The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #1
gso1975

new here.

Working on a tight budget. Got a 72 c10 long bed. Getting my exhaust done next week. Shop said if im gonna lower it i should do it b4 the exhaust is done. Its got 31/10.5/ 15's on it now. Tires r in great shape. Would you lower it with that size tire on it? Any info is greatly appricated. Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device
gso1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

Re: new here.

Welcome!

Does the exhaust need to be repaired or are you playing with it? Drive it for an while a come up with a game plan, but having said that, everyone on here has done something more than once.
Posted via Mobile Device
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #3
Tinkermc

Some how plans change and money gets spent more than once, but welcome to the forum
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #4
gdavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gso1975 View Post
Working on a tight budget. Got a 72 c10 long bed. Getting my exhaust done next week. Shop said if im gonna lower it i should do it b4 the exhaust is done. Its got 31/10.5/ 15's on it now. Tires r in great shape. Would you lower it with that size tire on it? Any info is greatly appricated. Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device
I put in a new exhaust system in my truck. It had a six banger. One week later I took the truck apart. 368.00 for nothing. So I traded the system for spare parts, that I was going to need anyway. But, I will have to agree with everyone here. We have done things twice.
gdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:20 PM   #5
gso1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
Welcome!

Does the exhaust need to be repaired or are you playing with it? Drive it for an while a come up with a game plan, but having said that, everyone on here has done something more than once.
Posted via Mobile Device
The guy i bought the truck from kinda butchered the exhaust. Its single exhaust with a glass pack and its just bouncing around and ratteling. Sounds like crap. I also had a cam swap done so it sounds a lil lumpy. Want/ need to get the exhaust done so i can drive it more. My current plan for the near future is...exhaust, smaller tires, and lowering it. Gonna cut a coil and a half up front and rear. I think the tires i have now will rub in front if i lower it b4 i get tires...any thoughts on my current tires and lowering it now?? Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device
gso1975 is offline   Reply With Quote