The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-21-2015, 01:45 AM   #1
tetfemal

Need help identifying the Cab

Hello, a buddy of mines just purchase a 22 acre pasture and this cab was sitting there. I'm trying what year Chevy is this from.

Posted via Mobile Device
tetfemal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 03:28 AM   #2
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Re: Need help identifying the Cab

roughly 60-66
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:34 AM   #3
Henry50

60-63
Henry50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:42 PM   #4
_Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcsr View Post
roughly
very roughly

how to put your truck year and build thread into your signature
shop air compressor timer
_Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 04:51 PM   #5
dsraven

I think the earlier cab style, with 2 bumps on the dash. check the vin tag. if the window wraps around (like this one) then it is before 64. this is just a copy and paste, sorry, no pics came through.

GMC 1000-3000 Year & Model Identification

On this page you will find information that might help you determine what Year and Model
of 1960 to 1966 GMC Pickup, Truck, Panel or Suburban you have.
This information applies to the Models 1000 to 3000 US built GMC trucks.
See the 3500-7000 Year & Model Information page for larger GMC Trucks.

One other thing to keep in mind about these trucks is that, there are three different trucks,
Chevrolet, GMC and General Motors Products of Canada. They all use the same main body parts,
built by Fisher Body, with different dashes, hoods, grills, and tailgates. The Canadian
trucks used the same (Canadian) frame and running gear for both brands. A GMC sold north of
the board was nothing more than a Canadian Chevy clone with GMC body parts & trim. Canadian
GMC Trucks have a 900 Model Number. I have also learned that you could get the V6 powered GMC
in Canada as well, but they were US built trucks exported to Canada.

What I have found in doing the research here is that GMC Trucks are hard to pin down as to what
year it Really is and the best way is to look at the date on the Build Sheet, Which would be
on the underside of the seat cushion held in place by the springs. Even the Serial Number can
leave one guessing at the year, as they were built by "Series" and not years. .

I can Translate your VIN number for you and narrow down just what year your truck should be,
please goto the VIN Number Conversion Page of this site to find more info on this.

Vehicle Identification Plates

They can be found in the drivers door frame of the 1000-3000 trucks on the
inside upper door pillar or top of the door frame.

1960-1963 had the tag on the front or "A" post, 1964 is on the back or "B" post and 1965-1966 will
be at the top of the door opening. If the tag is not here, you should see two rivet holes were
it was removed or fell off. Not all truck will have the tag in these locations, but most will.
Suburbans & Panels may be found on the front or top of the drives door frame, and some my be on
the kick panel by the ratings tag. These numbers can also be found stamped on the Top of the left
frame rail in two places, on in the engine bay and the other under the cab. They may be covered
over in dirt. If no tag is found, the number is also stamped on the TOP of the left frame rail,
in the engine bay and also under the cab. The number under the cab is the hardest to see.

This one is from a 1962 GMC 1000 Pickup, this style used on 1960 to 1963 Trucks.

This one is a 1965 GMC 2500, This style used on 1964 to 1966.

Vehicle Rating Plate Vehicle Rating Plate

Your Vehicle Rating Plate will be on the kick panel forward of the drives door and below
the dash on the drivers side. They show engine model number and GVW.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:00 PM   #6
mr48chev

60/63 as Henry50 said with that knee breaking dog leg for the wrap around windshield.

I drove that model of truck a lot back in the 60's as a friend had one and I had one in the 80's and that dogleg will bust a knee cap every time you aren't careful getting in the truck. Best thing a guy can do with that one is haul it for scrap and get a few bucks out of it as I don't even see much that can be used for a patch panel for another truck.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote