yet. L as stated summer was the first I didn't work this olds gear in the ten plus years I have owned it. I really miss driving it and don't want to miss another season . It is undoubtedly the best and most comfortable truck I have ever had but unsafe until front end is rebuilt. Thanks for your input, and I remember from years ago when I was a regular here you all like pics so I'',LL attach one. Thanks again , Jim[
Billy- If your truck is a 67-72, then the front control arm bushings should be metal with a rubber "boot" on the inside of the arm. If your bushings truly are rubber, then you must have a front end that someone swapped in from a later truck. I went with the Moog kit off Rockauto.com on my '70, and they seem good. I did all 4 ball joints, inner and outter tie rod ends, and A-arm shafts, and the entire bill was $238 with shipping. This was for a 'brake drum' front end.

BTW... Where in NW Wisconsin are you located? We may be neighbors.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:59 PM   #5
wibilly

Saxarg, my current a bushings are metal
It seems all the replacements are rubber.
Old 03-05-2017, 12:06 AM   #6
sprint_9

Try this:

MOOG K6098 Upper
MOOG K6147 Lower

If looking on Rockauto, look under "control arm shaft", these are for the front. If your looking under "control arm bushing", then those are for the rear trailing arms.
sprint_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:31 PM   #7
wibilly

Saxart I am at the start of the St Croix river. Not sure what point you are on it.[LIST][*]Sprint 9 Thanks for the part #s they are what I was looking at but I guess my eyes are not what they used to be . After blowing up the pics I see they look right
Thanks again
[