The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2018, 05:51 AM   #11
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffydores View Post
Are there different regulations for blinkers over there? Usually backup lamps are the clear lenses on the bottom with clear bulbs. Blinkers are on the outside. Do y'all require orange blinkers?

Hi Cameron,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, we have completely different regulations here.

A full yearly MOT test to check all aspects of Roadworthiness on all motor vehicles over three years old, a bit of a con really, but you cannot get your car legally road taxed or insured (another massive con) over here.

In England, the person is insured, and most moving traffic violations are translated into “Points” with 12 points being a loss of license to operate and drive or ride. They usually come in multiples of three points, ie. speeding at 77mph in a 70 zone would be 3 points etc.

Unlike the USA where my friend Dennis in St Louis usually just says Choose a car and bring it back when you are done. I used to have the same rule when I lived in South Africa where the car is insured, so friends and family could have a car or bike on the old proviso of “You bend it, you mend it”

2016 Road Trip pic probably says it all.

http://forum.retro-rides.org/thread/...2018-humdinger

Blinkers are amber/yellow and have to be sperate from the brake or tail lights.

Side lights, or park lights are differently managed too.

Cars mostly have to have fog lamp/s out back too and not having them means a fail notice till repaired.

All of these are failures on the yearly road worthiness test.

So relocating the blinkers to the reverse/backup light space with an amber bulb works.

I am planning to fit a set of slimline LED spots under the rear bumper, either wired into the harness or on a separate circuit.

Last edited by Grizz1963; 11-25-2018 at 06:15 AM.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote