The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2016, 11:30 AM   #1
chaseman17

Project SLAMBULANCE

Hi all. I am pleased to be back on the 67-72 Chevy Truck forums!

I just picked up this exceptionally clean 1969 Suburban Ambulance & the plans for a build are beginning to form in my head. I have not built a C10 since my '67 C10 about 6 years ago... (build thread & YouTube video...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=455024 videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTc1W7Xgo-U)

At any rate, here are some photos of the new acquisition. 1969 / 24,900 miles, 350, turbo 400, AC, PB, PS. By far, the most solid unrestored C10 I have ever seen. it has had a respray at some point, though I don't know when. If I were a guessing man, I would estimate some time in the 90s, but will likely never know.

Here is the limited information I have on the truck. Originally in service in Hugo, Colorado. Sold to an individual in Hugo who eventually sold it to a collector in Bend, Oregon. The collector in Bend passed away and a friend of mine bought it + about 35 other cars from the estate about 5 years ago. It was transported to Michigan & has been sitting in a building collecting dust ever since.

I first saw it in photos from Oregon when my friend was dealing with the executors of the estate. I knew at that time that I wanted it, but was in the middle of building my '67, so the timing was not right. Fortunately for me, the truck came to Michigan and was stored away - WAY out of sight for others to see.

I have put about 200 miles on it already & with the exception of some wobbly tires at 50+ mph, it runs very well. I would already trust it to go about anywhere. This will be a fun project.

This first grouping of photos shows it in the storage facility here in Michigan. The last photo is the first shot i ever saw of it about 5 years ago. The C10 is in the back left of the photo.
Attached Images