The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-31-2017, 05:52 PM   #51
clarsen

Re: Window felt weatherstrip (beltline weatherstrip)

I have the same issue. Ordered the complete window kit (side and vent) from LMC. Everything went together fairly easy until i tried to roll up the window. There is another thread on the subject where someone spread the door frame inside the channel to create a taper. I think im going to give that a try on the other door to see if it works.
clarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 07:56 PM   #52
The Rocknrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by theastronaut View Post
I might be able to get the owner here to make a small batch of properly fitting inner/outer wipes within the next few weeks. They have a stainless bead that won't fade over time and we have jigs to properly shape them. ...
Me 23.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 01:04 AM   #53
Heater63

My 63, I just installed all Precision door rubber and fuzzies, I think I got from GMCPauls. the wiper fuzzies are all black, no stainless bead trim. They fit perfect, the curve end slides between the rear channel and door frame no problem, the clips snapped right in firmly, plenty of room for the glass. Piece of cake and a quality part.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:20 AM   #54
Heater63

Wait! I thought they were perfect, but just discovered the glass channel is hitting the outside fuzzy and binding up. Apollo, stand by while we work the problem....
Old 02-06-2017, 08:09 AM   #55
The Rocknrod

Precision makes a video of the install. They have the ends of the fuzzy's under the glass channel (at the latch end of the door):
https://youtu.be/eCixQ40GINo
Old 02-06-2017, 11:42 PM   #56
Heater63

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocknrod View Post
Precision makes a video of the install. They have the ends of the fuzzy's under the glass channel (at the latch end of the door):
https://youtu.be/eCixQ40GINo
Yes, correct, that's not the issue. The metal U "channel" that the glass sits in hits the outer fuzzy and stops the glass from being rolled all the way up. You can see it bind up and push the outer door skin outward under binding load.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:55 AM   #57
The Rocknrod

Post 6 and 17 here:
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=686833
And for the Mods by the way this should be in the FAQ section.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:06 PM   #58
chevy_mike
Never Ending Projects

Quote:
Post 6 and 17 here:
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=686833
And for the Mods by the way this should be in the FAQ section.
That link does not work.
1965 Chevy C10, Long, Fleetside, Hot Rod C10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=415702 SOLD

We were given two ears and one mouth for a reason... listen twice as much and speak half as often...
chevy_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 12:37 PM   #59
The Rocknrod

Well shoot, now I can't even find the link I posted above, but I did find other info:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd C. View Post
Gotta weigh in on this window sweeps discussion. I've been working on and off (mostly off) on a 66 C-10 "project" that my son purchased about five years ago. I've finally reached the final assembly stage and attempted to install the Brand-X sweeps that came with the truck. Experienced many of the same problems described by other members, ie: difficulty of installation, sweeps end up slightly too low, windows won't roll all the way up, etc, etc. Determined to solve this mystery, today I strolled in to All American Classics in Vancouver, WA looking for some help. I asked to look at their best quality sweeps to compare with the Brand-X sweep I had with me. BINGO! They showed me a set of "Repops" which had much sturdier clips that are also mounted lower on the sweep. This concurs with 64fleetside's theory, should result in the sweeps flushing out with the window sill and allow the window to roll all the way up. I plan to install the new sweeps tomorrow, so stay tuned. If any one is interested, these are manufactured in the USA by Montco Mfg of Mena, Arkansas and are marketed under the brand name "Repops". Part No. for 64-66 C-10 is CT160 I purchased mine at All American Classics of Vancouver, WA Ph #: (800) 955-4999
http://www.repops.com/product-search.cfm?kw=CT160
Old 02-07-2017, 05:33 PM   #60
forestb

Where did you quote this from and did he ever give an update on how they turned out?

Quote:
Well shoot, now I can't even find the link I posted above, but I did find other info:

forestb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 05:47 PM   #61
The Rocknrod

Okay, try this: http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=686833 Should be post #6 and 17.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:44 PM   #62
Metalaroundstone

Quote:
Okay, try this: http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=686833 Should be post #6 and 17.
I am the author of post #6 mentioned above, and although raising the glass higher in bottom u-channel helped, I am still not happy with the way the glass fits in the upper seals. Like the other folks who posted here, the bottom channel still hits the outside fuzzy and the window does not go high enough. I am interested to know if the Repops beltline weather stirps are the answer. I used Precision strips, and in addition to the problem of restricting the window from being rolled all the way up, half of the clips broke when pressing them into the slots. I had to cannibalize my original sweeps for replacement clips.
Metalaroundstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:20 AM   #63
The Rocknrod

Yes sir, I'm dreading getting to this stage.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:51 PM   #64
Heater63

Thank you fellow Texans. I am sidetracked with work for a few weeks, but will post a follow up when I get a chance to address this again. For now, I just popped the outer fuzzy out so it won't bind. I'm not driving the truck yet so it's not a big deal at the moment.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:25 PM   #65
'63GENIII

Quote:
Yes sir, I'm dreading getting to this stage.
And with good reason.

I just finished the passenger door on the '63. I used Precision rubber on the vent window, divider bar and the glass seal as well. All went in fine and fit well. The belt line seals are a bit more difficult though. They are a bit thicker (from the metal backing to the fuzz) and not as wide (from top to bottom) as the originals. In addition, they seem to sit almost 3/16 to 1/4" lower in the door than the originals. I think that it may be in part due to combined differences in the clips themselves and the narrower cross section.

I assembled the door with new weather stripping and left out the belt line stripping. I then tried rolling the window up and it went up all of the way into the upper glass channel. I then installed the belt strips and tried again. No go.

