The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-10-2008, 12:23 AM   #26
mvfd70

Re: need help with the rules

guess he got booted while i was typing. oh well. bye bye
mvfd70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:25 AM   #27
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dylan View Post
I honestly don't understand some people. The members on this board are great then you have ignorant people such as screamin' that feel it's necessary to act a smart ass to one of the creators of the site that's put more man hours into making this work then any of us probably know.

It's sad really...
what I dont get is why they register again and again as if we will not know, when they are so unhappy ... he has already attempted to re register and circumvent the suspension.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:27 AM   #28
thirdstreettito
Resident of Here

Bye Bye Buddy.

Miss having a truck

Last edited by Liz; 11-10-2008 at 12:58 AM. Reason: language
thirdstreettito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:28 AM   #29
mvfd70

Well I'll apologize for not renewing my subscription sooner. Even though I was down to dial up for a while I did still use this site some. I guess it took this guy to make me realize that the subscription fees go for more than just my needs.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:28 AM   #30
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Something that needs said here.... he wasn't just banned for what was said on here. There has been a few other issues with this member in the past, and he's already breaking opther rules trying to get in through the back door.
Like I said. NO ONE will EVER tell you have have to be a subscribed member. We've all been dead broke and not able to swing 25 bucks. And, if you feel you shouldn't need to, then that's your right too.
But, This board, it's members, it's archives... it's all worth it.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:28 AM   #31
Richard8971
Still livin the "dream" in '54

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvfd70 View Post
I know that my name is pink at the moment but I'm getting ready to pay my YEARLY fee of $25.
You look blue to me.

My '67 stepper "Tangerine Dream"

"Anything worth doing is worth doing right" James Dean

“When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Sherlock Holmes

"There is no spoon." Neo
Richard8971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:29 AM   #32
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

I suggest just IP blocking him from the site completely, it's useless having members on the board that contribute nothing but a negative attitude to the rest of us. He got suspended for a reason and is now acting like a kid trying to find a way around it so he can keep pestering people that want nothing to do with him. I find it disappointing.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
*Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:29 AM   #33
Cyclone44
Step Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugger6933 View Post
I know there are certian posting rules. I can't remember them at the moment, I need a part for my 70. Can I just ask for one? Do I have to be a supporter to post for a part? Being new here don't want to step in it. Thanks, Jim
Jim welcome to the site....I'm sorry this happened in your post.....I hope you will stay with us and be a part of this special community.....
Cyclone44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:31 AM   #34
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

well said Andy.. there have been many times I could not had swung $25 for anything.. noone will ever be banned for their usergroup.
It takes alot to get a suspension around here... no matter how it looks we issue warnings infractions etc and rarely flat out click the ban button.

Quote:
I suggest just IP blocking him from the site completely, it's useless having members on the board that contribute nothing but a negative attitude to the rest of us. He got suspended for a reason and is now acting like a kid trying to find a way around it so he can keep pestering people that want nothing to do with him. I find it disappointing.
that would work, if we wanted to ban a bunch of folks at once. We only use that in moderation as blocking full ips screws with many innocent folk. especially if the user is military. It would be alot easier for staff that way, but there are other ways to check things.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:33 AM   #35
mvfd70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard8971 View Post
You look blue to me.
yup. just re-registered right after I got done typing. I forgot that with paypal the registration is almost immediate. Probably one of the many things the $25 goes for. Good technology
Old 11-10-2008, 12:37 AM   #36
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
well said Andy.. there have been many times I could not had swung $25 for anything.. noone will ever be banned for their usergroup.
It takes alot to get a suspension around here... no matter how it looks we issue warnings infractions etc and rarely flat out click the ban button.

that would work, if we wanted to ban a bunch of folks at once. We only use that in moderation as blocking full ips screws with many innocent folk. especially if the user is military. It would be alot easier for staff that way, but there are other ways to check things.
I see, I didn't take that into consideration, I forget that things such as military, school, and office computers all run off of the same IP for that specific location in some cases. I was in the same case with the $25.00 but I was fortunate enough to get some help with that from one of the very gracious people on this board
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 11-10-2008, 12:37 AM   #37
Richard8971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
Something that needs said here.... he wasn't just banned for what was said on here. There has been a few other issues with this member in the past, and he's already breaking opther rules trying to get in through the back door.
Like I said. NO ONE will EVER tell you have have to be a subscribed member. We've all been dead broke and not able to swing 25 bucks. And, if you feel you shouldn't need to, then that's your right too.
But, This board, it's members, it's archives... it's all worth it.
I think that the majority of the people on here know just how cool this site is and the people behind it really are. Yes, there will be a few who like to make trouble.

I appreciate the efforts of the staff to try to keep guys like that off of here, but I'm sure with enough effort he will re-regester and continue to cause problems for the rest. Oh well... I won't let it keep me from enjoying the site!

Don

“When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Sherlock Holmes

"There is no spoon." Neo

Last edited by Richard8971; 11-10-2008 at 12:39 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:40 AM   #38
Richard8971

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugger6933 View Post
I know there are certian posting rules. I can't remember them at the moment, I need a part for my 70. Can I just ask for one? Do I have to be a supporter to post for a part? Being new here don't want to step in it. Thanks, Jim
BTW, welcome to the site. One heck of a way of getting your feet wet huh???

