The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-30-2019, 05:56 PM   #26
54blackhornet

Re: 67 - 72 GMC Production Numbers

Warren you have a 1972 1/2 Ton two wheel drive GMC pickup. Any parts person that asks you for more information than that is just trying to fill in the spaces his computer is asking him for. I suggest you find yourself another parts house. Now they might ask something like does your pickup have a/c or power brakes or steering ? Normal question ! The custom deluxe package is a trim upgrade over stock equipment.....again you have a very nice GMC...
Old 10-01-2019, 01:07 PM   #27
Warren

Parts places I use are fine. They are where I get parts for my 92 Roadmaster one sort of having more old stock or older GM stuff. Other is a mini Rock Auto type of place but no where close. Pricing has been good on both and service very good. The truck was out of their comfort zone and I wasnt up on what its called and been told different things not knowing who to believe.

Thanks on the trim upgrade thought I was wondering if that was part of the name from a post. I looked at one of the posts and see 1500 Sierra at the bottom then see another one of his trucks and its Sierra Grande? So is one a short box and one a long box? its a logical question. Im old we had small medium and large, next thing you know im ordering a coffee and its now Grande??? Hell when I grew up we had inches feet and sixteenths and and

I emailed both with no response calling it a 72 GMC C1500 Sierra. Then thinking I should have left the Sierra off. I did ask both what they get in their computer when they look it up.

Guess no one will answer about the SE in the glove box and what that is ill look up the wheel base as there has to be two models of that.

I tried to buy a trailer hitch class V where i got the one for the wally and they can no longer find any for the truck. I ask the parts supplier and he says he just might be able to get one. So as ive always found I have to ask a number of people to figure things out. I did mufflers recently and went to three places before I found who I wanted. I called about leaf springs recently to a place recommended by two guys with old trucks and he had little interest. So its not all cut and dry.

And just to keep things confusing, I see this in my files on Emblems. Just added an image to a post I already made, progress I think its Save and not Submit
Attached Images

Last edited by Warren; 10-01-2019 at 01:32 PM.
Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 03:19 PM   #28
54blackhornet

The emblem is the correct one for your pickup Warren. The SE on your SPID is short for serial number. If you want to talk leaf springs contact Detroit Spring, they can fabricate any type spring. GMC in Canada did some things differently than in the US...Jack
Old 10-02-2019, 03:56 AM   #29
69CST4x4SWB

Location: Oregon, The Beautiful Pacific Northwest (GOD'S country)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
sorry tried to get rid of this cant find it tried to remove the photo only see submit and wont let me remove the photo sorry for now will try later
Warren, click the edit button in the lower right of the post you want to delete. The next window that opens with have a delete button in nearly the same location that the edit button was in but in the edit window.
1972 GMC 1500 Sierra Grande (Orange Creamsicle) Sold
1979 Chevy C/30 Cheyenne Flatbed Dually (FatBoy) Sold
1991 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab (LowBoy) Sold
2008 Harley Davidson Electra Glide (Black Betty)
Mark ~ US ARMY VETERAN 2nd ARMORED DIVISION 67th ARMOR
69CST4x4SWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 12:36 PM   #30
Warren

Thanks on that, think someone posted if you delete a post your other posts after are deleted?

One Dealer responded, the one that is sort of Rock Auto in Canada. More limited amount of parts so no leaf but had the bushings from Moog for the different leaves.

Here is what they see when they look up our trucks. I talked to GM Vintage and will find out how much info I can get from them. Have done this in the past for another car.

Did clic on Edit as before but still dont see a Delete button, if i hold the cursor over edit it does say Edit/Delete.

For my question to the dealer and wanting to know what is at their end GMC C15/C1500 Pickup 1968-1972. I looked up some parts based on that and just stuck on front coils.
Attached Images

Last edited by Warren; 10-02-2019 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:37 AM   #31
Warren

Ordered the Vehicle Package from GM Vintage.

Motor changed several owners back and see the box was also changed, as its not a wood bed now. Ill have to change back to wood as wood is my trade. Apparently a few things involved in doing that if what im told is correct. Power brake booster also added. See the Super Custom label as one of you said and inside they list as Series C15/C1500. Thanks on all responses. Leaf spring next started to make some notes will post soon as i have time with some questions. My GLove Box says 506 Dark Olive and their info says 506 Spruce Green. Anyone have a colour photo of what the original seat would look like.
Attached Images

Last edited by Warren; 10-11-2019 at 01:00 AM.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:59 AM   #32
54blackhornet

It’s a shame USA built trucks don’t have the history available...
Old 10-14-2019, 12:36 AM   #33
69CST4x4SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54blackhornet View Post
It’s a shame USA built trucks don’t have the history available...
That would be awesome if it was!
Old 10-14-2019, 12:37 AM   #34
69CST4x4SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Ordered the Vehicle Package from GM Vintage.

Motor changed several owners back and see the box was also changed, as its not a wood bed now. Ill have to change back to wood as wood is my trade. Apparently a few things involved in doing that if what im told is correct. Power brake booster also added. See the Super Custom label as one of you said and inside they list as Series C15/C1500. Thanks on all responses. Leaf spring next started to make some notes will post soon as i have time with some questions. My GLove Box says 506 Dark Olive and their info says 506 Spruce Green. Anyone have a colour photo of what the original seat would look like.
Well done on the research there Warren!
Old 10-14-2019, 02:20 AM   #35
Warren

Left below is part of the cover page from the package they sent. Right the pages they supplied, first part is sales brochure stuff. Fair bit if info there. I will email the Vintage Division tomorrow and ask if there is any access to US info.
Attached Images

Last edited by Warren; 10-14-2019 at 10:47 AM.