The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-24-2015, 11:06 PM   #1
DUD2STUD

Intellitronix LMC gauges

I did a lot of research before I bought these gauges and read a lot of uneducated comments about theses gauges. I just want to take a moment and tell my story about LMC and Intellitronix gauges. One of the first thing I want to address is these gauges are not cheap Dakota Digital Chinese nock offs. Intellitronix is an American company and stamped right on the gauge is MADE IN THE USA. Now to say that there is not some components made in China I can't but that's not the main reason for me writing this. For those that know it did take about 6 months to get them from LMC but more on that later. About a week after installing them the speedo and fuel gauge pegged out but the rest of the gauges still worked. After many hours of chasing wires and trying to figure out the problem I gave up and called Intellitronix and left a message. In about an hour Mal called me back and I went through the problem I had everything I had done to try and remedy the problem. Mal gave me a couple more things to try and said if that didn't work ship it back and he would look at it for me. None of his suggestions worked so I went about pulling them out. Upon doing so I found that on install I had pinched a wire and it had shorted out. Now Mal told me to ship it back and to not worry he would remember our conversation and since he was the tech hotline and the repair guy he would remember and it would take about 2 weeks to get it back to me. Ya right I told myself,here's another 6 months with no gauges. Saturday was exactly 2 weeks and guess what was sitting on my door step when I got home. Now remember the reason the gauges shorted out was my own stupidity for not running a grommet in the fire wall. Not only did I get my gauges back in the exact time frame he gave but they fixed them for free and paid to shipped them back to me insured. Now for the LMC part,when I told him it took 6 months to get his first question was did you order the blue ones witch I did and he said those are the most popular and since they build them in the USA 1 unit at a time it takes a while. Now being a person of bad luck when buying something new and it not working, I can't remember a company that repaired it for free ( remember this was not a warranty issue but a stupidity issue) and shipped on there own dime. I just want to give a props to an American company that still takes care of its customers.
DUD2STUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:10 PM   #2
jsera

Re: Intellitronix LMC gauges

Nice to hear, Im switching to a t-56 and need to switch out my gauges and have been considering these. Any pics installed?
jsera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:46 PM   #3
DUD2STUD

Sorry for the quality I had to pull them from a video
Attached Images

Old 02-25-2015, 06:12 PM   #4
Andy4639
Old member

Cool Re: Intellitronix LMC gauges

They look nice man! Nice to know. I wonder if you can buy them anywhere else besides LMC!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:08 PM   #5
Scottcoda

I found this on ebay.. the listing has ended but I think they will relist the item when he puts another set together.. I am putting serious consideration to getting this for my GMC

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-Truck-...-/301514193264
Old 02-25-2015, 10:16 PM   #6
Dan Wales

If those jokers are any good he's going to sell a BUNCH and one of them will be me.
It would be nice somehow if one of us met or knew someone with one of the six sets he's sold.

Dan
Dan Wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:34 PM   #7
derotoreut
Roto Reuter thats the name...

I'm curious… What makes you think that Dakota Digital gauges are cheap Chinese knock-offs? In my experience they make a great product and stand behind it 100%. I only had one set ever give me a problem, and that was a minor display issue. I sent it back to them and had it returned in one weeks time at no cost to me and no questions asked. I will continue to buy their products.

1970 SWB Fleet K10 4X4, 5.3L LM7, 4L60E, Dakota Digital RTX, Vintage Air, Ididit tilt
1971 SWB Fleet C10 - Original SWB Arizona truck, new custom restoration project

"Kick out your motor and drive while you're still alive - kick it out!" - Heart 1977
derotoreut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:54 PM   #8
JointTech

i think he was saying they ARE NOT cheap dakota digital knock offs. Meaning he thinks the dakota ones are good and most stuff from LMC is garbage but this is not one of those things
JointTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 11:42 PM   #9
derotoreut
Roto Reuter thats the name...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JointTech View Post
i think he was saying they ARE NOT cheap dakota digital knock offs. Meaning he thinks the dakota ones are good and most stuff from LMC is garbage but this is not one of those things
OK. Obviously I misunderstood then. My apologies.

