The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-28-2014, 08:19 PM   #1
McKenna

Track bar interfering with fuel tank

Hey guys I've been kinda in the dark here on the forum I'm building a 1970 short step with an LQ4 swap.

My frame is done for the most part and I'm dropped 5.5 in the front and 6 in the back (for now). I bought all of my stuff through CPP including drop shocks and relocation kit.

My super track bar isn't on right now, a buddy and myself have been puttering away at it, I purchased a tank from an 87 blazer (the 25 gallon unit) with baffles for efi because I didn't want my tank in the cab anymore and had to do somthing for the lq4 swap.

At first install I noticed these tanks don't sit as nice inside the frame as some make them out to be in fact they sit 3" out the rear of the frame in my case and I would be screwed if I was ever ass ended. So I set
Out to move/ make a new crossmember to replace my crooked crossmember and to do somthing for a little protection at the back of the frame.

Everything went really well until I realized my track bar will now hit the tank.

I could fab a bracket to drop the track bar down off the frame (about 6") so it
Will clear the tank but this will make my bar run almost straight which from what I have read isn't ideal and can make it handle poorly.

Ideally I want to have my bar running from about 15-20% downward.

I am curious if anyone thinks this idea below will work, it's somthing we have stolen from online to relocate the already relocated track bar. However I haven't seen it done on our trucks, I'm very capable of making such a track bar setup but want some opinions befor I bother as to wether or not it'll work effectively.

Attached are the pictures of my tank install so far and of the panhard bar idea robbed from google
Attached Images

McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:21 PM   #2
McKenna

Re: Track bar interfering with fuel tank

This is my tank setup
Attached Images

McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:22 PM   #3
McKenna

Re: Track bar interfering with fuel tank

I am also a failure at posting images