The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-24-2016, 02:55 AM   #1
El Dorado Jim

nice 72 gmc K20 on craigslist

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5429682056.html
El Dorado Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:11 PM   #2
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Re: nice 72 gmc K20 on craigslist

Nice truck but I'm not fond of the blacked out trim.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 08:21 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

GMCs are K2500s. That's a hella way to treat a "super rare" truck. Doesn't matter at this point. It's been turned into a dime a dozen K2500 baring personal styling that suited the owner. It's value as a super rare Sierra Grande K2500 would require redoing the whole thing. It doesn't even have original drivetrain. It's rebuilt, not restored. Restored means bringing them back to how they were new. Thanks for sharing, just saying the seller has the wrong approach to selling. It has nothing to do with me not liking much of anything he did. Someone will like it

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 02:36 PM   #4
El Dorado Jim

I started posting craigslist trucks in the 67-72 message board, have posted a bunch lately....I agree with you guys, not my style either, just like to let others know what is out there, especially for the guys back east, where there aren't as many of these old survivors.........
Old 02-28-2016, 03:35 PM   #5
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dorado Jim View Post
I started posting craigslist trucks in the 67-72 message board, have posted a bunch lately....I agree with you guys, not my style either, just like to let others know what is out there, especially for the guys back east, where there aren't as many of these old survivors.........
Yeah, we're spoiled here.I learned a hard lesson once. I bought a 70 El Camino in Monterey and it lived there it's whole life and it looked nice.I went to paint it and found a lot of steel wool and bondo. The salt air ate it alive and wound up scraping it. The coast is not a good place in California to find old sheet metal

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 11:10 PM   #6
El Dorado Jim

I know, I try and stay away from trucks from the coast, I saw a truck in Pacifica on craigslist, said it was real rusty but came with a complete replacement cab, I have seen trucks where the frames are totally rusted through....I saw my worst rusted out '72 K20 when I went on a trip to Minnesota last year to help a friend move back there,the truck was a total rusted out shell, had the passenger door wired shut,my friend's Dad owned the truck and used to plow snow with it, not much left of the truck, but I did manage to buy the big blue spicer hubs off of it though, so I was pretty happy about that.....
Old 02-28-2016, 11:44 PM   #7
special-K
Special Order

We appreciate western trucks being shared. There is a thread a member started for the Craigslist listing so the board doesn't get crowded with them. When the individual listings get deleted or expire they become space junk. Not giving you a hard time, just making a suggestion along with a couple reasons why it's a good idea.

If I'm looking to buy a truck on Craigslist I look in rust free areas. But I was finding and buying trucks from out west before the internet. The internet brought that to the general public. With this truck for me, I'd just assume find one that I can fix up to my liking. The blacked out trim is just cheaping out, the side trim is gone/holes filled, standard windshield gasket, Replacement woodgrain dash parts, etc. It left the factory as a K2500 Sierra Grande or maybe a Sierra (need to know option code), which gives it potential value. But as it is, It's less desirable (to me) than a C/20 base model converted to 4wd with Sierra grande trim and badging in factory color. Again, not to sound unappreciative. Just sayin'.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote