The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #51
fordsucks

Re: 68 chevy stepper aKa " jackcrack"

well got some progress done today. got all the wiring redone and put back in. got new to me straight dump ram horns, bought the manual transd rear back up light switch for on the top of the 4 spd. and finally got my new coils in the rear. thanks rick for all your help buddy! i told rick to try and just hit the spots where the white and blue was showing from under the black so he got those spots and then we can worry about the rest later.
Attached Images

METALLICA
fordsucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #52
fordsucks

rick got a little idea and so he went with it... didnt turn out to bad! he left the grey that the tailgate was already painted so the letters and framing of the letters would stand out. and heres one more shot. the ride has improved much much better. with the heated 3/4 ton coils out of there, the new drop coils feel like springs from a caddilac! i think it lowered it maybe half an inch maybe an inch from where it was. thining of raising the front up an inch and only having an inch of rake.
Attached Images

METALLICA
Old 07-14-2014, 07:40 PM   #53
67chevy1series

well i wrote up a nice beautiful paragraph describing what we did. BUT i had a lovely little thing happen. something happened and it didn't post it. SO I'm sorry but I'm not gonna type all that again.. what we did this weekend: repainted rims, installed new to him tires, changed out nasty original seat belts for some original red ones i had, took the power steering pump off the engine since he decided against power steering, bolted the drive line up to the trans, changed the rear main, oil pan gasket, oil and oil filter, took the nasty air chocks off the back, ended up re-timing the engine 3 times and it fired up, bolted the bed a lot better then before, changed the oil pressure gauge and installed the 4wd fan shroud... I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out. all of that was much better described in detail but after my nice description just vanished that's the super summarized version lol so here's some pics of what we did during the week
Attached Images

67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:43 PM   #54
67chevy1series

more pics
Attached Images

67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:53 PM   #55
fordsucks

Thanks rick...

And I've got the funds for the registration and everything... Going to try and make it to Rene's c/10 get together this year... We shall see

METALLICA