The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-21-2013, 01:45 AM   #1
thepenguin99

Thoughts on this ebay blazer

Just noticed this one on ebay and it is local to me. I am hoping to go look at before the auction ends but wanted any feedback I could get based on the pictures in the ad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151121707660...7660&viewitem=
thepenguin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:13 AM   #2
Jdubs71

Re: Thoughts on this ebay blazer

It looks like an older restoration. Paint and interior need updating. Its far from a "$20,000" vehicle even with a new motor. I would be sure to look in all the usual areas for rust; under the doors, floors, rockers /boxes. Check around good to make sure there isnt bondo covered up by that old paint job. I would be cautious on spending that much money on something you can't hear run or drive. My worry would be the rest of the drive train if you cant drive it. A motor will be an additional 2-3k on top of your purchase price and if it needs a tranny thats another $500+. Its already at a price i would be hesitant on spending if I was buying from feebay and it didnt run. Just my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device

"Common sense is not so common"

My build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=555879
Jdubs71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:06 AM   #3
thepenguin99

Yea I am thinking it is probably a 10-12k blazer running so it definitely isn't a screaming deal even at the current bid price. The seats look like they are from a later blazer and the paint looks questionable. That, to me, is the big question mark. Paint/body is quite expensive and not something I can do myself. The motor and mechanical aspect of it doesn't scare me but it does effect price.
thepenguin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:02 AM   #4
tristan

I've been watching that auction also as the truck has some significant virtues: it's highly optioned, has had what looks like an older frame-off restoration and is a cool color combination. The bad news is that the motor is toast, there is no original documentation, some of the interior work makes me cringe and the price is swiftly approaching my indifference point. I am also growing suspicious of the bidding as the last few have been by buyers with 1 or 2 feedbacks which spooks me. I guess I'll continue to wait (like everyone else) for that low-mileage, high optioned/condition survivor to emerge from the dusty garage down the road.
tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:01 AM   #5
chuckmc8
It's alsways something.....

it prolly a nice $12.5K driver. So do the math: you would need an additional $2 to 2.5K to get it on the road and an additional $2k cushion for incidentals regardless of what the selling price is. So for me, the auction price would have to be in the $7.5 to $8k range
1968 C10 Black with red interior and orig paint. 5.3 / 4l60e,3:73 POSI 17" Torq Thrusts
1968 CST 514 Red with black interior. Buddy Buckets, Factory A/C, PS, PB- 20" AR custom shop TT, 5.3 and 4l60e
chuckmc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:02 AM   #6
notsolo

Buyer Beware...More than just a motor swap, No photo's of the body structure. Wiring is hacked up. Original interior is gone and who knows what else.?
notsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #7
Tom Vogel
2WD Jimmy

If I wanted a black 4X Blazer, Id go look at it for sure. But Id Never buy a vehicl sight unseen. Never.
Tom Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #8
patdaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsolo View Post
Buyer Beware...More than just a motor swap, No photo's of the body structure. Wiring is hacked up. Original interior is gone and who knows what else.?
Yep, and to top it off, has the door switch for a single wall top, while the top provided is a double wall with no mounting brackets.......

The dude claims good tires, but they sure look like a mis-matched set of beaters to me, especially drivers front where the tread is worn off the edge........

I dunno, bid is at 7800 right now, and I doubt I would go much higher even if I wanted a driver quality Blazer.......if your intention is to restore it to factory, then find another one.
patdaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #9
71swb4x4

I would definitely have someone check that Blazer out for you if you can't, before you bid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patdaly View Post
Yep, and to top it off, has the door switch for a single wall top, while the top provided is a double wall with no mounting brackets.......
I could be wrong, but the door switch could be for the under dash light that some blazers had.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #10
mgchevyparts

lOOKS GOOD BUT HE IS SCHILL BIDDING IT UP. GOOD DEAL AT IT'S CURRENT BID, MUCH MORE AND IT'S TOO MUCH.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #11
patdaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71swb4x4 View Post
I could be wrong, but the door switch could be for the under dash light that some blazers had.
Hadn't considered that, good point.

Also, as I look again, the hillbilly rubber hose from the fuel pump to the carb. gives me the willies, if they would do that, what else did they hack?
patdaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #12
Chulisohombre

5-7 k at most. I wouldn't waste money on it unless I knew the history. Not much on it looks original. Interior is kinda ugly to me. Would need to be gutted and gone through. I bought mine for two gs and it ran and moved. Just not much else. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Chulisohombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:25 AM   #13
tristan

It went for $10,200 so someone liked what they saw.
tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #14
Chulisohombre

I'm not surprised. A good rust free tub is a great start. But sight unseen I wouldn't put half that into a truck that doesn't run. Good luck to the new owner. Maybe they'll show up here needing help. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Chulisohombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #15
Jdubs71

I've seen a lot of cars and trucks on ebay that i would have loved to have bought, but something about it being an online buy what you see by the pics just doesen't sit right with me. I always assume that the seller is secretly bidding it up or having their buddies bid it up to see what they can get out of it. IMO auctions are a good place to pay more for something you could get much cheaper elsewhere.
Posted via Mobile Device

"Common sense is not so common"

My build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=555879
Jdubs71 is offline   Reply With Quote