I did however get the window to roll all of the way up.

While the door was apart, I noticed that the regulator was worn among other parts. I was going to replace the manual regs but saw an opportunity to install power regulators (which I have wanted to do for a long time now). I went with the Nurelics set. With the door still off of the truck and my battery jumper pack connected to the power regulator, the window went up smoothly until the window channel hit the belt line. It forced through the belt line and seated in the upper window channel, closing completely.

I have only had the window up and down a few times so far (haven't finished the wiring) but it didn't seem to put much if any noticeable extra strain on the window motor and seemed as if the lower window channel spread the belt line stripping apart as it went up. I will see once Im using them more how everything holds up. It may just wear away some of the "fuzz" over repeated use or may end up snapping the clips off of the belt strips in which case Ill be back to square one.

I had thought of re lining the original belt striping (after I destroyed them on removal) with new felt or fuzz and wondered if anyone has done this or had thought about doing it?

The doors do close much better than before and the vent windows seal up nicely now. The window channels work great so far but the belt line weather stripping doesn't even come close to working right. Time will tell how they hold up.

'63 k15 long step
Vortec 7.4 - L29 Blackbear tune, Five 0 Motorsports injectors, Chris Straub Cam, NV4500, divorced 205
52" front and 63" rear spring swap
D44 / 14bff - disc axles
Milemarker 9K and 10.5K hydraulic winches

63" & B52 Spring Install http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ng+swap+thread

NV4500 Reverse Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=reverse+build

L29 - 7.4 Vortec Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...&highlight=L29
'63GENIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 03:01 PM   #66
andyh1956

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe some "LOOP" portion of some industrial strength Velcro?
andyh1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:45 PM   #67
shp4man

The window won't close completely because the bracket on the outside of the lower window frame (2 of them) hits on the new fuzzy. The solution is figure out where those two brackets hit and grind the new outside only Chinese fuzzy so the window will close. The clips are so cheap that you can't take it off and on too many times or it breaks.
Good luck. Love that Chinese stuff!
Old 05-12-2017, 04:04 PM   #68
The Rocknrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by shp4man View Post
The window won't close completely because the bracket on the outside of the lower window frame (2 of them) hits on the new fuzzy. The solution is figure out where those two brackets hit and grind the new outside only Chinese fuzzy so the window will close. The clips are so cheap that you can't take it off and on too many times or it breaks.
Good luck. Love that Chinese stuff!
It may be Chinese made but someone in the states is engineering them incorrectly. You can have anything made incorrectly anywhere in the world.
That someone (I will not name companies here) puts a year make on a part and that part is sold all over the country. Just so happens we have a forum to vent on.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:22 PM   #69
RBW

I see our problems with window felt continue on. I'm getting ever closer to the door and window sealing part of my project. Sure was hoping to see a solution by now.
RBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:27 PM   #70
chevylookin

I have the same issue on my 64. The remanufactured fuzzies I installed on mine have the chrome strip but are 1/8" below the window line and I have to force the window crank to get the window in the full up position which puts pressure and bulges the door skin. I suppose after a few to many repeats of this would eventually put stress cracks in the metal somewhere. I am sure these window fuzzies are being manufactured as a one size fits all and they just cut and bend the stuff and pop in the clips/ sell it as a kit for whatever vehicle application. At this point, it looks like our only options are 1.Locate/ purchase NOS set or 2. drill/screw method or 3. develop/manufacture and sell your own correct sets and become fabulously wealthy as I would be in the market for a good set as so many of us are.
chevylookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:08 PM   #71
reed62

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsb29 View Post
I got a complete set from brothers no issues got a set of fuzzy's from LMC for something else and they suck, im sending them back and ordering from brothers
I agree....the LMC fuzzies are pretty crappy and the clips are way cheaper and low quality. I ended up slightly bending the lower edges of the door where they attach away from the window opening....this helped angle the bottom edges of the fuzzies away from the glass. I still have to give the window crank a little more oomph at the very top in order for it to close all the way, but it is far better than it was before I did my bending.
reed62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 04:39 PM   #72
Chevystep

Trying to revive this beltline weatherstrip thread. Recently picked up some free samples of beltline weatherstrip from Rubber the Right Way website.
https://www.rubbertherightway.com/wi...s-9418-ctg.htm
Selected these examples to see if they would somehow work for our window sweeps. Here’s some picts of the profiles I picked out, trying to get something with a little overlap over the window opening outer edge as well as enough “length” to be able to fasten them to the window thru the existing clip slots or even newly drilled ones. Be nice to actually have an outer with rubber/felt to squeegee the window on the way down and an inner to give some anti rattle support. Take a look and maybe come up with some ideas for attachment? The first 3 profiles are kind of short on the door edge face, while the last two are longer, and could reach the original clip slots, but the sweep is pretty long into the window slot.
Attached Images

Chevystep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 04:41 PM   #73
Chevystep

And here’s the last one on the outside edge...

Maybe they can be “bolted” in with black nylon screws/bolts? The heads on the inside against the weatherstrip, and wouldn’t mar the glass or even touch it that much?
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2018, 06:18 PM   #74
andyh1956

Quote:

Has nobody tried these since the author of the post said they fit well & functioned properly?
andyh1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:25 PM   #75
Chevystep

Quote:
It may be Chinese made but someone in the states is engineering them incorrectly. You can have anything made incorrectly anywhere in the world.
I tend to agree with this post, whether they are repops, LMC, brothers, Steele or precision rubber....they seem to be the same product using the same useless one time only clips....and they don't do anything to clean the glass on the way up or down....What is currently sold should probably be labeled anti rattle strips...