The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-05-2019, 10:26 AM   #3451
MARTINSR

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

All I did yesterday was removed the Corvette intake and parts off my 235 and box them up for my move.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 01:44 PM   #3452
SouthFlorida_Apache

What seats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo View Post
Got my seats back from the upholsterer today. Will install them tomorrow.
SouthFlorida_Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 04:26 PM   #3453
MiraclePieCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFlorida_Apache View Post
What seats?
68 Chevelle.
Old 07-06-2019, 01:11 AM   #3454
idbeast

It moves!!!
Attached Images

idbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 01:18 AM   #3455
idbeast

It has 2 1/2" exhaust with electric cutouts, and flanges just behind the rear end just in case the tank needs to come out! Boy it's a tight fit!
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2019, 01:18 AM   #3456
DransportGarage

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbeast View Post
It moves!!!
MAJOR milestone! DING, DING, DING !!!
Bob's Retirement Build - My 55 TF
Bob's 700R4 Build (how-to)
DransportGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 01:23 AM   #3457
idbeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DransportGarage View Post
MAJOR milestone! DING, DING, DING !!!
I drove it a mile and a half into town for the Littlerock Parade, then back home! Very small town, grade school, church, Post office, gas station grocery store, and a Tavern!!! LOL The truck was a big hit!!!
Old 07-06-2019, 07:32 AM   #3458
Black_Sheep

Quote:
I drove it a mile and a half into town for the Littlerock Parade, then back home! Very small town, grade school, church, Post office, gas station grocery store, and a Tavern!!! LOL The truck was a big hit!!!
Very cool, I bet you had an ear to ear grin. If that doesn’t give you the motivation to take your build to the finish line, nothing will...
Black_Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 07:41 AM   #3459
crossfire84

Very nice work.
C4 rear
Porter built a arms
Never give the Devil a ride,because he'll want to Drive!
crossfire84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 09:48 AM   #3460
svr

Quote:
Very cool, it's a show stopper for sure, get it finished and kill some bugs, congrats on the progress.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:06 PM   #3461
MARTINSR

Yep, very cool!

Brian

Old 07-06-2019, 12:17 PM   #3462
nvrdone

so yesterday I worked on a major dent in my cab. it was on the right side between the fresh air vent and the fender line. removed the inside cover for the fresh air vent and used a porta power from the inside. moved it about 3/8" and it sure looks better. cab now matches the contour of the fender. a little filler, sanding and primer should make it real good. then I need to figure out how to fix the matching dent on the left side.
nvrdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 08:38 PM   #3463
DransportGarage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrdone View Post
so yesterday I worked on a major dent in my cab. it was on the right side between the fresh air vent and the fender line. removed the inside cover for the fresh air vent and used a porta power from the inside. moved it about 3/8" and it sure looks better. cab now matches the contour of the fender. a little filler, sanding and primer should make it real good. then I need to figure out how to fix the matching dent on the left side.
A P.O. must have driven it through Needles, S.D. ...
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2019, 10:57 PM   #3464
nvrdone

nice idea, but my story is even better. about 15 years ago, I rear ended a ford expedition. impaled the radiator on the water pump, buckled the hood & front fenders & bent the cab. A few years later my wife found me a replacement front clip that is in great shape. I put that on & just drove the truck. Now that ive retired, I am starting to do some work to the truck & bring it back to being a good driver.
Old 07-07-2019, 12:26 AM   #3465
idbeast

Thanks everyone, drove it 50 miles today, working on a couple issues with the FiTech, but I got it worked out and then stopped at a car get-together with 10 other cars and the '56 was a big hit!!! https://www.facebook.com/Farmboydriveinrestaurant/
Attached Images

Old 07-07-2019, 12:27 AM   #3466
MARTINSR

Right on!

Brian

Old 07-07-2019, 12:30 AM   #3467
idbeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DransportGarage View Post
A P.O. must have driven it through Needles, S.D. ...
I watched a full size bus drive through that very opening during the 75th Sturgis anniversary scraping both sides and top on the way through!!!! Think I still have the pictures somewhere!
Old 07-07-2019, 12:42 AM   #3468
MARTINSR

Nothing done on the truck other than finding some parts I didn't know I had! OMG some times I honestly feel like vomiting with stuff like this. Vomiting or punching my fist through the wall, one of the two.

