The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-21-2002, 07:44 AM   #1
cman

Question opinions, please!

Ihave a '70 swb fleetside C-10 that is all original except the engine and new paint! It came with the 250 6cyl and it now has a 350 in it. It has been repainted to the original
color which is olive green. I like the color because I havn't seen any trucks this color
in as good a condition as mine, but the truck isn't in original condition. I have
all of the paper work for it, down to the salesman's business card! It also haas the original rpo sticker in the glove box.
My question is, "Would it hurt the value if I changed the color?"
cman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 09:47 AM   #2
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Just my opinion but since it has already been repainted, I can't see that it would be too big of a difference in value. Kind of depends on what you are going to do with the truck. If you are like me and not going to get rid of your truck then I definitely wouldn't worry about it. If you do plan on selling it then maybe it does matter. Unfortunately from what I have seen over the years, we see many very nice trucks that we would give high dollars for but those trucks just don't bring the high dollars very often. Pretty limited market when you are looking to sell something very nice - takes the right buyer at the right time.

------------------
1969 C20 4x4 with roughly 6" lift and 35's
residing near Rose Hill, Kansas

Yukon Jack's Web Pages

Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 12:43 PM   #3
Brad69
Crash Test Dummy

This may sound strange, but would you pick a color to please a potential buyer? Or to please yourself? If the color you pick is one you personally like, then the value to you is increased. If the color you pick is to please someone else, you are better off with the original color.

This opinion is free, with no warranties expressed or implied. Others will disagree, and ultimately you will have to decide for yourself.

Build Sheet:
1969 C-10 short fleet
Constructed by taking a 3/4 ton rolling frame from one truck, adding a rust free AC Cab from another, then a bed from another, 1/2 ton front suspension & brakes from another,add in one Goodwrench crate 350, painted DuPont Arctic White,and driven daily.

Brad69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 01:22 PM   #4
stllookn
Saving 1 truck at a time!

If you are going to do a Concours d'Elegance style of restoration..."Exactly like it was originally built". I hear these guys even do the proper "orange peel" on the paint like the factory did and even overspray the undercoating like the factory! If that is what you are going to do with your truck...the answer is yes! If not...who gives a rip...you can always strip it and repaint at a later date!

Concours restorations will lose points for "over restoration" which means the paint, chrome and body work are too good to be factory work!!!

[This message has been edited by stllookn (edited March 21, 2002).]

'69 Flxible Cruiser (look up ugly in the dictionary)
stllookn is offline   Reply With Quote