The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2018, 07:37 PM   #1
1Bad72C10

building a 72 c10 swb gonna need help

Ok as my header states building a c10 from frame up. My plan is to daily driver it and have fun as well. I'm boxing the entire frame in for my motor transmission combo. I'm going with a mosier pro fab autocross 9" or a fully float mosier drag rear end. My engine and transmission is being built as i am typing this. 540 tall deck twin turbo with a 4L80e transmission. Everyone keeps trying to talk me into an ls not gonna happen. Besides I have called steve morris, andy jennings, mike moran, and a few others and they all agree with what i am looking for ls wont cut it and to build an ls to handle what i want would be just as expensive and not last as long so easy choice big block it is. Now I already bought the hotchkis tvs system for my suspension and i got a porterbuilt center section as well. My question to some who have done something similiar is what type of cage did you install. I don't want the typical 10 point cage as its mainly a daily driver street truck but I do want some kind of cage in it. What do you you guys recommend? This truck will have full interior as well with ac power steering just like a normal truck just with massive horsepower as I want my cake and to eat it to lol. I plan on taking this truck on the power tour next year so trying to get it fully built and all bugs worked out by the end of the year. so any tips or advice is greatly appreciated
1Bad72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote