The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-01-2003, 06:26 PM   #1
mutant-jimbo

trashed floorboard

i ve got cancer of the floor baord. is there anywhere i can buy a whole new piece (from behind the seats to the firewall)??
thanks for any help, the only thing i can find by a search are smaller sections.
Attached Images

mutant-jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 12:11 AM   #2
mutant-jimbo

just thought id show the other side, its not as bad. also, the rot is only on the upper part of the floor board, not the under side?? this completely opposite of my other pretty wierd? oh si!!
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2003, 08:54 PM   #3
79cheyenne4x

aftermarket floor panels

A company by the name of "LMC Truck" sells these panels. I recently purchased panls from them for the floor of my '79 Blazer. I have not yet installed them, they're for a winter project. But, the quality is excellent, and the LMC service is first class. Check out their website at: www.LMCTRUCK.com
They have a great catelog too, plus orders over $500 get free freight. I ordered a whole bunch of odds and ends for a total of $503, and my order arrived in less than a week.
79cheyenne4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 12:15 AM   #4
littlebubba

Salvage yards

I don't know how close you are to any salvage yards in your area, but I would think down that way you should be able to come up with a pretty good piece to replace yours outta a salvage vehicle. Just have to have it welded in after that, which your going to do anyway if you buy patch panels. I'm sure if your Chevy dealer can still get that panel if it hasn't been discontinued you will pay good money for it, but it doesn't hurt or cost money to call and ask them.
littlebubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 12:26 AM   #5
mutant-jimbo

i have a hard time fining my style of blazer. i think they changed the bed floor in 78, making it deeper, for the rear seat occupants feat. i was kinda wondering if a regular cab truck floor would be similar?
Old 11-03-2003, 08:14 AM   #6
Tink

I used floor pans from JC Whitney for my 76. Some cutting had to be done to get them to fit and they did not go all they way back. I used fiberglass to fill in the other holes.

88 Sierra

02 2500 Suburban
And too many S10s to list!
Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 10:15 AM   #7
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

The Blazer floor is unique to it, and the 73-77 floors are different. the pickups have a large hump to clear the fuel tanks, and the suburban has the same floor for some reason.
Old 11-03-2003, 08:58 PM   #8
mutant-jimbo

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonboy
The Blazer floor is unique to it, and the 73-77 floors are different. the pickups have a large hump to clear the fuel tanks, and the suburban has the same floor for some reason.
the same as the blazer or the truck?
Old 11-04-2003, 09:31 AM   #9
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

the same as a pickup. The Blazer floors are flat, and are the only full size Chevy truck like that. I am not sure if the front portion of the floorpan is the same after 77 or not, but if I remember right, my 75 had a slope going back to the rear cargo floor, while the newer ones drop straight down.
Old 11-04-2003, 08:32 PM   #10
mutant-jimbo

on both my Jimmy and Blazer (75's) the bed is flat all the way to the back of the front seat. then it drops staright down to floorbaord level. that stayed the same up to '77. In '78 it went to a larger floor board area. so the rear seat occupants didnt have to rest their chins on their knees.
so i guess ill pose one more question. if the boards are differant in the fullsize truck, where does the gas hump start? after the back of the seat or under? if it starts after (to the rear of) then i could cut the whole thing out and put it in the jimmy anjd trim til it fits.
Old 11-08-2003, 01:29 AM   #11
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

the hump starts where the front seat bracket bolts to it. Your Blazer should have a seat bracket that provides ~6 inches of lift. The truck seat brackets are about 1" tall.