The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #8301
jabborabbo

Re: What did you do to your truck today!

It wasn't today - it was a couple of days ago, but this has been my first chance to post a picture...I entered Maxine in an Army fundraising car show - won the Commanding General's trophy and a trophy for the highest mileage (which doesn't make much sense for a vehicle with 115,000 miles - I figured someone would show up in a rusty and smoking '60's VW bug with 300K plus miles - heck, my other two late model vehicles have more miles on them than that!)

The competition wasn't too fierce, but hey, a win is a win!!
Attached Images

Old 11-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #8302
mud.man.rj

Still nice to win a trophy, I won a first for nicest truck one time and was only 2 trucks, 50/50 chance to win
Old 11-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #8303
BugzC10

Finshed refurbishing my rallys. Now I have to buy tires next month.

Old 11-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #8304
In The Ten Ring

Nothing directly done to the truck but did beef up the garage's structural security. My neighbor's kitchen door got kicked in 3 weeks ago and some stuff was taken (including a loaded Beretta!) so I've been dumping some brain power into making my junk safer.

This is a pic of EZ Armor going into my house's back door frame but it isn't much different for the garage. I did manage to break a drill bit off getting over zealous with how deep I was drilling my pilot holes but the screw I wanted to use still fit fine.

Old 11-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #8305
Mike_The_Grad

Bugz,
Those are some nice looking rims. Good job.

Instagram: Mike_The_Grad
Old 11-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #8306
BugzC10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_The_Grad View Post
Bugz,
Those are some nice looking rims. Good job.
Thanks...lots a elbow grease!! When I get some meats on them I'll post some new pics.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:52 PM   #8307
SuperCtruck

Stripped all the limo tint off my 71 c10 swb put on by the PO it looks alot cleaner and I'm able to see at night while driving
Old 11-09-2013, 11:05 PM   #8308
BruthaMan
US Army Veteran

Sometimes I wonder if we should have a "What did your truck do to you today?" thread.

Having recently setup a one piece oil pan gasket in my '78, I picked up a one piece fel pro oil pan gasket for my '72. It was either that, or start putting a mini-pad under my truck, as it was getting progressively worse.

Thought it would be a simple process. Jacked the front end up, jack stands, remove the oil pan bolts and slide the pan out, right? Heh!

After an hour of fighting with the oil pan, it won. Came inside and did a search on the forum to learn it's not as straight forward as on my '78.

Back out to remove the engine mount bolts. First one was out after fifteen minutes of one-to-two clicks at a time on the ratchet. Move to the other side only to encounter a fuel pump with no other way. Three fuel pump bolts later, I was educated on that top bolt under the AC compressor that was next to impossible to get. Thirty minutes later, I had a fuel pump free and started on the passenger side motor mount.

Jacked the engine up a few inches at most, and the oil pan fell free on it's own. Quickly discovered I had picked up the wrong fel pro kit. Wife is out of town, so my truck was only transportation. Son stopped by and I used his truck to go back up to AutoZone with oil pan in hand (GM Crate motor).

By that time, it was dark. Truck still on stands, brought everything else inside. Get to reverse it all for even more fun in the morning!

Would have never imagined something that *should* be so simple, would require a partial frame off restoration to just to accomplish.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:15 AM   #8309
R.L.

I live in one of the wettest places in the country and I finally got rid of that wore out sloppy wind shield wiper linkage today!!!
Old 11-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #8310
jgb7038

Finally got my new tires friday,so went and had them mounted on the wheels saturday. 335/30/18 on 11" rims for the rear,and 225/45/18 on 8" rims for the front. Still need to finish the hubcaps and get the rims painted.

Old 11-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #8311
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

Those wheels and tires are sweet.. I let my truck see daylight for the 1st time in months...
Attached Images

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
Old 11-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #8312
DWilbur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugzC10 View Post
Finshed refurbishing my rallys. Now I have to buy tires next month.

I not a big fan of steelies but these look awsom. very cool.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #8313
mud.man.rj

Here is my poor truck, we had 7" plus of snow, cleaned the driveway twice already and it is -19 celcius with a -30 c wind chill, yep..winter is here, at least I have a 4x4 so can still use it.

ya Canada, to cold for only 5 or so more months.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #8314
BugzC10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWilbur View Post
I not a big fan of steelies but these look awsom. very cool.
Thanks...I needed some new wheels and my son suggested I go rally for the old school look.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #8315
Vova

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 View Post
Those wheels and tires are sweet.. I let my truck see daylight for the 1st time in months...
I spy a Toyota rock crawler in that pic...
Old 11-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #8316
In The Ten Ring

Today I took pics of my spare tire mount and went on and installed the "hinge shields" to my side garage door (EZ Armor). Whatever I can do to better secure my truck.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #8317
BugzC10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgb7038 View Post
Finally got my new tires friday,so went and had them mounted on the wheels saturday. 335/30/18 on 11" rims for the rear,and 225/45/18 on 8" rims for the front. Still need to finish the hubcaps and get the rims painted.

