The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-08-2011, 10:17 PM   #26
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

Smile Re: Why do they all say "rare" 3 door

that's not so true.Did you ever hear the story why they did not make the 4 door suburban.in 1965-66 Internal travail-all. I know you heard of the name well Let just say that the reason why GM decided that it would only have a 3 door and not a 4 door modal was a small accident Back in Ohio or one of them back states.It was on a rainy Wednesday and a 1964 Internal travail all had a 5 year old kid.Its a sad story it was a YELLOW AND WHITE THE KID OPEN THE DOOR A TRACTOR SEMI PEALED HIM LIKE A ONION and PAINTED THE SIDE OF THAT TRUCK RED.SALES IN ANY WAGON OR SUBURBAN OR CARRY ALL DROPPED.IT SCARED GM in 1966 there where fewer buys for modals that had a door on the drivers side.

GM had 25 of the 1967 chevy and GMC carryalls finished They felt kids where not responsible enough to get out on oncoming traffic.Look to day people are so stupid to standing out in traffic with there doors open or letting a kid run out in front of traffic to get in on the drivers side.

Almost every other day i drive my 1965 3/4 ton and i have to dodge people with there open door's in traffic lanes

I talked to a CHP and a few cop's ask them about the door being open in on coming traffic Most of them told me to try to avoid it4 of them said take it off.They told me the Law is very straight in this area.

even tho you are a pedestrian But a car truck Van door is open in on coming traffic the person that owns the car with the door open is at fault 100%.

The Law even goes even further saying if bodily harm is caused by this act the person with the car that is strucked holds all liability for persons being harmed or Killed.

that being said the person that hits and kills that kid or who ever can sue for damages.in both property and metal damage
stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:24 PM   #27
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

Re: Why do they all say "rare" 3 door

i have 2 of them i had 4 of them at one time i have a 1967 3 door and a 1968 3 door GMC
Attached Images

stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:49 PM   #28
71gmcburb

nevermind lol

1 - Don't sweat the small stuff

2 - Everything is small stuff

Last edited by 71gmcburb; 04-11-2011 at 11:12 PM. Reason: reread the post
71gmcburb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:37 PM   #29
haskell

Around here they are rare. Bought my '68 4 years ago because I always liked the style from camping trips in Michigan years ago.

In at least 10 years that I would have noticed one I have seen only one 3 door Suburban around here. The only other one I saw in Indiana was one for sale up in northern Indiana. At the least unique, but I too do not understand the ads and chuckle a little each time I read one.

1955 Buick Century Estate Wagon

1963 Buick Riviera

1953 Chevy 3100 Panel

1967 C-20 V8 4 speed

1951 Willys Jeep Wagon

1956 Chevy Suburban
haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:03 PM   #30
AzDon

Before I knew three door burbs existed, I had only seen two door models ( from the left side) and four door models (from the right side)
The only way you'd know that three-door models exist is to look at both sides of the same vehicle, which requires you to care enough to extend the effort.

Last edited by AzDon; 04-11-2011 at 11:06 PM.
AzDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:37 PM   #31
justcuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsalvage View Post
that's not so true.Did you ever hear the story why they did not make the 4 door suburban.in 1965-66 Internal travail-all. I know you heard of the name well Let just say that the reason why GM decided that it would only have a 3 door and not a 4 door modal was a small accident Back in Ohio or one of them back states.It was on a rainy Wednesday and a 1964 Internal travail all had a 5 year old kid.Its a sad story it was a YELLOW AND WHITE THE KID OPEN THE DOOR A TRACTOR SEMI PEALED HIM LIKE A ONION and PAINTED THE SIDE OF THAT TRUCK RED.SALES IN ANY WAGON OR SUBURBAN OR CARRY ALL DROPPED.IT SCARED GM in 1966 there where fewer buys for modals that had a door on the drivers side.

GM had 25 of the 1967 chevy and GMC carryalls finished They felt kids where not responsible enough to get out on oncoming traffic.Look to day people are so stupid to standing out in traffic with there doors open or letting a kid run out in front of traffic to get in on the drivers side.

Almost every other day i drive my 1965 3/4 ton and i have to dodge people with there open door's in traffic lanes

I talked to a CHP and a few cop's ask them about the door being open in on coming traffic Most of them told me to try to avoid it4 of them said take it off.They told me the Law is very straight in this area.

even tho you are a pedestrian But a car truck Van door is open in on coming traffic the person that owns the car with the door open is at fault 100%.

The Law even goes even further saying if bodily harm is caused by this act the person with the car that is strucked holds all liability for persons being harmed or Killed.

that being said the person that hits and kills that kid or who ever can sue for damages.in both property and metal damage

I never heard the Travelall story. So are you saying GM had 25 1967 4 door Suburbans finished but scrapped them after finding out about an accident that happened in 1965/66? If it was true then why didn't GM change all their station wagon bodys to 3 doors also for "public safety" reasons?
justcuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:46 PM   #32
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

i never believed that story... heard a close variant of it before, thought it was bunk back then too.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote