The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Interviews and Articles

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-23-2011, 11:34 PM   #1
HuggerCST

Our Staff : HuggerCST

Truck Info
Manufacturer: Chevrolet

Year: 1970

Suspension type: Stock type coil spring.

Front Brakes: 1985 Chevrolet disc.

Modifications: Lowered 4" in the rear, 2.5" in front.

Rear Brakes: Stock type drum.

Steering: Stock power steering.

Front differential type / Gears: N/A

Rear differential type / Gears: Stock 12 bolt with 3:08 gears.

Tire and Wheel Size: Front- 17x8" with a 5" bs, 255/50/17 tires; Rear- 17x9.5" with a 5.5" bs, 275/50/17 Fuzion tires.

Body: Short fleet with CST trim.
Color Scheme: Hugger orange & white.

Bodyman: Me.

Modifications: Removed bowtie emblem from the hood, relocated gas tank under the bed, smoothed the old fuel neck hole and designed and built a custom fuel filler that is hidden behind the LR tail light. (hinged)

Paint Type: Dupont Chromapremier basecoat under Dupont Clearcoat.

Painter: Me.

Interior
Color: Sandalwood. (off white)

Material: Original style vinyl.

Upholsterer: Me.

Wiring: Stock original GM.

Modifications: None.

Steering wheel/Column: Original GM truck tilt with a old Corvette/Camaro style wood steering wheel.

Stereo/Speakers/Amps: Stock original GM AM/FM.

Air Conditioning: Stock GM A/C with R-12 freon.

Instrument Gauges: Stock GM gauges, tach & Vacuum gauge and speedwarning.

Engine
Cubic Inch: 350.

Manufacturer: GM

Camshaft: RV cam built for torque.

Cylinder heads: Stock original small valve GM.

Valve Covers: Stock original GM. (Soon to become polished aluminum)

Intake Manifold: Stock original GM 4 bbl.

Ignition System: GM HEI.

Exhaust type: Sanderson headers with Flowmaster 40 mufflers.

Carburetor or Fuel Injection: Stock GM Quadrajet.

Transmission
Automatic / Standard: Stock GM TH350. (Automatic)

Torque Converter: Stock.

Modifications: None.

Shifter type: Stock original column shift.

Drive Shaft: Stock original GM.

Biography
What is your name? Wynne Riser

Please share a few things about yourself. (Bio, family, background, hobbies, your favorite pizza topping, your favorite vacation spot, etc)
I'm 42 years old and have been a mechanic at Louisiana Tech University for 22 years. My hobby & side job is automotive bodywork & paint, and I am currently the president of Louisiana Classic Truck Club, which I helped get started a couple of years ago with friends and members here. I have a loving wife (Jennifer) that supports and helps me with my hobby as a old car & truck enthusiast. We met at the drag races in 1988 and were married in 1993 with racecars in the church parking lot. We now have two great boys ages 10 and 7 that keep us very busy. Our vacations usually consist of club or classic car/truck get togethers, but we also love to camp.

How long have you owned your truck? 11 years.

What made you decide to buy this truck? I always loved the body style and when I finally found a short bed CST I fell in love.

How do you store your truck, at home, garage, outside etc? Garage.

What do you enjoy about your truck the most? Driving it!

Who or what was your biggest influence in building your truck? My truck family on Josh's 67-72chevytrucks.com message board. (Thanks for keeping me motivated everybody)

What has been the biggest obstacle you have faced in working on your project? Time & money!

How did you/do you handle it? One part and one day at a time with no deadline.

What/who is you favorite/best part source? Kenny's trucks, Tim Christian.

What are some things have helped your project to be a success? Friends and info from this message board.

What is the history behind your truck? When I was younger my Dad drove a '70 Chevy swb that I liked, and my first vehicle was a old Chevy truck. The truck is also from this area, so it has been fun to show it to some of the previous owners.

What do you use your truck for? (hauling, cruising, daily driver,shows, drag racing, work truck, mudding etc): Cruising, going to shows.

What is your favorite memory with your truck? Driving 7 hours on my way to "Cruising the coast" in south Mississippi.

Whats your favorite modification done to truck and why? My fuel filler that's hidden behind the tail light. It's fun to watch people try to find where to put gas in it.

If you had one thing to do over on your build, what would it be and why? Big Block under the hood!

What are your future plans for your truck? Drive it! Maybe a big block, maybe a overdrive trans.

What words of advice do you have to people who are just starting out with their project? If you are like me and live on a budget without a pocket full of money, find a way to keep yourself motivated, because they always take more time, work, and money than you think.
Attached Images

53 Chevy shortbed
69 Camaro

Click here to subscribe
Chevy GMC International Truck Club Louisiana Charter Member
http://www.louisianaclassictruckclub.com

Last edited by HuggerCST; 03-23-2011 at 11:38 PM.
HuggerCST is offline   Reply With Quote