The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-20-2018, 09:19 AM   #301
DosLocos

Re: Post a real Cheyenne Super only (aka the defiinitive Cheyenne Super thread)!

Guess I better post this here, as it seemed to get some attention on the craigslist thread. Owners were father, son , me. Had a camper on it almost
it's whole life. Respray blue at some point. 95K miles.
Attached Images

DosLocos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:43 AM   #302
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Re: Post a real Cheyenne Super only (aka the defiinitive Cheyenne Super thread)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyland View Post
Don’t see this combo around much
Curious whats happening with this truck. If its being restored could you post some pics.

Ive always hated long steppers, my brother has a 65 and I used to give him grief about it all the time. But then here on the board some long step 67-72 4x4s were showing up that I really liked. And then some 2x4's that were really cool ... funny how tastes change =)

I think this long step would look very cool restored exactly as it sits in the pictures, even with the front spare, and especially the can on the step. But I know everyone would think this is weird, I would get rid of the buckets and put in a bench. I would love to have found that one.
Attached Images

CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:26 PM   #303
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by DosLocos View Post
Guess I better post this here, as it seemed to get some attention on the craigslist thread. Owners were father, son , me. Had a camper on it almost
Thanks for posting and I see the ad is down on Craigslist. Has it sold?

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 01:14 PM   #304
DosLocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
yes, I purchased it from the guy that had it on cl.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:06 PM   #305
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
I thought you were the seller. Well congrats then. Looks like you got a great truck at a decent price.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

Old 11-20-2018, 08:23 PM   #306
724wd

Had a custom deluxe in the light green/white 40 years ago, wish I had it still! A lot of great memories. This is the one now, making memories with the grand kids. I guess I want you standing on your head to see the spid. 1/2 hour was long enough trying to rotate the pic. haha
Attached Images

724wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:07 PM   #307
jocko

flip for ya. nice truck.
Attached Images

jocko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 10:47 PM   #308
724wd

Thx. for the flip! Need to find the tailgate stainless handle for it now that I have been educated from this thread. Does anyone know if someone makes an after market handle? Or perhaps an original.
724wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 11:41 PM   #309
jocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by DosLocos View Post
Congrats, I think you got a great deal on a real nice truck!
Old 11-20-2018, 11:43 PM   #310
jocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724wd View Post
Thx. for the flip! Need to find the tailgate stainless handle for it now that I have been educated from this thread. Does anyone know if someone makes an after market handle? Or perhaps an original.
Not aware of anyone that sells the 72 bright tailgate handle sleeve aftermarket - but a few places sell the 71-only chrome handle (LMC, for example - but I think it's just a chromed assembly, not a chrome handle only). Might be worth becoming a member and posting a wtb ad on the parts forum. The 72 Super sleeve is not a common part and your best bet is to find someone parting a trashed 72 Super or hoarding rare parts
Old 11-21-2018, 09:00 AM   #311
DosLocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
Congrats, I think you got a great deal on a real nice truck!
Thanks Jocko,
It is the best preserved one I have had yet. I did have to remove that custom spare tire holder...
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2018, 03:11 PM   #312
Slider72

New member to the forum here. I am enjoying reading about all of the Super's. I am the new proud owner of a 1972 Cheyenne Super 10. It is a project, but I did drive it 3 hours home, so I guess that's not bad.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xs...txtIL0EzGeeg1M
Slider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 10:35 PM   #313
jocko

Welcome slider - I see one nose pic at the link, are there more? you can also post them directly on here (5 per single post max) by clicking "Post Reply" (or "Go Advanced" if you're in the Quick Reply dialog box) and then clicking on the paper clip icon. It will bring up a menu to allow you to browse and select up to 5 pics, then upload, then close, then finish your post in the box you started in. Would love to see a picture of the SPID! (and the rest of the truck ) Welcome!
Old 11-27-2018, 11:39 PM   #314
Chevyland

Attached Images

Chevyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 11:58 PM   #315
Chevyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Curious whats happening with this truck. If its being restored could you post some pics.