I am running passenger car brakes and hubs on my truck. Sooooooo, I had a front suspension from a 50 Belair that I was going to run but ended up scraping but keeping the hubs and stuff for my dropped axle. One of the backing plates was messed up where a wheel had came off and wore a half inch or so off the plate on the highway. I thought and thought about building it back with weld, I cleaned it up, thought about it, then got another from a guy that I was getting some other parts from. When I got them, the backing plates he gave me were wrong, so I contacted him again and he sent me the right ones. I bought U bolts from him, and the rubber bumper thingies that go on the axle. Then I found that I screwed up and had two left hand shock mounts sand blasted and epoxy primed, crap, I got the right from from that same guy, along with the correct spacers for the backing plates to use them on truck spindles. I rebuild the hubs I had with all new studs because those sucked. My story being I put a BUNCH of time into those passenger car hubs, backing plates and what not.

Sooooooooooo a couple of day ago I am clearing stuff out of my shed for my move and find boxes full of hardware for passenger car backing plates and front shock brackets and U bolts and axle bumpers! WTH? I don't even remember ever having these! Then later I found a milk crate with complete hubs, backing plates, brake drums, EVERYTHING! WTH?

I am now just vaguely remember having this stuff on the axle I had, still don't know where I got it! Geeeez, no kidding, I have to get over this and get some sleep, geeez.

Brian
Attached Images

Old 07-07-2019, 12:48 AM   #3469
idbeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Nothing done on the truck other than finding some parts I didn't know I had....

….I am now just vaguely remember having this stuff on the axle I had, still don't know where I got it! Geeeez, no kidding, I have to get over this and get some sleep, geeez.

Brian
Brian, it just gets worse as we get older... I'm quickly coming up on 60, so I'm learning, or actually forgetting!

Jim W
Old 07-07-2019, 05:21 PM   #3470
Livemeyer

Sometimes I think this should be "what did you do to your truck this week" rather than "today."

My truck, Mabel, went into the shop June 17 for new aluminum 64cc heads on the sbc 327. I got her back on June 29. While gone, the shop couldn't use the ram's horn manifolds on the new heads, but had a set of stainless headers for me. It was an added cost I hadn't planned on, but it was what I wanted so I was happy.

Had been scheduled to go to muffler shop on 7/2 but had to go a week early for full custom exhaust since it now was running open headers.

June 29 got the truck back from shop one but returned to shop two because we were waiting on the right tips to come in. Meanwhile, I put the cardboard headliner in and mounted the visor on the driver's side (still have to do the one on passenger side).

Being as this truck is a tribute to some special people, Ralph and Mabel Mahar, who created a non-profit family campground in Oregon, I received my Mahar Park graphics (16" stickers) and applied them to the doors.

What else did I do? Oh yeah, took her for her longest drive ever, round trip 40 miles, part freeway drive. She did great, but I discovered gearing is a bit low for anything over 60mph.

Photos:
Attached Images

Livemeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 06:49 PM   #3471
DransportGarage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livemeyer View Post
Sometimes I think this should be "what did you do to your truck this week" rather than "today."

My truck, Mabel, went into the shop June 17 for new aluminum 64cc heads on the sbc 327. I got her back on June 29. While gone, the shop couldn't use the ram's horn manifolds on the new heads, but had a set of stainless headers for me. It was an added cost I hadn't planned on, but it was what I wanted so I was happy.

Had been scheduled to go to muffler shop on 7/2 but had to go a week early for full custom exhaust since it now was running open headers.

June 29 got the truck back from shop one but returned to shop two because we were waiting on the right tips to come in. Meanwhile, I put the cardboard headliner in and mounted the visor on the driver's side (still have to do the one on passenger side).

Being as this truck is a tribute to some special people, Ralph and Mabel Mahar, who created a non-profit family campground in Oregon, I received my Mahar Park graphics (16" stickers) and applied them to the doors.

What else did I do? Oh yeah, took her for her longest drive ever, round trip 40 miles, part freeway drive. She did great, but I discovered gearing is a bit low for anything over 60mph.

Photos:
Cool upgrades for a cool truck! Nice week of work!
Old 07-07-2019, 07:59 PM   #3472
nvrdone

that ride is fantastic!! looking forward to seeing it at a local show. By the way, who did your exhaust ?
Old 07-07-2019, 08:02 PM   #3473
MiraclePieCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livemeyer View Post

Photos:
I'm loving that green on orange!
Old 07-07-2019, 08:44 PM   #3474
Livemeyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrdone View Post
that ride is fantastic!! looking forward to seeing it at a local show. By the way, who did your exhaust ?
Are you local to Seattle? Brody's in Lynnwood at 188th & 99. They do awesome custom exhaust.
Old 07-07-2019, 08:47 PM   #3475
Livemeyer

My wife want to go for a cruise, so we headed up to Everett, for Der Wienerschnitzel chili dogs. When I got back I installed the passenger side visor, and fixed the driver's side, which was sagging and "walking."
Attached Images