The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-14-2018, 01:43 PM   #1
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Issues at Weld Racing Wheels?

This is probably biased towards the racing guys, but has anyone had any luck getting products from Weld? This is longwinded, as I usually am.

A little background; Weld is a racing wheel company that specialized in cast aluminum racing wheels..and a big player in the racing world. You've all seen a ton of cars with the ubiquitous 5-spoke frontrunners, a classic Weld style.

Semi-recently, they made a large purchase of 3 other racing wheel companies, including another high $$ player called CCW (Billet racing and sportscar wheels). When this happened, their lead times on all products slowed way down. Lead times on wheels went from In-Stock, to a few weeks, to months.

Currently most of the larger retailers won't give an estimated ship date, or give a date over a month out, which gets frequently pushed. The last attempt I had to put in an order, they refused preorder.

People that ordered in January weren't receiving products until march-april, and some waited even longer or had orders cancelled.

So for the sake of discussion, does anyone have insight into this? Anyone succesfully ordered from Weld, CCW or any of their subsidiary companies and actually had the order work?

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:46 PM   #2
scottcleaver

Re: Issues at Weld Racing Wheels?

I noticed the Weld slow down issue almost a year and a half ago.
scottcleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:46 PM   #3
ratrod67

Ordered directly from Weld twice with custom backspacing so they had to be made. Both times the dates given to me were not met. When the wheels finally got to me they were perfect so I was at least grateful for that.
Attached Images

ratrod67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:49 PM   #4
The Rocknrod

I'd ask for my money back, I'm so tired of being BS'd. Who knows why they have issues, has anyone actually seen a weld wheel manufacturing facility?
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 01:48 PM   #5
Low Elco

I have, used to work in the old one. Meanest scene you've ever seen. That place has been a CF since way back in the day. Best of luck.
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote