The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-29-2019, 10:59 PM   #1
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Another project

Went and picked this up off Face book tonight. $50.00 not bad price. He was asking $75.00!

Going to add fat tires to it and cut the forks off rake it add a support tube for strength. It has the base across the rear, so I plan to make a seat for my grand son so he can ride too.
I'll add disc brakes also to the front and one of the rear wheels maybe both. The rear axles are split and only the left wheel pulls I guess for turning better.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 07:48 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: Another project

I almost bought a Schwinn trike (26" wheels) at Fall Carlisle a guy had fixed up pretty cool. I decided it would take up too much space, so pushed it out of my mind. Perfect swap meet vehicle, though. Enjoy it with your grandson!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:57 AM   #3
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: Another project

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I almost bought a Schwinn trike (26" wheels) at Fall Carlisle a guy had fixed up pretty cool. I decided it would take up too much space, so pushed it out of my mind. Perfect swap meet vehicle, though. Enjoy it with your grandson!
Tim,
this bike will be added to the ramp truck load. I've been waiting on a good buy on a three wheeler for a while now. I have a idea in my head for it and hope to put it on wheels. I have the fork extensions the rear and front wheels & tires. I hope I can make it into a cool car show ride.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:07 PM   #4
special-K
Special Order

I'm sure it will be very cool. I think they are a great idea. Years ago there was a house with a ton of bicycles sitting around and one really stood out. I wanted to stop buy to see if I could buy it. It was a tandem 3-wheeler. That just screamed fun! A couple buddies peddlin' around the show/swap meet at .05 mph with no worries of falling over... unless both of you forget you are on it and lean really far over . The reason I passed on that one this fall is because I vend at the swap meets and space for what I'm selling takes priority. Also would get all banged and scratched up piled in with everything. I do have a bike I bring when there's room, though

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 06:50 PM   #5
Redneck Rydes

Retirement is great, isn't it����
Redneck Rydes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:44 PM   #6
Andy4639
Old member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck Rydes View Post
Retirement is great, isn't it����
So far it has been great!

The steering wheel is all welded up for the 67 C 10.
So I started on the bike. I got a little done before it got dark and cold again. Got the rear axles out and the bearings. I cleaned up the bearings to re use. I need longer axles rods for the fat tires though. So tomorrow I'll go hunt for rod long enough to make my 2 axles. I'll also need 2 more bearings which Tractor supply has I'm pretty sure. Aslo need the axle keepers which I'm not sure of the right name of them. They go on the end of the axles and hold it in place with a set screw.
The wheel is just laying inside the tube with the old axle.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 01-31-2019, 09:13 PM   #7
Andy4639
Old member

Had a good day on the bike. Got up early 8am and headed over to Tractor supply bought 5/8 steel rod and to shaft locks and 2 5/8 bearing. They had everything I wanted.
Came home welded the wheels axles up and the axle collar to the spocket got it all together and got the tires mounted.

Now to get the front forks built to handle another fat front tire with disc brakes.
I have enough tubing left to make 40" forks for it.
I have to get the seat in a better position and find some kind of jump seat for my grand son so he can ride with me. Once I have everything built I'll sand it down and paint it.

Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 02-01-2019, 08:51 PM   #8
Andy4639
Old member

I got a bit done today after baby sitting Rhett and went and picked up another stingray bike for $20.00.
If you have a old stingray and want to get rid of it hollar at me.
I'm going with the yellow fat rim because it has the disc already mounted and all I have to do is mount the brakes once I have everything lined up.
Got to go get some bushings for the springer front end and make the springs up. Cut the head off the bike and rake it out and then add reinforcement tubes to keep it from falling a part. I chopped up a old bike frame today for that.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 02-02-2019, 09:22 PM   #9
Andy4639
Old member

Long day but I got a little more done. Forks built and bolted to the head unit. Leveled the bike to see how much rake and support it will need.
I had to go to NC today and pick up another project that I bought.
I own a Ford now! I never thought I'd hear myself say that but I did it. I'm happy with it to. It's a one off that a good friend built 12 years ago.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 02-02-2019, 10:02 PM   #10
flashed

I cant believe Im typing this but I like your Ford too and the Trike is awesome .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 07:07 AM   #11
Andy4639
Old member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
I cant believe Im typing this but I like your Ford too and the Trike is awesome .
Thank you sir!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 02-03-2019, 10:58 PM   #12
Andy4639
Old member

More done on the trike. Got everything tacked up on the forks and my idea for a springer front works good! I went to the LKQ yard this morning and got several hydraulic supports off a late model Tahoe that holds the rear glass up. They worked great!
Making a set of rear axle disc brakes for it also. I got the extra down tube tacked in and need to cut the seat off and re do it.

