The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #676
cyclefreak207

Re: 3r!c84 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3r!c84 View Post
I'm a kawi Guy for life. Was info dirtbikes when I was young. Always kawi . This is a 2007 zx6r they got rid of the 636 engine in 06 and this has the 600cc still out powers all the other makers in the 600 class. Love this thing!
Posted via Mobile Device
Love the 636's, I prefer the 03-04 to the 05-06 just because of that bubble tail... I feel like it pushes my feet too far doing seat standers. I forgot what that "power" feels like though, I'm up +13 teeth on my back sprocket, so I top out somewhere around 130 now :/

I don't always downshift when I want to change lanes... But when I do, I make sure it's next to a prius so they know I'm hurting the environment!
cyclefreak207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #677
cyclefreak207

I just wish they would have made the frame stronger :/ Everyone I know, including myself has cracked a frame at the ear where the motor mount is. And I recently scraped 12 on the street the other day (I usually never scrape on the street, too far past balance point for my comfort) and I cracked my subframe, one of the 4 mounting points where it bolts to upper end of the frame.

I don't always downshift when I want to change lanes... But when I do, I make sure it's next to a prius so they know I'm hurting the environment!
Old 06-27-2013, 03:29 PM   #678
3r!c84
Badass

Ouch! That's badass stunts. I'm not about that really lol a few power wheelies here and there . But I was thinking of doing the -1/+2 sprocket change. Or should I go more ?
Posted via Mobile Device

drop a gear and disappear!

1/4:13:90
3r!c84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #679
cyclefreak207

Quote:
Ouch! That's badass stunts. I'm not about that really lol a few power wheelies here and there . But I was thinking of doing the -1/+2 sprocket change. Or should I go more ?
Posted via Mobile Device
some people swear by the -1 in the front since it's like 3+ in the back, but I don't like how tight the chain turns going down 1 in the front... I just wouldn't feel comfortable with the angle that it has to make, I went from a 40 to a 50, and it was good as a highway sprocket, I could still clutch up in 3rd gear (bike hasn't been running right in a while though) went to a 53, and rebuilt my motor, and I could clutch up sitdowns in 4th at like 60 mph. before my crank sensor failed and threw me over the bars on I20 east lol.

For just street riding you'll gain a little acceleration going up like 3 in the back. you'll probably have to add 2 links, and slide your wheel in a little.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:39 PM   #680
3r!c84
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclefreak207 View Post
some people swear by the -1 in the front since it's like 3+ in the back, but I don't like how tight the chain turns going down 1 in the front... I just wouldn't feel comfortable with the angle that it has to make, I went from a 40 to a 50, and it was good as a highway sprocket, I could still clutch up in 3rd gear (bike hasn't been running right in a while though) went to a 53, and rebuilt my motor, and I could clutch up sitdowns in 4th at like 60 mph. before my crank sensor failed and threw me over the bars on I20 east lol.

For just street riding you'll gain a little acceleration going up like 3 in the back. you'll probably have to add 2 links, and slide your wheel in a little.
I did bmx for the longest and would change to 25/9 tooth talk about chain bending lol but a lot less power going to it... I just want a little more acceleration and still keep my highway driving ability.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old 06-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #681
cyclefreak207

Quote:
I did bmx for the longest and would change to 25/9 tooth talk about chain bending lol but a lot less power going to it... I just want a little more acceleration and still keep my highway driving ability.
Posted via Mobile Device
HAHAHA, I ran the same gearing on my FBM! Howler frame, Demolition bars, Eastern niner hubs/rims, profile cranks.

I would say just go up 3 in the back to get little extra UMPH for acceleration. Hopefully I'll be getting my sensors and have the stunt piece back for some street murder this week :p

Old 06-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #682
chevybuilder18

Quote:
i havent drove the truck in at least 2 months. just gets put to the side for car shows and such. but its a blast to drive and still gets a lot of looks
gas to expensive for it to be a DD? Just went to EFI with mine, it should get better gas mileage, with a 4L80E it should defitnatley on the highway cause i got 4.11s in the rear, it sucked the gas like 5 mpg hwy! thats when i had a carb on it though. and a th350. To bad your wanting to get rid of your sqaure!
chevybuilder18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:43 PM   #683
3r!c84
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclefreak207 View Post
HAHAHA, I ran the same gearing on my FBM! Howler frame, Demolition bars, Eastern niner hubs/rims, profile cranks.

