The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-31-2016, 08:21 AM   #1
buffydores

K5 Blazer/Jimmy Side Window Rubber/Gasket/Flocked Channel

Just wanted to share some info I've gathered during our restoration work on my Dad's '78.

A good replacement rubber (filler plug) for the interior trim of the window frame (not the flocked window gasket) can be purchased from Duncan Systems (Part #2-132-014470):

The product was inherited when Duncan Systems purchased Atwood Mobile a few years back.

For the flocked window channel, I purchased from Metro Moulded Parts, Inc. I need two (2) WC-22 96" and one (1) WC-22 48" to fill the gaps. You really need a 108" run for each side, but I couldn't find any custom lengths. I think there are some good options if you just check with your local glass shop.

buffydores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 02:11 PM   #2
buffydores

Re: K5 Blazer/Jimmy Side Window Rubber/Gasket/Flocked Channel

Link: Duncan Systems
Old 03-15-2017, 06:19 PM   #3
tipper77

just bought a 86 K5 for my son and I to work on together. last night I ran into this issue with the sliding windows. felt for the window guide/slide is falling apart and basically gone now and it binds up the sliding glass. Like I have read nobody including LMC seams to have it. buffydores your saying that WC-22 part # from Metro moulded parts worked well for those window guides?
tipper77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:02 PM   #4
buffydores

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipper77 View Post
just bought a 86 K5 for my son and I to work on together. last night I ran into this issue with the sliding windows. felt for the window guide/slide is falling apart and basically gone now and it binds up the sliding glass. Like I have read nobody including LMC seams to have it. buffydores your saying that WC-22 part # from Metro moulded parts worked well for those window guides?
Yep, but like I mentioned above, nobody makes a 108" run, so you'll have two pieces. I hunted all over the place, and couldn't find one long enough to do the whole thing.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:31 PM   #5
tipper77

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffydores View Post
Yep, but like I mentioned above, nobody makes a 108" run, so you'll have two pieces. I hunted all over the place, and couldn't find one long enough to do the whole thing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-19-2017, 07:00 PM   #6
Darrell R

Like buffydoers I found a door channel that works as a good replacement for the side slider window seals. I got mine from DK Hardware Supply – they are CRL 60” Flexible Flocked Rubber Glass Run Channels for 1965 – 1967 Chevy trucks. They are not long enough to do the job in one piece so I put one on top and one on bottom with the joint just shy of the front top corner. Worked out great and I am so glad I don’t have to listen to the noise anymore.
Darrell R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:24 AM   #7
tipper77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell R View Post
Like buffydoers I found a door channel that works as a good replacement for the side slider window seals. I got mine from DK Hardware Supply – they are CRL 60” Flexible Flocked Rubber Glass Run Channels for 1965 – 1967 Chevy trucks. They are not long enough to do the job in one piece so I put one on top and one on bottom with the joint just shy of the front top corner. Worked out great and I am so glad I don’t have to listen to the noise anymore.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-20-2017, 08:27 AM   #8
tipper77

Thanks Darrell for the info. I did order what Buffydores suggested already so hoping that goes fine which it sounds promising with either option Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device