The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-05-2024, 10:11 AM   #26
Rickysnickers

Re: Did I get bad deal?

If you would like to sell your parts, please start a new thread in the for sale section, and list them there.
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 11:01 PM   #27
mr48chev

You have to do it by the numbers and list items in the classifieds as Ricky said.

As I said before, I would go through and pick the best pieces out of the bunch that let me build the truck that I want.

Then when you have them set aside you "could" advertise a cab with the pink and choice of sheetmetal if you didn't want to fool with it.

Then and it takes a bit of "fooling with it" the Sacramento swapmeet is coming up the first weekend of April. Folks travel a long way to go to that one and you could haul a load of fenders and hoods and other pieces there and probably do pretty good. Especially if you posted adds on Craigslist and FB market place that you were going to be there with them. That's if someone doesn't decide that they can make decent money on the pile without beating up on you in the process and steps up with an offer.
Attached Images

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 08:56 AM   #28
Steve Van Gent

@mr48chev - as mentioned below, I no longer have interest or time to pull out parts or make a truck. While I would love to build yet another truck, for the sake of my sanity and my marriage, I need to just make this all go away, even if I need to take a loss on this deal.
Steve Van Gent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 07:21 PM   #29
mr48chev

If I was in a better position as I still believe that a guy can come out very well on that batch but hauling it up here would be a real challenge.

I'm going to say post an add with a TF group on FB like this one https://www.facebook.com/groups/233279017910052

Take some good photos and list out what you have and specify what cabs have papers. Put a price on it that gives you a profit and or gives you a cushion for cash green money bargaining. Good luck.

77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
Old 01-08-2024, 10:29 PM   #30
MidLifer

Wow, wow, wow - I saw the ad in the for sale forum and then saw this thread. Man, you west coast guys have it made. Anyone know what it would cost to haul 2 53' containers across the country? I could bring that stuff back east, make 3 trucks out of it and then some and probably do quite well, and have the 57 I always wanted.

Of course the wife would kick me out and I'd have to live in one of the freight containers...
MidLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 02:22 PM   #31
LT7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidLifer View Post
Wow, wow, wow - I saw the ad in the for sale forum and then saw this thread. Man, you west coast guys have it made. Anyone know what it would cost to haul 2 53' containers across the country? I could bring that stuff back east, make 3 trucks out of it and then some and probably do quite well, and have the 57 I always wanted.

Of course the wife would kick me out and I'd have to live in one of the freight containers...
Well... With a little planning ahead...
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 01:41 PM   #32
mr48chev

Gotta have a wife that can see the vision and not fuss much about a bunch of parts sitting around while you sort them out and sell what you don't need to pay for what you need.

The thing with that batch of TF parts is that you do have to deal with them and be willing and able to deal them after you sort out the prime pieces for your build. That most likely means loading up a buunch of pieces and hauling them up and down the highway to swapmeets. Hauling them to Portland in April, Pomona on Fathers day weekend and a few more. Plaster So Cal with Fb and craigslist adds that you will be at the LA roadsters swapmeet on Father's day weekend with photos of what you are taking and you should sell a bunch of it at your price. It does take work though.
Just thinking that my wife would be going along, sitting in her lawn chair under the dining canopy drinking her tea or Dr Pepper and visiting and selling parts as she has done in the past.

Old 01-11-2024, 03:23 PM   #33
MidLifer

It would make a fun YouTube series though, showing up in Redding, starting to put these things back together, getting one or more running and putting them on the market. I could see the Vise Grip Garage guy taking this on. Now that he's signed with Motor Trend maybe they'll fund it?

Edit: for giggles, I sent a feedback message over the Motor Trend website and gave them this idea. Let me know if they call!
MidLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 04:11 PM   #34
leegreen

For this collection of sheetmetal they'd probably order up $100k+ worth of ready to use stuff and bolt it together. Cool if you got the finances for it, I don't so watching someone build on an art morrison chassis with crate motor and trans and name brand hotrod builder parts does not do much for me

I've be interested in a series where one of these bare cabs was chassis swapped into a daily driver and they actually solved some of the resulting issues with know how, junk yard parts and minimal cash. It would be particularly cool if motortrend used their connections and finances to lead the way to the next generation of chassis swaps - before we run out of S10s and alternative engine swaps, even hybrids, EVs
leegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 07:03 PM   #35
cameo

wow
cab in exelent shape. uncut dash, a gold mine in hoods and fenders. If I was WAY closer, I would be headed your way with a 3-ton and trailer and cash in hand. around here that cab is worth 3-4K $100 for a decent pair of rear fenders etc.
good luck with the project/flip
cameo is offline   Reply With Quote