I would say just go up 3 in the back to get little extra UMPH for acceleration. Hopefully I'll be getting my sensors and have the stunt piece back for some street murder this week :p
se pk ripper xxl , profile carbon forks, was my racing bmx bike. my other was an eastern frame. profile cromoly forks,and cranks, stolen head set and bars and sproket. still got this one lol it sits

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybuilder18 View Post
gas to expensive for it to be a DD? Just went to EFI with mine, it should get better gas mileage, with a 4L80E it should defitnatley on the highway cause i got 4.11s in the rear, it sucked the gas like 5 mpg hwy! thats when i had a carb on it though. and a th350. To bad your wanting to get rid of your sqaure!
ive got my daily saturn i drive (could post a pic of it) just busy with work and school to drive the truck. would kill me in gas being school is 60miles in each direction . and not rushing to get rid of the truck. took my cl ad down going to hold off. got some cool offers but not really what i was looking for yet. time will tell

Old 06-29-2013, 11:11 PM   #684
Claytona08

Hey man looked through your thread and your truck is awesome!
Posted via Mobile Device

http://youtu.be/JYoQJYTXKqI

1984 Chevrolet Scottsdale C10 "Project Platinum C10"
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle "Project Car"
Claytona08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #685
chevybuilder18

Quote:
se pk ripper xxl , profile carbon forks, was my racing bmx bike. my other was an eastern frame. profile cromoly forks,and cranks, stolen head set and bars and sproket. still got this one lol it sits
Easterns are pretty expensive Bmxs, 500 dollar bike... also the mini sprockets on those were pretty wicked looking

Quote:
ive got my daily saturn i drive (could post a pic of it) just busy with work and school to drive the truck. would kill me in gas being school is 60miles in each direction . and not rushing to get rid of the truck. took my cl ad down going to hold off. got some cool offers but not really what i was looking for yet. time will tell
whoa! i guess your gonna hang on a little longer
Old 06-30-2013, 11:18 PM   #686
3r!c84
Badass

as promised . here is my dailey. 2000 saturn sl1 5speed. put about 140 miles a day. from work to school then come.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:28 PM   #687
chevybuilder18

Quote:
as promised . here is my dailey. 2000 saturn sl1 5speed. put about 140 miles a day. from work to school then come.

not bad at all. and to top it off, its still a GM product.. I like the rims, and paint, it takes it away from the bulky looking grocery getter sterio typical looking saturns ive seen... it looks wicked
Old 07-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #688
3r!c84
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybuilder18 View Post
not bad at all. and to top it off, its still a GM product.. I like the rims, and paint, it takes it away from the bulky looking grocery getter sterio typical looking saturns ive seen... it looks wicked
Thankyou! And never seen a lowered Saturn before. They don't make any lowering parts. So its all on Honda civic coilovers Hand made to fit. its like a gokart and gets 40mpg so ill keep it around lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Old 07-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #689
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Thankyou! And never seen a lowered Saturn before. They don't make any lowering parts. So its all on Honda civic coilovers Hand made to fit. its like a gokart and gets 40mpg so ill keep it around lol
Posted via Mobile Device
well honda makes good motorcycles, which i love there motorcycles more than a BMW one, but its just plain embarrising to try and make a small compact honda a race car... no offence to any that own one if your concerned of fuel economy then your obviously to shy to go to the pump with that little bitty honda.. me, 18 to now has never hesitated to break the change jar just to cruise across town, in my 1989 lincoln town car that weighed 5500 pounds alone, and still managed to do it even if it was on E.. mind you it had steelie cragars all the way around and a 302 with 3.40s in the back.. its smart, and simple to have change for gas especially these days. in this case work school and home for is just crazy man! id get some jet lag traveling 160 miles. couldnt imagine that every day. hope she holds up to those. forgot to mention the Lincoln i spoke of had straight pipes aimed directly out the sides sounded wicked