Don

Sherlock Holmes

"There is no spoon." Neo
Old 11-10-2008, 12:47 AM   #39
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard8971 View Post
BTW, welcome to the site. One heck of a way of getting your feet wet huh???

Don
They always say it's easier to get in the cold water if you just hurry and jump in, walking in is always torture anyways.
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 11-10-2008, 12:48 AM   #40
Richard8971

Quote:
They always say it's easier to get in the cold water if you just hurry and jump in, walking in is always torture anyways.

Sherlock Holmes

"There is no spoon." Neo
Old 11-10-2008, 01:22 AM   #41
newbraunie

I am relatively new member and have recieved more than my $$$ worth from member fee in a few months!!!
newbraunie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:46 AM   #42
lax54650

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbraunie View Post
I am relatively new member and have recieved more than my $$$ worth from member fee in a few months!!!
i am new too and have been told by mY wife i should have a masters degree in these trucks how much time i spend on here!! keep up the great work all. iIF that guy is actually a lover of these trucks he will either shape up or regret losing such a valuable ASSET
lax54650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:08 AM   #43
70cst

Quote:
you'll find nothing here you cant find somewhere else save your twenty five dollars and buy some nice parts.
If thats his attitude why even come on board?

Quote:
lol that ruffled a few feathers
Geeee...I wonder why?

Quote:
oh wah cry cry baby
It's all about the attitude!

Like has been said...99% of the people on this sight are A+ but then you have a few. *****....I bet he doesn't even own a Chevy/GMC truck.

Ok all...now that Screamin_eagle got his wings clipped...tell me how you really feel?

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!

Last edited by 70cst; 11-10-2008 at 09:09 AM.
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:29 AM   #44
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I read this post and agree with everyone but screamin.I say that because I've been a member for quite a while.I'm not computer savvy but I do have enough knowledge to know the 20 hours Josh commented is probably a low guesstimate.I know he started with a home computer and desire at14 years old.I know he spent "HIS" hard earned $$$ to start and maintain the site for years.A few members contributed and he paid the rest.It was encouragement of members who got the current subscriber system going.Josh did not want to make this a pay site in order to keep it user friendly and to help others enjoy the hobby.When someone posts a comment like "Screamin" it really twists my tail.

The 47-present Chevrolet and GMC Truck Message Board Network,it's owners,moderators,members,and associates of any type should not be held responsible for my opinion.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"

Last edited by PanelDeland; 11-10-2008 at 09:29 AM.
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:10 AM   #45
rstewart09

I've been hanging out here for a while and never spent the $25. I just now took care of that after reading this. Don't know why I hadn't before because I sure have got more good than that from this site. I'm on here every day at least a dozen times reading and getting info. Thanks to everyone for reminding me to get this done.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:37 AM   #46
MDC

Some people's children
I had to set my project aside (and go pink for a while) after getting laid off. There were always folks here to help for free when needed (and I could watch other's progress to keep my hope's up). I have spent several thousand dollars at parts houses and can't get anywhere near the information from them that is here on this site daily. Not to mention the old posts that sit on servers waiting to be searched through. The knowledge here is more than worth the small fee. Just read the builds from Rokcrln, FrizzleFry, Hart Rod, or bad6772 just to name a few. Then go read up on Project Underhaulin.
Sure some folks can't spare the coin, but I hope that punk's wheels fall off.

hugger6933. welcome to the site
www.xpressboats.com

Nothing says 'poor craftmanship' like wrinkles in your duct tape
MDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:42 AM   #47
Rigo's 70 C10

All,
I have yet to find a media outlet that even comes close to providing detailed quality information like what is found on this site. This is a place that makes you feel at home and everyone is willing to share their wealth of knowledge. Sorry i had not registered sooner. This is in my opinion the BEST media source for all chevy truck issue.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS!
Rigo's 70 C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:27 PM   #48
Sillyoldman

I'm sure that those that make mistakes possibly may come back and become valued members. Until then.......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBlFh7P4MvU

'71 Custom Deluxe C-20 402.
'67 Buick Special 455.
'49 Plymouth Special Deluxe.
"I love that old car smell"

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Sillyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:47 PM   #49
Lugnut64052
Middle-aged Curmudgeon

It's all been said already, but I agree with all the others. I found this site a few months ago and wasn't a supporter until about a month ago, but I finally ponied up my 25 bucks. There's just too much good stuff here not to be a supporter.

I've already bought parts from other board members, learn something useful nearly every time I log on here, sometimes log off with my sides hurting from laughter, and constantly marvel at the workmanship, camaraderie, knowledge, creativeness and civility of the folks here, just to name few superlatives.

Side admins, thanks for doing what you do. And the rest of us, there'll always be a jerk or two around. Don't let 'em spoil the fun we're having.
Lugnut64052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:38 PM   #50
sdkid

Hugger....Welcome to the board. Looks like there is not much to add to what has been said before me.

Josh, Liz, and Mods.....Thank you for everything you do to keep this place warm and welcome for the rest of us.

Help somebody...If you can....VanZant

We're not wrong, we're not sorry, and its probably gonna happen again. That's the truth about men.
Tracy Byrd

Member# 13924
'70 c10, 350/350
'68 c10 250/4spd
'68 c10 no eng/trans fac ps/pb/ac/at
(future father/sons project)
'48 Chevy Loadmaster
sdkid is offline   Reply With Quote