The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-20-2018, 02:26 AM   #1
Hawssie

For those who have used FI TECH throttle body

This is probably going to sound like a stupid question, but I am looking for someone who has hooked up one of the Fi tech throttle body fuel injection systems. I bought one over a year ago when they first came out, in order to put on a LSX engine in my Chevelle. The project got put on hold so I just put it on a 5.3 for 1970 truck.
I have it running but I can't set it up electronically. The reason is because I am either missing something physically or mentally but I can't figure out how to connect the monitor to the throttle body, The manual says there are 2 pigtail plugs coming out of the throttle body,which I have identified, that are supposed to plug into the monitor. Is there a jumper harness that goes in between? It doesn't appear to plug in directly into these. The only thing I have left over for wiring is a computer pigtail that appears to be for plugging the monitor into a laptop. The manual doesn't list a jumper harness in the contents list.
Im not really sure if I either somehow lost something or if my box was incomplete, or really whats going on. I asked the tech help online but I never got a response back.
Hawssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:26 AM   #2
oldman3

Re: For those who have used FI TECH throttle body

Hawssie, I've been told that the only stupid qestion, is the one that doesn't get asked. Since you asked the question, it CAN'T be stupid. I think the connecter you have, is what plugs in the FI unit and the hand held monitor. If you could take a pic and post it, we should be able to help. If you have time check out my install of the FiTech unit on my 50. It starts on page 34 and ends on page 36. I think the connector you have should match the one on page 35 post #836. Just click on my build thread in my signature...Jim

Last edited by oldman3; 04-20-2018 at 09:50 AM.
oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 11:05 AM   #3
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

wires at the top are the ones that have to be manually wired in. The figure-8 coil at the bottom is (If i remember correctly) the one that plugs into the control box.

I've only worked with their GO EFI kits, and the little controller had a single round plug (kinda like a headphone jack) which had an insulated cable running through the firewall and plugging into the little connectors directly on the the throttle unit.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 01:13 AM   #4
Hawssie

Thanks for the support. I have the multi colored pigtails and they are wired up, which of course they would have to be in order for it to run. My kit didn't come with a pump so I don't have any extra parts or wiring related t that, I have a long wire coming off of the main harness I think it was orange that is marked for the pump. What I don't have in the picture is that bundle of wires at the bottom, is that, from your memory what would plug into he monitor? I would show you a picture but I didn't bringl the monitor home. Basically though I just have the bare monitor without anything that plugs into it(other then the home computer or laptop to monitor plug pigtail). And as far as the throttle body I just have the 2 pigtails coming out of it and nothing that plugs into those either. The only other pigtail on my system that I don't have plugged in is for the distributor which I am not using at this point. As I don't want to overly complicate the system with spark control until its running without it first. That was the recommendation I read that made sense as I know the spark control can add another level of issues.
Hawssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 02:00 AM   #5
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

A customer question thread on their QnA area said cables can be ordered from customer service but may not be listed on line. They posted a phone number 1-951-340-2624

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 12:15 PM   #6
oldman3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawssie View Post
The only thing I have left over for wiring is a computer pigtail that appears to be for plugging the monitor into a laptop.
You are correct, that pigtale is the "Data Com cable" it plugs into bottom of the hand held monitor(see pic).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawssie View Post
What I don't have in the picture is that bundle of wires at the bottom, is that, from your memory what would plug into he monitor?
Again you are correct, that bundle has two plugs that will tie into the two at the back of FiTech unit (throttle body), then to the monitor.

Basically though I just have the bare monitor without anything that plugs into it(other then the home computer or laptop to monitor plug pigtail). And as far as the throttle body I just have the 2 pigtails coming out of it and nothing that plugs into those either.
As BR3 mentions that is the part that you have missing. I hope you can get them to send you another cable, it is about 5 feet long, so you can run it inside if you want.

Hawssie, here's a couple pics I took showing how the monitor is hooked up with the two plugs coming from the unit. I believe one is input and one is output for recorded data. I haven't recorded any data, so I'm no help there. Let's us know how things work out...Jim
Old 04-21-2018, 12:25 PM   #7
oldman3

Sorry, forgot the pics...Jim
Attached Images