1970 SWB Fleet K10 4X4, 5.3L LM7, 4L60E, Dakota Digital RTX, Vintage Air, Ididit tilt
1971 SWB Fleet C10 - Original SWB Arizona truck, new custom restoration project

"Kick out your motor and drive while you're still alive - kick it out!" - Heart 1977
derotoreut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:21 PM   #10
DUD2STUD

No Dakota's are great but the ones I wanted are $1200. What I was getting at was everyone was saying they are Dakota nock offs or they were cheap China made garbage. I just wanted to put it out there that they are great quality. Great customer service. I am the kind of guy that spends hours doing research to find the best price and could not find them for sale anywhere but LMC.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:25 PM   #11
DUD2STUD

Scottcoda those are Intelltronix gauges on eBay if you look in the upper left corner it says made in the usa with Intelltronix under it and at $195 that's a hell of a deal. I'm going to be pissed if he sells more because I paid way more
Old 02-27-2015, 08:27 AM   #12
Scottcoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUD2STUD View Post
Scottcoda those are Intelltronix gauges on eBay if you look in the upper left corner it says made in the usa with Intelltronix under it and at $195 that's a hell of a deal. I'm going to be pissed if he sells more because I paid way more
I contacted the seller via ebay and it turns out the 6 he sold were left overs from a batch he made for LMC.. He is doing another batch as we speak for LMC and is relisting a few extras this Sunday (02/29/2015) .. I am almost positive that I will get a set, Just not sure if I will miss that retro green glow of my dash that I do love so much... but I think I am leaning for going with the digital just for the Tach and clock alone.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:40 AM   #13
Scottcoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Wales View Post
If those jokers are any good he's going to sell a BUNCH and one of them will be me.
It would be nice somehow if one of us met or knew someone with one of the six sets he's sold.

Dan
Some how I missed your post.. See my above post
Old 02-27-2015, 09:48 AM   #14
tinsoldier

I bought one from him. However I only paid 170 shipped. . I have not install it yet because it has been too cold in the garage to work on the truck. I only have a picture of it outside wired temporary to an external power source.
Attached Images

tinsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 01:56 PM   #15
Scottcoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
I bought one from him. However I only paid 170 shipped. . I have not install it yet because it has been too cold in the garage to work on the truck. I only have a picture of it outside wired temporary to an external power source.

Wow that looks real nice!!!
Old 02-27-2015, 08:46 PM   #16
TheSeeker

Intellitronix products are manufactured in the USA.

Last edited by kcsa75; 04-04-2015 at 09:10 AM.
TheSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:25 PM   #17
davepl

I don't get how these things run over a grand but still have 1960s 7-segment LED displays. I guess they're period correct then :-) Not that I claim they're cheap to build, produce, market, sell, and support, it just looks so old school. And if that's the look you want, they're awesome! Many, many people do and have them and love them.

For my purposes, I'm just surprised no one has built a nice VFD display. Heck, if I could find the right size LCD displays I'd love to build a digital dash ala the C7 Corvette, my 2010 Range Rover (they did an awesome job) and so on.

I even have two unused iPads I could write an iOS app for, but they're actually too big. I tried to fit them behind both our truck cluster and the '69 Camaro, no dice.

Maybe iPad minis? Soon enough the old ones will be dirt cheap on eBay, and perhaps then...
davepl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:51 AM   #18
vman1213

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
question you have pics of the back. I am having trouble understanding how to mount to the bezel
vman1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:44 PM   #19
Rykramer99

Has anyone installed them? I am looking for some guidance. Thanks
Rykramer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:37 PM   #20
vman1213

Haven't installed yet hopefully next week sometime
vman1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:12 AM   #21
WIDESIDE72

Makes me want one! I wonder why the swapped the temp and battery gauges around. I've gotten used to looking in the same place over the years. Imo the shoulda just put the fuel gauge where the blank spot was, so it would be volt, temp, gas,oil from left to right. But I'm picky. Haha
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:26 AM   #22
WIDESIDE72

Just an fyi I tried the best offer option on his current auction for the red ones. Based on what I read here, I started at $150, then $160 and finally $175 and got immediately declined each time, so now my only option is to buy it now at $249. Nope. Guess ill try my luck with the next auction.
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:10 PM   #23
Nitis

man would love to see more detail on these you cant get anything for that kind of money and a claimed lifetime warranty

those who have then installed or not please share more pictures
Nitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 01:16 PM   #24
Nitis

Maybe a stupid question but is the oil pressure gauge electric or mechanical?
Old 04-04-2015, 04:58 PM   #25
Nitis

another question the picture in the LMC book shows some green lights under the clock what are they for?