The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-08-2018, 02:05 PM   #1
54blackhornet

Is This You ?

Thought this was appropriate for some of us.
Attached Images

Old 10-08-2018, 04:14 PM   #2
sick472

Re: Is This You ?

I got some attitude like that once...I still have the vehicles (and an ex)!

1972 C10
1976 C10 (parts truck)
1985 K20
sick472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 04:36 PM   #3
thedudeabides86

Ha!! I'm 40, with 2 kids and a wife. My mother in law told me when I got married I could either be happy or I can be right but I can't have both. I've learned to be happy and that it's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission. I'll be buying another truck soon.
Old 10-08-2018, 05:39 PM   #4
Grumpy old man

If you have to ask your wife or girlfriend if it's ok to buy ANYTHING you need to re elavuate what your doing . Life is short don't live by someone else's rules .

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 05:56 PM   #5
Boog
laying low

Peace and happiness are great and all but I don’t take ultimatums from anyone! And I am still married after 40 uhh, 40 three years. We’ve been together 47. We’re doin something right.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 06:18 PM   #6
CUSTOM/10

The name of my project is "Divorce Therapy" Guess who stayed and who left !
And the first guess doesn't count !!! "LOL"

My 72 SWB Build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=259859
CUSTOM/10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 06:57 PM   #7
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA

My wife does not stand in the way of anything that I want. She has always been quite supportive.
PROJECT JIGSAW 1967 GMC C3500
GREAT WHITE 1986 Blazer M1009
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 09:02 PM   #8
68bowtie

Ok you guys all make the Nike cut. The rest of us won’t be sharing.

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 09:11 PM   #9
davischevy

HA, this weekend I was telling my wife about the tow hook phenomenon.

Her response, "Sounds like you better buy a pair before they go up another $500."

She was also on my case because her 67 short bed is not going anywhere.

She has suggested, not demanded, I sell a couple, but mostly because I am running out of room and can't keep them all running.

She's been hangin' on for 47 years, so I'm not going anywhere.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 09:23 PM   #10
special-K
Special Order

I got divorced after 25 years with me having/doing more with trucks then than now. And that had nothing to do with all the trucks, parts, Harleys, collectible old truck toys or anything. All those things were things she liked about me. I had me a good one I figured. She's gone because she's , and she has only gotten worse. Even now she will compliment my bike or truck when she sees it.

She was here when my ribs were broken. By the way, she's an RN. I was saying how a guy had said the ribs would take bout twice as long to heal than other bone breaks. Instead of other breaks taking 5-6 weeks, healing takes 10-12 weeks. She says very defensively, "I know, I'm a nurse". So I asked her "So it's really true?" and she says, "I don't know". HUH? What just happened here?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 09:33 PM   #11
Barnfind46

My wife has never told me to get rid of any of my classics. I realized I could have four non running classics that I could not afford to build or I could sell three and keep one. I kept my '68 long bed and now I can drive it to work because I bought parts to fix every thing!She was not happy about selling the '70 Cutlass but knew the truck meant more to me. She is a keeper!
Old 10-08-2018, 09:43 PM   #12
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Heh, my wife hated my '68 Skylark GS from the first time she saw it, but never gave me any grief over it. She does think that I sold it for too low a price, though! I claim brain damage and work-related stress, though. I putting it back to Buick power and dropped the driveshaft on my head. Based on what people tell me, it was a year before I was back to what is "normal" for me. I was also working so much overtime then that sometimes I looked at the other side of the freeway to see if I could see myself going the other way. After I retired, it was about 18 months before I could walk through the garage without bumping into the cupboards or the work bench. I was one sleep-deprived, tired old man. Now, I'm just an old man.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:23 PM   #13
71threequarterton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
If you have to ask your wife or girlfriend if it's ok to buy ANYTHING you need to re elavuate what your doing . Life is short don't live by someone else's rules .
This!

My wife doesn't try to get in the way of anything I do. I've seen good friends take the "plunge" and I feel sorry for them.

71 Chevrolet C20
94 GMC Yukon 4x4

71threequarterton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:42 PM   #14
darrellyates

I'll play.... I have one good wife/car or truck story.

Before my first was born (this was about 30 years ago) I purchased a very beat up '68 Camaro convertible. It needed about every piece of sheet metal, but had most of them with the car (NOS metal). So I bought it.

I spent a couple of years working on the car before it was finished. One night, the wife comes down to the garage, furious. And I will quote: "Why are you down here all the time? Why are you wasting all this time and money on an old car (you can insert truck here for this site)?"

I told her I:
Don't drink... Don't smoke... Don't go to football games/sporting events. I don't chase other women... I don't do any drugs. I don't gamble, or have other bad habits. I work hard, and like to come home at night and relax playing with my grown up toys. I am home, in my garage. She can either come down and be with me, or she can stay upstairs and be mad. Either way, I could be doing a lot worse things!!!

She shook her head, grabbed a chair, and has been good help ever since. Not another argument or word about my hobby. And I'm grateful.

I've gone thru a LOT of cars in my lifetime. I love them all. I love my current C-10; and the Camaro I'm working on now (different Camaro by the way).

I am afraid as I continue to get older, the work on the vehicles is getting harder to stay enthusiastic about. I'm sure it will end one day, but I've enjoyed this since I was 16. Even have a t-shirt that reads: "Still plays with cars..."

Thanks for reading and being part of it!
darrellyates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:51 PM   #15
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrellyates View Post
I'll play.... I have one good wife/car or truck story.

