The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Product Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2014, 02:13 PM   #1
hamjet

My weatherstripping experience..

I read alot of the problems everyone was having with the push on style door weather stripping because I was needing some. I was skeptic, but I joined the herd and ordered some from GMCPauls anyway, hoping I would be one of the fortunate ones.. that was about 6 weeks ago.. I, like every one else had to slam the doors to get them to shut, I tried the heat gun, I tried the door adjustment, I tried slits every so often to let the air escape, but it only improved it a little.. over time they did get a little better, but not enough for my liking, I thought I was going to break a side window slamming the doors.. SO, I ordered some of the glue on type (Precision, DWP 111067) to see how they worked. I was willing to gamble the $25.00 for them... I only did the drivers door, after a week I couldn't be happier. they seal well, and I only have to "lightly" slam the door.. I've still got to change the pass. side, but between closing doors, it's like night and day...Hope this helps others, I know it worked for me.....left one is press on, right is glue on....
Attached Images