The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-22-2006, 01:38 AM   #1
55 on bags

good front clips

got 69 nova sub is it good to go with or will i have problems
55 on bags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:14 AM   #2
CAL 58 GMC

Re: good front clips

The Nova clip should work great. Just make sure who ever does the work for you knows what there doing. I saw a clip that was not done right and the front of the motor sat four inches lower then the transmission tail shaft. And don't forget the front part of the stock frame needs to be welded back on to the clip for the radiator support and bumper. Good Luck!

Last edited by CAL 58 GMC; 06-22-2006 at 11:15 AM.
CAL 58 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:56 AM   #3
Jebb1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL 58 GMC
The Nova clip should work great. Just make sure who ever does the work for you knows what there doing. I saw a clip that was not done right and the front of the motor sat four inches lower then the transmission tail shaft. And don't forget the front part of the stock frame needs to be welded back on to the clip for the radiator support and bumper. Good Luck!
Good advise Cali

I am in the process of cleaning up a quick and not real complete Camaro subframe job on my truck. See early pics of Cali's project to see how it is supose to look. I am trying to get mine to look as close to his as I can.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:16 PM   #4
55 on bags

Thanks I will take your word CAL 58
55 on bags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:22 PM   #5
Decypher

I have a '57 Chev. What years of Nova/Camaro front clips will work on my pickup? Also, what is the best resource to use to install it right, book? Online?

I've found some great information so far from you guys and look forward to more. I have debated putting a thread on here for my project just so I can get some input from people who know what they are talking about since I am still a novice car builder. However, due to lack of funds, I will probably not make much progress quickly, so I don't want to gum up the server with crap.
Decypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:32 PM   #6
CAL 58 GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decypher
I have a '57 Chev. What years of Nova/Camaro front clips will work on my pickup? Also, what is the best resource to use to install it right, book? Online?

I've found some great information so far from you guys and look forward to more. I have debated putting a thread on here for my project just so I can get some input from people who know what they are talking about since I am still a novice car builder. However, due to lack of funds, I will probably not make much progress quickly, so I don't want to gum up the server with crap.
Go ahead and start a thread, that what this forum is all about! You don't have to have a ton of money and build a project in 6 months to get your thread started! Most projects take years and I know we all would like to see your project from the start. So please, start your thread.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:58 AM   #7
Decypher

Alright, well I'm going to pull it out of the garage, take some pics, and do some work on it this weekend. Maybe posting this thread with some pics will warrant some advice so that I can finally get off my rear on this thing and get it going. Look for a new thread Monday morning.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post1742172
Decypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:40 PM   #8
CAL 58 GMC

Quote:
Alright, well I'm going to pull it out of the garage, take some pics, and do some work on it this weekend. Maybe posting this thread with some pics will warrant some advice so that I can finally get off my rear on this thing and get it going. Look for a new thread Monday morning.
Cool, I look forward to seeing it!
Old 06-23-2006, 04:44 PM   #9
Jebb1978

Quote:
You will also find it motivating to know that we are waiting to see what you got done. It's driving me nuts to sit on my project right now. I will hopefully have more money to play with next week.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:25 PM   #10
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

I think one of the problems with nova was some had rear steering ( steering linkage behind the cross member) and it was a PIA to setup the steering shaft. You just need to look for a front steer clip.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:40 PM   #11
entourageguy
Yellow truck club

or you could put a kit in like this .....
Attached Images

Brian ......

My hub garage address
http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/59apache
I gue$$ everything has it'$ price
ALL GONE NOW

59 Chev Apache
PRAISE THE LOWERED
350 700r lokar shifter
power MII front end, shockwaves
tilt, 4 wheel discs
4-link and bags