Ive always hated long steppers, my brother has a 65 and I used to give him grief about it all the time. But then here on the board some long step 67-72 4x4s were showing up that I really liked. And then some 2x4's that were really cool ... funny how tastes change =)

I think this long step would look very cool restored exactly as it sits in the pictures, even with the front spare, and especially the can on the step. But I know everyone would think this is weird, I would get rid of the buckets and put in a bench. I would love to have found that one.
Here it is
I just buffed it out
Still need to get it road worthy
Have no intentions of restoring it at this time
I, too like odd ball trucks
And to me this is the rarest, funkiest, ugliest, coolest truck
I have ever found
It is a true time capsule
Attached Images

Chevyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 12:10 AM   #316
jocko

that thing is just awesome Eric! Looks great all purdied up.
Old 11-29-2018, 07:59 PM   #317
Jacobturner161@gmail

I own a 72 cheyenne super
Jacobturner161@gmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 12:48 PM   #318
jocko

Welcome to the forum jacob. Post a pic of it when you can! And the SPID (the sheet pasted inside the glovebox door). TO post pics, either click "post reply" to get to the main post dialog box, or click "go advanced" if you happen to be typing in the quick dialog box at the bottom of the page. Then just click on the paper clip and attach up to 5 pics per post. Looking forward to seeing it.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:43 PM   #319
flyboyjack

Well, hot diggity,....I got linked over to this thread. Turns out I guess I shoulda bought a lottery ticket last month when I got this from an 18 year hiatus in a barn! I've always loved these trucks,... wife would never let me get one,... my son-in-law convinced her to let me get one. Anyway, I have all the actual documentation from the original sale, (invoice, bill of sale, etc..), up to now. (Or so I thought,...I'm starting to wonder if the herringbone seats are newer, but the SBC is original, as is everything else I can see, (I think).

I'm planning on either an HEI or Pertronics just for more reliability. Any ideas or recommendations? Also, will I get much grief if I install Vintage Air in it? Honest, at this point, that's all I'm planning,...…….

flyboyjack
Attached Images

flyboyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:08 PM   #320
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Welcome to the boards and you have a real nice truck and looks like a great find. The RPO Code for a Cheyenne Super is YE9 and your RPO Code shows Z84 which is a Cheyenne. Now 1971 was the first year for the Cheyenne Super so maybe yours is one of the first Supers and they hadn't changed the RPO Code yet. Dont know for sure but I'm sure you will get more comments .
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2018, 10:41 PM   #321
Shinysideup

Quote:
Welcome to the boards and you have a real nice truck and looks like a great find. The RPO Code for a Cheyenne Super is YE9 and your RPO Code shows Z84 which is a Cheyenne. Now 1971 was the first year for the Cheyenne Super so maybe yours is one of the first Supers and they hadn't changed the RPO Code yet. Dont know for sure but I'm sure you will get more comments .
Look again! YE9
. [_____(O)_|_'|__}>-------[-_(O)__i'___i (O)-]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 P.O.S. View Post
No thank you on that lifetime warranty. I don't want a turd for life.
Shinysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:44 PM   #322
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinysideup View Post
Look again! YE9
Missed that but have seen it before with both RPO Codes on the spid.

Old 12-12-2018, 11:15 PM   #323
flyboyjack

So,... you guys OK if I claim ownership of a "super"? I'm still a little confused?

flyboyjack
flyboyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:17 PM   #324
jocko

You have a Cheyenne Super. Sometimes, very rarely, YE9 and Z84 (one step down) were both listed - but the highest listed wins. If there's a YE9 anywhere on there, it's a legit Super. Claim away. Nice truck!
Old 12-12-2018, 11:18 PM   #325
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyjack View Post
So,... you guys OK if I claim ownership of a "super"? I'm still a little confused?

flyboyjack
Who cares what others think? That’s a nice truck! Welcome to the board.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote