The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Interviews and Articles

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-29-2011, 10:07 AM   #1
gcburdic
Restoration Virgin!

Our Staff : gcburdic

Truck Info
Manufacturer: Chevrolet
Year: 1968
Body: C10 short bed
Suspension type: 2.5" drop spindles (stock coil)/ 4" drop spring
Front Brakes: Disc
Modifications: na
Rear Brakes: rebuilt drums
Steering: power
Rear differential type / Gears: GM 12 bolt 3:73 open
Tire and wheel size: 235/60 on 15x8 ralleys front and 275/60 on 15x10 ralleys out back

Body
Color Scheme: Sunburst Orange Metallic
Bodyman/ Painter: Scott Winfield, The Paint Shop, Winston-Salem NC

Interior
Color: black/ inset gray velour
Material: cloth/ vinyl
Wiring: Painless
Steering wheel/Column: Grant on a true truck tilt
Stereo/Speakers/Amps: aftermarket stero with kick panel speakers
Air Conditioning: No
Instrument Gauges: basic 3 holer
Modification: Added diamond plate in center of dash and added water temp/ voltmeter/ oil pressure

Engine
Cubic Inch: 350
Manufacturer: Chevrolet
Valve Covers: Short Edelbrocks
Intake Manifold: Edelbrock Performer
Ignition System: Stock HEI distributor
Exhaust type: 2.5 H-Pipe thru 40 series Flowmasters
Carburetor or Fuel Injection: Holley Carb

Transmission
Automatic / Standard: 400 turbo
Torque Converter: 2500 stall
Modifications: rebuilt by L&R Transmissions with mild Shift kit
Shifter type: Column Shift
Drive Shaft: 2 piece

Biography
What is your name? Geoff Burdick

Please share a few things about yourself. (Bio, family, background, hobbies, your favorite pizza topping, your favorite vacation spot, etc)
Married for over 5 years to a wonderful woman....been shag dancing for over 21 years....no kids, but practicing....not a huge pizza fan, but the meater the better.....Hawaii has gotten to be the best vacation spot I've ever been to!!!

How long have you owned your truck?
7 years

What made you decide to buy this truck? I wanted a pickup and my brother convinced me to buy an older one so I didn't have to worry about emmissions testing

How do you store your truck, at home, garage, outside etc? What do you enjoy about your truck the most?It's in the garage...That I built it with my brother and Dad!!!

Who or what was your biggest influence in building your truck? I have NEVER been into trucks until after I returned home from Chicago...my brother and Dad have always loved tinkering with them, so i thought this was a grand opportunity to get out in the garage and learn something

What has been the biggest obstacle you have faced in working on your project? How did you/do you handle it?It got caught in bodywork jail by a shady guy, had to goto court to get my truck back...took it to a very reputable body/ paint shop (The Paint Shop in Winston-Salem, NC) where they turned it around in 3 months!!!

What/who is you favorite/best part source? I used a little of everything on this one....LMC, The Truck Shop, CPP, Christian's Classics, this board

What are some things that have helped your project to be a success? This board, Dad, the Factory Assembly Manual, Brother,

What is the history behind your truck?Bought it for WAY too much money at a used car lot (lesson learned)

What do you use your truck for? (hauling, cruising, daily driver,shows, drag racing, work truck, mudding etc):Cruising and hauling sail boat fuel

What is your favorite memory with your truck?When we started it for the first in 2 years after the restoration

Whats your favorite modification done to truck and why?Lowering...love the stance

If you had one thing to do over on your build, what would it be and why?go lower, add posi, and add different wheels

What are your future plans for your truck? Add AC, new wheels, or possibly trade for a burb

What words of advice do you have to people who are just starting out with their project? I saw someone say it on here....These things take time, money, and patience...the lack of any of these will cause many headaches
Attached Images

Current Resto: 1966 Mustang-Mama's High School Graduation Present

Last edited by gcburdic; 03-29-2011 at 10:12 AM.
gcburdic is offline   Reply With Quote