The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-15-2012, 10:13 PM   #1
Rogue_Alphonse

My intake gasket replacement became a project.

Basically what started as such has lead to me dropping on a Holley Performer TBI intake, a rebuilt larger TBI unit, serpentine belt conversion, swapping to the 4-pin alternator, re-installing A/C, replacing my 4-headlight wire harness with the standard one because I never did when I backswapped to the '80 front clip, and replacing the parking brake mechanism because the current one has a stripped gear and comes back up.

How so? Well, I removed the driver's side fender since it's in a tight garage and the fender is a little dinged up so I plan to replace it anyway. Plus I have almost all the parts for all of this, even the bigger TBI unit. All I'd need to buy is the A/C compressor setup for a serpentine belt, the intake and gasket kit and different headlight wire harness.

I made progress today. Gonna clean up the aluminum serpentine brackets here shortly. [my garage is 16 miles from where I live unfortunately ]

1991 Mustang GT Vert, T-5 w/ Pro 5.0, Trick Flow upper & lower, BBK cold air intake, 3:73, BAMA chip, etc.
1988 K5 Blazer, [coming soon] TBI 400, SM465/NP208, 12 bolt rear, 3:08's, looks like a 1980.
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 fully loaded daily driver!
Where there's a will, there's a rig!
Rogue_Alphonse is offline   Reply With Quote