The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-08-2018, 02:41 PM   #1
Mattchu60

Anyone using the Eibach rear lowering coils?

I searched quite a bit but couldn't find anything. I am wanting to put a 4" lowering rear coil into my truck - still want to occasionally put some weight in the bed. At first I was reading about the CPP 4" HD drop coils - some people said they were fine, others said they rode rough.

I was on Eibach's website and they offer a 4" drop progressive spring - I would think progressive would be the way to go - but i can't find anything about these coils as far as people using them.

Any input? Are they good? Looking for something with good ride but also a little capacity - not going to be hauling really heavy stuff, but the occasional trip to home depot for supplies may happen, or maybe 300-400 lbs of seed corn in the bed.
Mattchu60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 11:32 PM   #2
OARNGESI

Re: Anyone using the Eibach rear lowering coils?

I would just buy normal 4in cpp springs they’ll haul that no problem plus with a descent shock you’ll have a great ride
OARNGESI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:13 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

ECE is the mack daddy company for static drops on these trucks. They pioneered springs specifically for the job. They don't sell Nova springs. They sell progressive rate coils made for these trucks since way before any of these other companies decided selling C/10 stuff was so lucrative. I'm sure you can find plenty to read about good experiences with ECE on these trucks. I stay with the tried and true, once found, and pay little mind to Johnny Come Lately.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 08:00 AM   #4
NF6

Coils aren't the only things that make a rough ride, there are other factors like shocks. I haven't used Eibachs on my C10, but used their products on my '07 Charger. Their coils were great. I wouldn't say don't get them. If you like trying things out and being different, just get their coils and shocks. Try them, they might be better!

Let us know how they ride!
NF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:38 PM   #5
Mattchu60

I ended up ordering some coils from Early Classics today.

Was going to do the CPP coils but after starting my install with my CPP trailing arms parts that I already bought this weekend I'm not very impressed with CPP's quality control - poor fitting stuff. I had tried calling CPP but couldn't get anyone there - just got passed around in a circle for about 30 min by operator and gave up.
Mattchu60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:13 PM   #6
nightrider388

Good thing. I had nothing but trouble from Eibach springs. They did not fit right and are not progressive springs.
nightrider388 is offline   Reply With Quote