The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-12-2016, 12:43 AM   #1
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

Gentlemen, could it still be the exhaust header even if the noise goes away when I unplug the spark plug wire on #4?

I am tempted to pull the headers off (at least on that side) and bolt up my old manifolds and see what that does, but if you think its a waste of time knowing that there is no noise with #4 plug disconnected than let me know.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:34 PM   #2
79sierra

Re: Restoring Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
Gentlemen, could it still be the exhaust header even if the noise goes away when I unplug the spark plug wire on #4?

I am tempted to pull the headers off (at least on that side) and bolt up my old manifolds and see what that does, but if you think its a waste of time knowing that there is no noise with #4 plug disconnected than let me know.
Sure, but hard to tell without hearing it. I wouldn't put the manifold back on, I would pull the header and check the gasket around #4. Double sure would be to remove the header and check it for any high or low spots with a straight edge and also check the head around that exhaust port. Hope it is not internal!
79sierra is offline   Reply With Quote