The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-01-2009, 01:24 AM   #1
2fat2furious

A slow paced 67 GMC

As many before me have said, I think its about time to make a build thread for my truck. It's a 1967 GMC K15. I received this truck for a birthday present from my step dad. Before that point I had never really noticed these trucks before and wasn't all that interested, but thankful that he went out of his way to buy a truck that him and I could work on together. A little bit of backstory, my step dad bought this from his friend Dee Wescott (R.I.P.) who had a terminal cancer. He passed a couple of weeks after my birthday, I had never met him before but they had been friends for years. The first time I laid eyes on my truck it was completely covered in moss and had an old canopy on it. Needless to say it wasn't much to look at but something about it just spoke to me, the front end just looked so nice, and the old military style tires just made the truck look so rugged. Sitting behind the thin large steering wheel just gave this feeling that you can only get from a classic truck. So we loaded it up and took it home. This is the only picture I have of it before we scrubbed it

And this is how it looked after a good scrubbing

The truck as a whole was in pretty good condition, Four on the floor, gun rack, the original v6 had been swapped for an I6, it ran very well except for a few clogged fuel lines and sending unit which we fixed, only rust through on the rocker panels and some of the front floor, and it had a really nice patina on the paint. So far we've only changed a few things. It had (what we think was) a ford 3/4 ton rear end so we bought a matching set of 72 1/2 ton axles from a guy up in Washington, got a brake booster/master cylinder, and purchased some new wheels since I only had three 6-lug tires and three 8-lug tires

We have the 72 rear end in there right now but the parking brake cables aren't long enough to reach and we need to get some new shocks.

We haven't put the front end in yet because the rotors need to be turned still and the Sway bar is bent to hell because the truck it came out of drove into a stump. Also still need to wire up my electronic fuel pump, replace the drivers side vent window, replace the door and window seals, and get a proportioning valve and some new brake lines because of the booster addition. Yeah thats basically it.. Sorry for the absurdly long intro.

Last edited by 2fat2furious; 08-01-2009 at 01:26 AM.
2fat2furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 06:24 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: A slow paced 67 GMC

That`s one fine truck from factory.It`s pretty rare.I can`t wait to see it done.BTW,my 2wd `67 GMC build is slower,lol.I`m not even doing a build thread.I`d never find it when it`s time to updatre it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:14 AM   #3
Boog
laying low

Re: A slow paced 67 GMC

Wow. A good scrubbing did wonders for that rig. Who'da thought that was under all that grunge? It appears to be really straight too. And 4wd. You've got a nice starter there.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote