The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network







Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2018, 01:02 AM   #301
67 Burb
Registered User
 
67 Burb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 463
Re: What did you do to your Suburban Today?

Got the 80# oil gauge in today with renewed face.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Bob

1967 2wd Burb, 350/TH350, 3.73 posi
67 Burb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 04:48 PM   #302
LockDoc
The Original Thread Killer

 
LockDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montezuma, Iowa
Posts: 18,594
Re: What did you do to your Suburban Today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 Burb View Post
Got the 80# oil gauge in today with renewed face.

Is that a decal? I have an 80# gauge and a vacuum gauge in a tach dash that could stand being freshened up.

Thanks,
LockDoc
__________________
Leon

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:37 PM   #303
Average Joe
Registered User
 
Average Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 1,135
Re: What did you do to your Suburban Today?

[QUOTE=Killer Bee;8345273]free flip for handsome and his nice burb

I like the patina and the slant front!

Thanks Killer Bee! Yeah, the award was best Patina. Perhaps i should rethink my plans for a repaint.
__________________
1967 C10 Suburban 454/TH400/3.07's
Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 12:10 AM   #304
67 Burb
Registered User
 
67 Burb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 463
Re: What did you do to your Suburban Today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
Is that a decal? I have an 80# gauge and a vacuum gauge in a tach dash that could stand being freshened up.

Thanks,
LockDoc
Yes, it's a decal. It's printed on special stretchy vinyl that will form around the curve without a wrinkle.
Is this what your vacuum gauge looks like?

I will send you a PM.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Bob

1967 2wd Burb, 350/TH350, 3.73 posi
67 Burb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:12 PM   #305
LockDoc
The Original Thread Killer

 
LockDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montezuma, Iowa
Posts: 18,594
Re: What did you do to your Suburban Today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 Burb View Post
Yes, it's a decal. It's printed on special stretchy vinyl that will form around the curve without a wrinkle.
Is this what your vacuum gauge looks like?

I will send you a PM.

Yes, that is what my vacuum gauge looks like. On my oil pressure gauge most of the 4 & 0 is missing and part of the 8 and all of the 0 is missing on the right side.

LockDoc
__________________
Leon

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 11:15 PM   #306
67 Burb
Registered User
 
67 Burb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 463
Re: What did you do to your Suburban Today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
Yes, that is what my vacuum gauge looks like. On my oil pressure gauge most of the 4 & 0 is missing and part of the 8 and all of the 0 is missing on the right side.

LockDoc
Your oil pressure gauge had numbers on it? Mine only had L and H on it. As in post #295.
__________________
Bob

1967 2wd Burb, 350/TH350, 3.73 posi
67 Burb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 05:29 PM   #307
WannaBe68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Texas!
Posts: 296
Re: What did you do to your Suburban Today?

Some great news and some what the hell news - First the good news. I found a company well over a year ago that still had the original type vinyl and cloth material in Saddle for my 3 bench seats - - they finally finished them and shipped them to me... Seriously, these are some of the highest quality covers I have ever seen. The stitching and padding and workmanship is far and above what I was expecting! Truly over the top quality!

The what the hell news - for well over a year and a dozen pictures of the single scroll a 1969 seat has - they made and shipped covers for a 1972!!!
1969 has one scroll in the middle and the 1972 has the two smaller scrolls connected at the top! Wow!

The covers are so nice, I went ahead and had them installed onto the benches, because I wanted to enjoy having the covers on. Soooo - in about another 6 months I should get the new seat of covers for a 1969 Suburban. And when I do get the new / correct covers for my '69 I will be selling these covers for a '72.
Attached Images
     

Last edited by WannaBe68; 10-12-2018 at 05:36 PM.
WannaBe68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 05:52 PM   #308
LockDoc
The Original Thread Killer

 
LockDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montezuma, Iowa
Posts: 18,594
Re: What did you do to your Suburban Today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBe68 View Post
Some great news and some what the hell news - First the good news. I found a company well over a year ago that still had the original type vinyl and cloth material in Saddle for my 3 bench seats - - they finally finished them and shipped them to me... Seriously, these are some of the highest quality covers I have ever seen. The stitching and padding and workmanship is far and above what I was expecting! Truly over the top quality!

The what the hell news - for well over a year and a dozen pictures of the single scroll a 1969 seat has - they made and shipped covers for a 1972!!!
1969 has one scroll in the middle and the 1972 has the two smaller scrolls connected at the top! Wow!

The covers are so nice, I went ahead and had them installed onto the benches, because I wanted to enjoy having the covers on. Soooo - in about another 6 months I should get the new seat of covers for a 1969 Suburban. And when I do get the new / correct covers for my '69 I will be selling these covers for a '72.

Nice lookin' covers!

When you get the new ones and get them installed Post these up on the Blazer and Suburban parts for sale forum. I would think they would sell pretty quickly.....

