The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-09-2014, 09:44 AM   #26
midniteblues

Re: Extra Bolster for Buddy Buckets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombiePopper View Post
Hey anyone know off hand what years dodge used those seats?
Thanks
I dont know what years they were available but i have seen them in dodges around the 75-79 models i dont know if they were retro fitted in these trucks i saw though.

i look for the old metal dodge grills in the jy they could've had the seats i think any of'em with the plastic grills didnt have'm.

a few months ago i spotted a set in a holding yard at a local jy haveing no idea when the truck would make it too the picking yard(they wouldnt tell me either) i waited two months too go back. the truck i saw the seats were allready gone but i found these two others there.

i have no plans for these seats yet as i allready have a nice set of bb black seats
'74 heald super bronc vt8. tecumseh powered moon rover.
midniteblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:21 PM   #27
Frizzle Fry

Re: Extra Bolster for Buddy Buckets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
any foam and fabric store will have many different densities of foam in block form , just buy a 3'' thick firm block say maybe 4'x4' should cost less than $15.00 to cut it to size you can buy any electric carving knife from walmart for $8.00 to rough it out then use a 90 degree angle grinder and a roloc scotch brite 2inch pad to fine tune your bolsters , you want to use a commercial grade contact cement (glue ) ace hardware sells it in quarts /gallons it's called weldwood contact adhesive and you want to use the landau top grade about $30.00 a gallon you don't need more than a quart at the very most (vinyl top ) grade you can spray it thru any cheap /harbor freight spray gun at 75-90 psi /Or brush it on .If you can't find that any home depot CONTACT grade laminate(counter top ) adhesive will work as long as you allow flash time before attaching pieces . once your happy with your bolsters spray each side of the ajoining foam and WAIT 3-5 MINUTES then set in place and once attached you can fine tune them using the angle grinder , make them all match and take it to Scottie's and let him cover them ! Ask about Allante vinyl looks like leather ,feels like leather, never cracks /fades/or shrinks And if he wants to charge too much send them to me and I will reupholster them for the cost of materials and shipping !I'm retired I already made my money !
Grumpy I can't thank you enough for sharing your knowledge. I will make an attempt at doing the foam myself! Wish you were my neighbor
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombiePopper View Post
Thanks Fry and K!
Just looked up the D-Series on Wikipedia. 1st Gen was 61-64. 2nd gen was 65-71. So I'd be searching for 61-71 at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 supersport View Post
Will the seat covers from the Chevy seats fit on the dodge seats?
I'm thinking 99% yes. The foams on the bottom of the Chevy and Dodge BB's both say GM-22.
Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteblues View Post
I dont know what years they were available but i have seen them in dodges around the 75-79 models i dont know if they were retro fitted in these trucks i saw though.

i look for the old metal dodge grills in the jy they could've had the seats i think any of'em with the plastic grills didnt have'm.

a few months ago i spotted a set in a holding yard at a local jy haveing no idea when the truck would make it too the picking yard(they wouldnt tell me either) i waited two months too go back. the truck i saw the seats were allready gone but i found these two others there.

i have no plans for these seats yet as i allready have a nice set of bb black seats
I went through a small BB obsession a few years ago and ended up with three sets; two chevy, one dodge
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote