The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > Heavy Haulers

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-20-2018, 11:08 AM   #1
animals speed shop

480LE with hub brake on tailshaft

I know lots of guys convert the 480LE's with the ebrake assembly back to a regular 480le . So here is my problem ....I have most of what I want the e brake hub /the 480le that came with the original set up but I am missing the
tailshaft that the ebrake set up bolts onto . I can't even get a part number for one ....any transmission guy's point me in the right direction We are so close yet so far......any help would be appreciated....thanks
animals speed shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:17 AM   #2
Bob B.

Re: 480LE with hub brake on tailshaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by animals speed shop View Post
I know lots of guys convert the 480LE's with the ebrake assembly back to a regular 480le . So here is my problem ....I have most of what I want the e brake hub /the 480le that came with the original set up but I am missing the
tailshaft that the ebrake set up bolts onto . I can't even get a part number for one ....any transmission guy's point me in the right direction We are so close yet so far......any help would be appreciated....thanks
If you are looking for the emergency brake parts that go on certain 4L80E transmissions (drum brake on the end of the transmission), go to a GM dealer and try looking them up for a 1993-2002 Chevy/GMC 3500 HD cab and chassis. This is not the 'pickup' 3500, but the medium duty cab and chassis with the leaf spring front suspension. Many motorhome/step van chassis also used that style of parking brake.