The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 09:07 AM   #101
special-K
Special Order

Re: Stolen last night

I have a story where I got no help from police when my girlfriend was intentionally run off the road, crashed, and put in the hospital by gawking rednecks hauling a cattle trailer. She was a farm girl herself and was passing through the Baltimore area on her way home from the beach. She gave a full description including how many were in the truck, black dual wheel crew cab Chevy, red 5th wheel trailer, Ohio plates, and four Hereford cattle. They still made it out I-70 out of state over 100 miles west. No police help at all. I knew there had been the big cattle show at the state fairgrounds that weekend. I called and asked for a list of entrants which gave the name, town, and registered cattle. I narrowed it down to a couple entrants. Then I checked Ohio DMV with those two names for a list of registered vehicles in those names, which is how I also got their addresses. This was late-'70s and you used to be able to get that info from DMV with a tag number. I did all that in reverse. I also got the phone number. I notified my state troopers and they said it was now a matter for Ohio State Police. Called them and hit a wall. They said the crime was committed outside of their state. They had no interest in pursuing this. I was young and cocky and that just did not get it. I had everything I needed so I went to Ohio with the intention of hog tying the S.O.B. driver and dropping him off in front of a Maryland State Trooper barricks with a note. I got out there and decided kidnapping across a state line was not a good idea. I did go with a healthy friend. I've told enough that you all probably think I'm nuts. We did confront the guy, which made his hat spin and eyes bug out. I had intended to hog tie him and leave him lay on his own property, and pay the price for that. But good sense let me know I had done enough by letting him know he better think twice about who knows who when he goes picking on defenseless women. I made no threats, but he about cried from the shock of the whole thing happening. The last thing he ever expected to have happen. It all came down to a matter of principal and I realized I had satisfied that need in me. I might have only affected one man, but I couldn't just do nothing. I sure have mellowed out, though

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 12-10-2019, 10:21 AM   #102
hatzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotenntitans View Post
Sounds like an upstanding cop with common sense. I do hope that something comes from these leads on my truck, but I suspect the Pine Bluff PD aren't even looking into it.

And what's really sad is if I go to Pine Bluff and see my truck being driven by someone else and I give them "what for"..........I could be the one to get arrested. BS if you ask me. They ain't looking for it.
Do you still have the keys?
1972 Ford F250 FE390, NP435/NP205 SOLD
1976 Chevy K20, 6.5L, NV4500/NP208 SOLD
1986 M1008 CUCV SOLD
2000 GMC C2500, TD6.5L, NV4500
2005 Chevy Silverado LS 2500HD 6.0L 4L80E/NP263
2009 Impala SS LS4 V8

RTFM... GM Parts Books, GM Schematics, GM service manuals, and GM training materials...Please include at least the year and model in your threads. It'll be easier to answer your questions.
And please let us know if and how your repairs were successful.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:40 PM   #103
1976gmc20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatzie View Post
I heard a story about some folks that had a vehicle stolen down in south TX. Insurance bought them another one and then one day they were down south of the border and spotted their stolen vehicle. He still had the keys so he drove it back to TX while his wife drove their new one back

I assume this was true. I think I heard it from my mom & stepdad way back when they were RVing. At one point they went down to Harlingen to see the CAF back when they were still "confederate"
1958 Chevy C-60; 1965 GMC C-50; 1965 Chevy C-10; 1971 Chevy K-10; 1973 Chevy K-20; 1976 GMC C-20; 1977 Chevy C-10 Suburban; 1980 Chevy K-10; 1989 Chevy K1500; 1991 GMC V1500 Suburban; 2016 Chevy K2500 HD

Other vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ; 2011 Toyota 4Runner
Old 12-10-2019, 10:25 PM   #104
Gotenntitans

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatzie View Post
Yes we do still have both sets of keys. The thieves busted the steering wheel collar and left it laying in the yard when they stole it. I guess we could see if the keys would unlock the door if we ever see the video truck in Pine Bluff.
2003 Chevy Silverado
Old 03-07-2020, 08:16 AM   #105
irvan

Was the truck ever found?
Old 03-09-2020, 03:48 PM   #106
Gotenntitans

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvan View Post
Was the truck ever found?
NOPE! My town's police department has turned it over to the town's police department where the fictitious name & address came back to. One of my friends is a police officer and he says that's all they can do.......make the other department aware of the truck. They sent all the pictures & the video to them.

Now the waiting game...........are they really looking? Probably not. Pine Bluff, Arkansas, is a rough place and I'm sure those officers have more to deal with on a regular basis than go looking for our truck............but if it's there, I would hope that they would at least be on the lookout for it. It's definitely a frustrating feeling!

As far as the crackhead selling the 350 engine thing.......nothing ever came of that, but the cops have told me that he is a definite thief & crackhead. They had some tails on him, but he never led them to anything. Still have not seen the mysterious red truck with the Hankook Ventus tires either. I have the serial numbers off our tires & if I see the red truck, I'm gonna get his license number and get the police to check it out.

My son is 20 years old has football buddies & college friends everywhere. They all have facebook & instagram & whatever they do to keep up with each other. He has at least a thousand eyes looking for this truck down here in south Arkansas. Maybe it'll show.

Here's pics, since I see that my original picture is now gone.

2003 Chevy Silverado

Last edited by Gotenntitans; 03-09-2020 at 04:02 PM.
Closed Thread