Before my first was born (this was about 30 years ago) I purchased a very beat up '68 Camaro convertible. It needed about every piece of sheet metal, but had most of them with the car (NOS metal). So I bought it.

I spent a couple of years working on the car before it was finished. One night, the wife comes down to the garage, furious. And I will quote: "Why are you down here all the time? Why are you wasting all this time and money on an old car (you can insert truck here for this site)?"

I told her I:
Don't drink... Don't smoke... Don't go to football games/sporting events. I don't chase other women... I don't do any drugs. I don't gamble, or have other bad habits. I work hard, and like to come home at night and relax playing with my grown up toys. I am home, in my garage. She can either come down and be with me, or she can stay upstairs and be mad. Either way, I could be doing a lot worse things!!!

She shook her head, grabbed a chair, and has been good help ever since. Not another argument or word about my hobby. And I'm grateful.

I've gone thru a LOT of cars in my lifetime. I love them all. I love my current C-10; and the Camaro I'm working on now (different Camaro by the way).

I am afraid as I continue to get older, the work on the vehicles is getting harder to stay enthusiastic about. I'm sure it will end one day, but I've enjoyed this since I was 16. Even have a t-shirt that reads: "Still plays with cars..."

Thanks for reading and being part of it!
I think all of us have varying levels of enthusiasm from time to time, but suspect if you have been playing with cars that long, you will never give it up completely. I'm 66 and I can't stay in the shop til 10 PM anymore but I still have a project all the time.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:55 PM   #16
darrellyates

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
I think all of us have varying levels of enthusiasm from time to time, but suspect if you have been playing with cars that long, you will never give it up completely. I'm 66 and I can't stay in the shop til 10 PM anymore but I still have a project all the time.
Thanks. Well, also, as I'm nearing retirement age, not sure I'll have the money to continue the builds the way I like to do them, so I may just have to slow way down.

By the way, Harrison AR is a nice place. I have a cousin there. Also, my parents last home is out in Newton County, and I still have a lot of family in that area.

My brother has the property. I still get back once in awhile, my wife is from Springfield MO and her Mother still lives there.

Good to hear from somebody from Harrison. Beautiful country and good people up there!
darrellyates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:05 PM   #17
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrellyates View Post
Thanks. Well, also, as I'm nearing retirement age, not sure I'll have the money to continue the builds the way I like to do them, so I may just have to slow way down.

By the way, Harrison AR is a nice place. I have a cousin there. Also, my parents last home is out in Newton County, and I still have a lot of family in that area.

My brother has the property. I still get back once in awhile, my wife is from Springfield MO and her Mother still lives there.

Good to hear from somebody from Harrison. Beautiful country and good people up there!
We've worked a lot in Newton County. We built the bank at the north end of the bridge in Jasper and the Newton County Jail. My youngest daughter is getting married at Beckham Cave in a couple of weeks.

Holler if you get this way.

Old 10-10-2018, 09:17 PM   #18
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
We've worked a lot in Newton County. We built the bank at the north end of the bridge in Jasper and the Newton County Jail. My youngest daughter is getting married at Beckham Cave in a couple of weeks.

Holler if you get this way.
You put extra rebar in the jail walls, right!?

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:30 PM   #19
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
You put extra rebar in the jail walls, right!?

Only what was spec'd, but nobody is going to chisel through them.

Actually that one had prefab steel cells.

The one we are finishing up in Searcy County is cast in place concrete. It has rebar on top of rebar. We've had a couple of certified welders on site the whole time on that one.

To stay on subject, my wife never once told me to go down and lock myself in.

She is going to be stressed when she travels that mountain road to that cave wedding. She needs to live in Kansas or somewhere it's flat.

Old 10-11-2018, 02:47 AM   #20
custom10nut

I bought my truck when my son was 6 weeks old (he’s 26 now), and my one and only wife and I have had the “why don’t you sell the truck” discussions more times than I can remember. Whenever something would break or wear out, we’d have them, but also had the good times when she’d see my son or daughter under the hood, or on the creaper, in the driveway. Just a couple years ago during one of my more frustrating moments, i asked the wife, in front of my son, how to list a truck on Craigslist. That’s when I found that she’s as much attached to the old truck as I am.
custom10nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:03 AM   #21
Lanman1972

This is me!
Attached Images

Old 10-11-2018, 09:54 AM   #22
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanman1972 View Post
This is me!
Yes, that's me.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:22 AM   #23
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
I agree to an extent with wives and I guess fiances, but gf's, yea, they can piss off..

There comes a point where the purchases affect family finances and that's not cool. My wife and I make enough money each, where I can buy a tremec trans, or a set of wheels and it has no impact on our finances or savings. When I bought my 68 firebird a few months ago, I did discuss that with her (with the intent of buying it anyway ), but it took a big chunk of out my shop fund (trying to build it with cash). Work has gone really well this year, and with bonuses and raises I've already gotten the firebird money back

Other's aren't so fortunate and I know some people that do put their toys ahead of their family and it does cause issues with their finances.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:26 AM   #24
davischevy

[QUOTE=67ChevyRedneck;8361733]I agree to an extent with wives and I guess fiances, but gf's, yea, they can piss off..

GF's tend to piss wives off too.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:49 AM   #25
Smitty

When my mother passed and left me a few$. The wife told me if I ever wanted to do the truck. Now was the time. 15 mo later it turns heads every time it leaves the garage. 40 yrs and going strong. Consider myself a lucky man.
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote