The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-11-2016, 09:31 PM   #1
GR8-68

Question Anyone used this air ride kit ?

Just checking to see if ayone has used this kit ? If so any feedback on it ? Thinking about going to air bags but not real familiar with the cost if this is about cost for this kit or not

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AirMaxx-1963...3D122169908918

It is easily overlooked that what is now called vintage was once brand new.

"Project 68"

paypal.me/ldgrant
GR8-68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:56 PM   #2
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Re: Anyone used this air ride kit ?

Research Chassis Tech.
Same company as Aim, or AirBagIt.com
I would not use any of their stuff.
I'll let you do your own research

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:58 PM   #3
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Use the board vendors.
Like ProPerformance.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 12:08 AM   #4
bbbc10
Diggin The SquareLife

STAY AWAY FROM CHASSIS TECH!! BAD BAD COMPANY!!!! go wth board vendors or azproperformance.com
bbbc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 02:36 AM   #5
andrewmp6

Their airbags are cheap knock offs their valves are known for being crap.I would not spend a penny on anything they put their name on.Look around http://www.azproperformance.com/home.php
and http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/f...play.php?f=210
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 07:35 AM   #6
GR8-68

This is why I asked first because I do not have a clue who or what to buy, I am just looking for a reasonable budget kit with a reputable vendor.

"Project 68"

paypal.me/ldgrant
Old 12-12-2016, 08:17 AM   #7
andrewmp6

Cheapest i would use is http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=655935 or post number 3 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=723028 that guy is travis he runs the az pro performance link i gave you,Hes a well trusted vendor knows his still and carries anything you can dream of to bag a truck.
Old 12-12-2016, 06:33 PM   #8
Pro Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8-68 View Post
Just checking to see if ayone has used this kit ? If so any feedback on it ? Thinking about going to air bags but not real familiar with the cost if this is about cost for this kit or not

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AirMaxx-1963...3D122169908918
Be glad to help you with air bagging your truck, and can put together a kit specific to your needs, if one our existing ones doesn't meet it. Give me a call, email or PM any time. Let me know what you are currently working with, and can go from there.

Travis
travis@azproperformance.com
480-420-8175
Pro Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 09:05 PM   #9
GR8-68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Performance View Post
Be glad to help you with air bagging your truck, and can put together a kit specific to your needs, if one our existing ones doesn't meet it. Give me a call, email or PM any time. Let me know what you are currently working with, and can go from there.

Travis
travis@azproperformance.com
480-420-8175
Thank you all for your advice and thank you Travis for taking the time to view my thread, I have sent you an email

"Project 68"

paypal.me/ldgrant
Old 12-16-2016, 09:13 PM   #10
Overdriven

My truck came with an Airbagit kit installed and the eBay link GR8-68 posted looks the same as mine. Compressor is shot, check valve on it shot and currently have that stuff bypassed and a shrader to fill the tank so I can drive it. One of the valves likes to stick and the system is supposedly 3 years old.

Also of note about the kit, or at least how it's installed in my truck. According to the gauges 60-65psi front and 30-35psi rear gives a nice ride and keeps it off the stock bump stops over bumps. But this isn't dramatically lower than stock ride height (maybe 2" lower) judging by axle to rocker location in pics I see online. If you want to go lower, the lower rear bag mount is a spacer that's about 3" tall that's gotta go and you need drop spindles. The kit doesn't include new bump stops that's why the previous owner probably left the stockers. I'm concerned about having the plates of the bags touch when laid out, the stock bump stops appear to barely prevent that so I've left them. Plus I plan on ditching this kit for a static drop before the spring anyway. Eventually I might try to make a helper system for the rear out of it but other than that it's worthless to me and I advise finding something better.

Last edited by Overdriven; 12-16-2016 at 09:18 PM.
Overdriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 07:30 AM   #11
GR8-68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdriven View Post
My truck came with an Airbagit kit installed and the eBay link GR8-68 posted looks the same as mine. Compressor is shot, check valve on it shot and currently have that stuff bypassed and a shrader to fill the tank so I can drive it. One of the valves likes to stick and the system is supposedly 3 years old.

Also of note about the kit, or at least how it's installed in my truck. According to the gauges 60-65psi front and 30-35psi rear gives a nice ride and keeps it off the stock bump stops over bumps. But this isn't dramatically lower than stock ride height (maybe 2" lower) judging by axle to rocker location in pics I see online. If you want to go lower, the lower rear bag mount is a spacer that's about 3" tall that's gotta go and you need drop spindles. The kit doesn't include new bump stops that's why the previous owner probably left the stockers. I'm concerned about having the plates of the bags touch when laid out, the stock bump stops appear to barely prevent that so I've left them. Plus I plan on ditching this kit for a static drop before the spring anyway. Eventually I might try to make a helper system for the rear out of it but other than that it's worthless to me and I advise finding something better.
Thanks for the feedback Overdriven, I have pretty much seen all feedback is not positive for this kit, I may just stick with the static drop myself, it is what I know.

"Project 68"

paypal.me/ldgrant
Old 12-24-2016, 09:42 PM   #12
andrewmp6

Overdriven your not the first person with problems from their junk,A forum member a few years back bought one of their valve systems,He installed it one valve leaked he talked to them for help.They told him that system is too old and they have no info to help he on it.He just bought it weeks before and they nicely told him to kick rocks.Crappy parts and worse customer support i have no idea how they stay open.
Old 12-25-2016, 01:09 AM   #13
Overdriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8-68 View Post
Thanks for the feedback Overdriven, I have pretty much seen all feedback is not positive for this kit, I may just stick with the static drop myself, it is what I know.
No problem. I'm pretty much in the same boat. I know static. Going through and redoing lines (rubber lines through holes with no grommets and zip ties everywhere doesn't cut it for me), replacing the valves and fab'ing new bag mounts just doesn't seem worth it. Especially without knowing how good the bags are and I really don't want to find out the hard way. A completely new air ride is also more expensive than a suspension rebuild (needs to be done on my truck) with a mild static drop. Plus I really don't want to think about what new valves and compressor will go through mounted under the bed as I don't want to keep the box in the bed that currently houses the air ride stuff. The ride is nice though, hoping I won't be giving too much of that up going static.
Overdriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 08:15 PM   #14
andrewmp6

I would be scared to even use their airbags they are china knock offs and name brand ones.