My video of how the struts work.

Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 02-04-2019, 03:02 PM   #13
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: Another project

A little progress on the trike. I'm having to baby sit so I only had a few hrs to work on it this morning. I got the forks done again and this time they are nice and straight. I also got one side of the rear end cut and added the disc brake rotor for the dual setup. I have to order another rotor and find some brake calipers and a dual brake lever to hook it all up.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 02-14-2019, 06:40 PM   #14
Andy4639
Old member

Well I had to baby sit for my grand son most of today so I took a break from Woodie and worked on the trike since it's here at the house.

I did put the ezgo rear end in the dragster and got it back under the shed.

Then I started on the trike. I got the forks all mounted and I used a old bent set of ape bars to set it up. I got a extra 3.5" out of the frame by re drilling the mounting holes. I also got the chain done and I have decided to stretch the frame even more to get better leg room.
Rhett approved of it so that means a lot!
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 02-17-2019, 01:11 PM   #15
Andy4639
Old member

Well I cut the trike in half to stretch it out to 10'. This should make for a easy ride. I also bought longer Ape bars for it and a bigger cog to help with pedaling.
I thinking I will weld the back half back to the tube and just drill the front with multiple mounting holes for different length rider's as in my grandson when he gets old enough to start riding it. This will let me move it as he grows into it.
You notice the seat... I'm going to use a shock to mount the seat with to help cushion my a$$!
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 02-17-2019, 01:43 PM   #16
Andy4639
Old member

Before and after.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 02-19-2019, 09:08 AM   #17
Andy4639
Old member

Trike:
I took the trike up to my buddies shop where I have been working on Woodie. He has a gas welder and it makes me look like I can weld so I did some fabbing on the trike. I got the rear fenders and mounted the shock seat you see in the pictures. I tried to make it work but the seat was hurting my a$$ so I took it off and welded me a StingRay seat on it. I welded the back half of the stretch tube as well. I used bolts on the front so I can adjust it when I need to. I got a new bigger crank for it and longer APE handle bars!

Woodie:
I got the dash temporarily mounted until the GPS speedometer, stop light and head light switch show up. I have all the wires ran for the lights + I hooked up the horn. I'm thinking about redoing the whole dash area. It has just a small piece of plywood for the dash now as seen in the pictures. I'm thinking some kind of nice hard wood cut down and have the dash made out of plexiglass inserted into the wood.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 03-01-2019, 10:54 AM   #18
Andy4639
Old member

Well I started out yesterday on the Woodie. Then jumped on the trike.

I wanted to get the rear disc brakes mounted and ready for cables. After 4.5 hrs I had them like I wanted. They will stop it pretty good. Ony problem is the way I had it setup was with out a coaster cog so even if I was braking the pedals where still turning. So I had to backup and punt. Installing the coaster cog in between the pedals and rear axle proved to be a job! 5hrs and it was done! Now it has a coaster cog and foot brakes as well. It's getting close to being ridable. I'll go get brake cables today for it and see how that goes.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 03-01-2019, 02:21 PM   #19
notsolo

Looks like your grandson has 1st dibs on the trike....banana seat looks better IMO...Nice work.
notsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 02:30 PM   #20
truckster

You know you're going to want a limited slip differential on that...
Old 03-01-2019, 08:24 PM   #21
Andy4639
Old member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckster View Post
You know you're going to want a limited slip differential on that...
I had thought of that but it makes it harder to turn. Right now it turns pretty good.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 03-02-2019, 09:24 PM   #22
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Andy,, you maybe ought to go back to work to get some rest ,, you have how many irons in the fire at the same time right now ? anyway looks like your having fun ,,so maybe you'll make it okay ,... lol
Old 03-02-2019, 09:58 PM   #23
Andy4639
Old member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
Andy,, you maybe ought to go back to work to get some rest ,, you have how many irons in the fire at the same time right now ? anyway looks like your having fun ,,so maybe you'll make it okay ,... lol

That's what my neighbor has said. I just enjoying the heck out of this retirement thing!

I have to go pickup the boat trailer I bought to make a trailer to pull behind the Woodie for the bikes!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 03-03-2019, 01:36 PM   #24
flashed

Andy , Behave yourself , you are having way too much fun . Glad you are enjoying Retirement .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:38 PM   #25
Andy4639
Old member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
Andy , Behave yourself , you are having way too much fun . Glad you are enjoying Retirement .

Believe me I'm trying. My wife has told me several times to relax which is what I'm doing when working on the Woodie are the trike. Sitting around doing nothing isn't relaxing to me.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club