Damn...those are nice. who's steelies are those? Makes me think twice about mounting my rallys. Definitely post some pics when you put them on your truck
Old 11-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #8318
In The Ten Ring

Ya I like those wheels too. If I come across some "dog dish" hubcaps I like I'll get 'em and put me together a combo like that. I think such was probably how my truck was first sold anyway.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #8319
ksshane

trying to finish up my drop, but ran out of wire so I couldn't finish welding in my c notches... Hopefully get them finished tomorrow.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #8320
jgb7038

Quote:
Damn...those are nice. who's steelies are those? Makes me think twice about mounting my rallys. Definitely post some pics when you put them on your truck

Thanks,they are from Detroit Steel Wheel. Will have a build thread on the truck when I get a little further along.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:43 AM   #8321
Gor77

1970 Chevrolet C10 stepside
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=569197
Old 11-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #8322
elf w/capital T

Got a new ujoint THAT FITS correctly!, mounted 5" drop springs, u bolts,aligned the new rearend up, now gettting the bed ready to be put on so i can get my rear angled right, first timme the truck has been on the ground in a year!!!! I forgot how low it was

Last edited by elf w/capital T; 11-11-2013 at 08:32 AM. Reason: image
Old 11-11-2013, 03:53 PM   #8323
ekgguy

Quote:
Where did you get the hubcaps? I have also been looking for the same hubcaps. I want to do exactly that with the rims matching the truck although a little wider in the back and trim rings.

Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=672655

"Father thank you for the gathering of friends, Father we give thanks for all the choices we've made because that's what makes us who we are, let us forever cherish the loved ones we've lost along the way and most of all THANK YOU FOR FAST CARS!"
Old 11-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #8324
bbcmudtruck

This weekend was a looooong one! I was out in the shop till 3am every day from friday through last night.. Got my front control arms stripped, painted, new bushings, ball joints intalled. Then put new drop spindles on with new drop springs. New calipers and brake pads went on next. The rotors were fairly new and didn't need any work. Next I pulled the motor, put it on the stand and went to work! I pulled everything but the heads. Found out I have a 4bolt main and it has alot of nice pieces in it. Everything was arp and all torque specs were dead on. Also found out my heads were from a 1970 corvette and have been ported extensively. The port work on these heads are beautiful! I didn't pull the heads off to check the bowl work, or even measure the valves. I simply didn't have a good set of head gaskets here or I would have. Anyway, I got the motor reassembled with new intake and carb. Eddy rpm airgap topped off with a new holley 670 avenger. Got myself new wires, hotter coil and new gaskets on everything. Once I got the motor done, I went out to the engine bay and went to work. I found out that the cross member in the frame was barely held in place! When I say barely, I mean bare minimum. This truck was a grenade with the pin pulled. I got lucky to say the least. I got all six of the lower cross member bolts with nuts. (ya, they were all missing!) Torqued them down to spec. Then I tightened all of the other bolts that go through the side of the frame rail. They were hand tight! Plus, it was missing one on the driver side and missing two on passenger! Got a little painting work done to clean up the areas that were bare. Next I got the motor dropped back in and buttoned up to the trans, stall converter and motor mounts. The trans was previously held in place with 2 bolts! I had to drill out a bad hole in the block where the previous owner snapped one of the trans bolts off. I got lucky as I was able to drill it out and easy out the busted bolt. Ran a chaser through every single bolt in the engine and frame as well. I still have to put the alternator on as well as the power steering pump. Wire up the starter and put new fluids in. I dang near got it done inside of a weekend, but I fell just about 3 hours short. I know its a long post, but figured you guys would get a kick out how this truck was put together, or the lack there of! I didn't get any pictures, I was hauling ass through this. However once I get the rest of the stuff done, I will get it off the jack stands and get some pics up.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:35 PM   #8325
VWNate1

Thumbs up Re: What did you do to your truck today!

No ;

Posts like this are very good indeed because they remind folks to never take anything for granted and to not trust the DPO/DPM's work ! .

THANK YOU .

-Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcmudtruck View Post
This weekend was a looooong one! I was out in the shop till 3am every day from friday through last night.. Got my front control arms stripped, painted, new bushings, ball joints intalled. Then put new drop spindles on with new drop springs. New calipers and brake pads went on next. The rotors were fairly new and didn't need any work. Next I pulled the motor, put it on the stand and went to work! I pulled everything but the heads. Found out I have a 4bolt main and it has alot of nice pieces in it. Everything was arp and all torque specs were dead on. Also found out my heads were from a 1970 corvette and have been ported extensively. The port work on these heads are beautiful! I didn't pull the heads off to check the bowl work, or even measure the valves. I simply didn't have a good set of head gaskets here or I would have. Anyway, I got the motor reassembled with new intake and carb. Eddy rpm airgap topped off with a new holley 670 avenger. Got myself new wires, hotter coil and new gaskets on everything. Once I got the motor done, I went out to the engine bay and went to work. I found out that the cross member in the frame was barely held in place! When I say barely, I mean bare minimum. This truck was a grenade with the pin pulled. I got lucky to say the least. I got all six of the lower cross member bolts with nuts. (ya, they were all missing!) Torqued them down to spec. Then I tightened all of the other bolts that go through the side of the frame rail. They were hand tight! Plus, it was missing one on the driver side and missing two on passenger! Got a little painting work done to clean up the areas that were bare. Next I got the motor dropped back in and buttoned up to the trans, stall converter and motor mounts. The trans was previously held in place with 2 bolts! I had to drill out a bad hole in the block where the previous owner snapped one of the trans bolts off. I got lucky as I was able to drill it out and easy out the busted bolt. Ran a chaser through every single bolt in the engine and frame as well. I still have to put the alternator on as well as the power steering pump. Wire up the starter and put new fluids in. I dang near got it done inside of a weekend, but I fell just about 3 hours short. I know its a long post, but figured you guys would get a kick out how this truck was put together, or the lack there of! I didn't get any pictures, I was hauling ass through this. However once I get the rest of the stuff done, I will get it off the jack stands and get some pics up.
Closed Thread