LockDoc
__________________
Leon

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:33 PM   #309
WannaBe68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Texas!
Posts: 296
Re: What did you do to your Suburban Today?

Should have made that clear - wasn't going to peddle anything here. I'll put them on the parts page when the time comes.
WannaBe68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 05:17 PM   #310
68SWB4x4
Strongman Garage
 
68SWB4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Salinas, CA
Posts: 10,155
Re: What did you do to your Suburban Today?

Those covers are awesome!
68SWB4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 02:08 PM   #311
highwinger
Registered User
 
highwinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 291
Re: What did you do to your Suburban Today?

I got my front seat recovered and I replaced the mid seat windows and felts but apparently the aftermarket power window motors are too weak to move the windows now. Fortunately, there was a great mod on here using ‘91 motors and a custom bracket. That’ll be next. Another thread helped with getting the windows installed. This place is invaluable!
highwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:25 PM   #312
Average Joe
Registered User
 
Average Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 1,135
Re: What did you do to your Suburban Today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwinger View Post
I got my front seat recovered and I replaced the mid seat windows and felts but apparently the aftermarket power window motors are too weak to move the windows now. Fortunately, there was a great mod on here using ‘91 motors and a custom bracket. That’ll be next. Another thread helped with getting the windows installed. This place is invaluable!
Yep, I agree. Its amazing how much info has been accumulated and shared here.
Power windows must be a nice upgrade!
__________________
1967 C10 Suburban 454/TH400/3.07's
Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:55 PM   #313
highwinger
Registered User
 
highwinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
Yep, I agree. Its amazing how much info has been accumulated and shared here.
Power windows must be a nice upgrade!
Like any other added feature, they’re great when they’re working and a lot of work to get and keep them working. I got the two replacement motors today. Time to make my windows great again lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
highwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:05 PM   #314
Captainab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Virginia beach va
Posts: 41
Re: What did you do to your Suburban Today?

Well. I put on the last of the doors
Attached Images
   
Captainab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:09 PM   #315
Captainab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Virginia beach va
Posts: 41
Re: What did you do to your Suburban Today?

Here's some more
Attached Images
   
Captainab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:12 PM   #316
Captainab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Virginia beach va
Posts: 41
Re: What did you do to your Suburban Today?

Almost ready to come home
Attached Images
  
Captainab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:28 PM   #317
HO455
Registered User
 
HO455's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Portland Oregon
Posts: 4,434
Re: What did you do to your Suburban Today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainab View Post
Here's some more
Judging by the attitude of your Burban that Virginia has rescinded their laws against modifying your vehicle's ride height.
__________________
Thanks to Bob and Jeanie and everyone else at Superior Performance for all their great help.
1967 Burban the WMB,1991 S(stink)-10 Blazer,1969 GTO, 1970 Javelin, 1952 F3 Ford 4X4, 29 Model A, 72 Firebird. 85 Alfa Romeo
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:34 PM   #318
Captainab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Virginia beach va
Posts: 41
Re: What did you do to your Suburban Today?

No. I drove it around before total disassembly and no issues. I am sure I'll have to make a spring change. But I am not worried about that. I have smaller springs and smaller tires.
Captainab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:57 PM   #319
HO455
Registered User
 
HO455's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Portland Oregon
Posts: 4,434
Re: What did you do to your Suburban Today?

I'm sorry to hear it is still a crime to be tall. I was living there when they put the law into effect and my GTO had pizza cutters on the front and L50/15's on the back. Couldn't tell you how many times I was pulled over by a bored lawman looking to measure my rear bumper height. They never had a tape just a flashlight they would claim was 18". Then I would whip out my tape and show them I was 19 1/2". Good by 1/2"! That usually led to the kind officer touring around my car looking to point out some other infraction.
I remember you could buy lifted trucks for dimes on the dollar after they passed the law.
__________________
Thanks to Bob and Jeanie and everyone else at Superior Performance for all their great help.
1967 Burban the WMB,1991 S(stink)-10 Blazer,1969 GTO, 1970 Javelin, 1952 F3 Ford 4X4, 29 Model A, 72 Firebird. 85 Alfa Romeo
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 04:39 PM   #320
Captainab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Virginia beach va
Posts: 41
Re: What did you do to your Suburban Today?

Does any1 have any latches forbthe barn door burb, need the part that mount on body under the doors

The door hook to these lil things when closed
Captainab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:01 PM   #321
Killer Bee
Registered User
 
Killer Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Barber City, CA
Posts: 1,615
Re: What did you do to your Suburban Today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainab View Post
Does any1 have any latches forbthe barn door burb, need the part that mount on body under the doors

The door hook to these lil things when closed
several burb parting threads, search for them and pm sellers..

good luck!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=751286

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=680494
__________________
I started out with nothing - and I still have most of it
Killer Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1997-2013 67-72chevytrucks.com