The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The pre 1947 Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-31-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
Tori Martinez

My Very First Project - 1946 Chevy Pickup

Hi all,

Just wanted to throw up a post to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Tori and my husband and I are currently starting to work on my very first project ever, a 1946 Chevy Pickup truck.

Last July, my husband got his 1912 Model T (which he had inherited from his grandfather) up and running after it had been sitting for over 30 years. He got going in time for our wedding in August and I really enjoyed the whole process (despite the fact that I know virtually nothing about cars). My only real contribution was locating / purchasing parts off the internet for him.

I had made a comment that I wanted to learn about cars and wished I had my own project to work on. Before I knew it, my husband had traded his old Harley for a 1946 Chevy so we had a project to work on together and I had something to learn on.

It is rough and will need a lot of work but I'm SO excited! I've been browsing the forum and am really inspired by all your projects!!! I'm looking forward to having updates to post myself.

So far we have it almost down to frame - the bed is off and this weekend we should finish taking the front fenders off (only a few last bolts left but boy are they stubborn!). We've made some decent progress in the past 3 weeks despite my crazy work schedule and our general lack of free time. Here are some pics...

PS If anyone has a GMC 302 Inline 6 they're looking to get rid of, let me know... I'd love to have it for my truck!

Tori
Attached Images

Tori Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:39 PM   #2
Todd68Chevy

Re: My Very First Project - 1946 Chevy Pickup

Welcome to the board! Looks like a really solid start to me. Good Luck and Have Fun.

I currently own: 1940 Chevy Fire truck (project), 1946 Chevy truck (project), 1946 Chevy 1 Ton pick up, 1953 Chevy school bus (storage area), 1968 Chevy C10 (I have drove for 26 years), 1994 Chevy C2500 (daily driver), 2005 GMC crew cab K2500 (parts hauler) and more trucks for parts.
Todd68Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote