The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-30-2018, 12:28 PM   #1
TDH1989

New Gas Tank Relocation

I just ordered this new gas tank and was wondering if anyone had a place they knew of that sells the new gas lines. Or do you have to get them made?

Thanks for your input
Attached Images

TDH1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 12:49 PM   #2
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Re: New Gas Tank Relocation

Since all it is is a Blazer/Suburban style tank, you can probably use the Suburban stock steel fuel lines to make it work. Other than that, you'll have to bend/fab up your own steel lines.

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 11:12 AM   #3
TDH1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by GASoline71 View Post
Since all it is is a Blazer/Suburban style tank, you can probably use the Suburban stock steel fuel lines to make it work. Other than that, you'll have to bend/fab up your own steel lines.

Gary
Have any idea what size tubing what I would need. 5/16 or 3/8?
Old 04-03-2018, 02:19 AM   #4
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

When i get my 6.0 for my 1968 longhorn I will not use the tank in the back i will use saddle tanks in the plastic tanks that are made for fuel injected I will have my bed side french doors put in on ether side.Been having a problem every time i go to fill up every one is on the right side pump if i have tanks on ether side no more waiting in line.

I'm not that cheap to put the gas filler in the bed next to the wood.I want it where i can just put it in set it on fast fill and check over my truck while its filling
stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:27 AM   #5
bubbasimms

I put that exact tank in my 69 step side, I got a couple sticks of that Rhinohide hard line from O'reillys and bent it with my hands to match the brake line that runs to the rear. Clamped it parallel to the brake line on the frame using the stock style clamps that hold both lines. It was very easy and cost very little, probably less than 25 bucks for the line and fittings, and looks nice and neat.

Last edited by bubbasimms; 04-04-2018 at 01:01 AM.
bubbasimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 04:27 PM   #6
TDH1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbasimms View Post
I put that exact tank in my 69 step side, I got a couple sticks of that Rhinohide hard line from O'reillys and bent it with my hands to match the brake line that runs to the rear. Clamped it parallel to the brake line on the frame using the stock style clamps that hole both lines. It was very easy and cost very little, probably less than 25 bucks for the line and fittings, and looks nice and neat.
Awesome! Happen to know what size line you use. I have a sbc 350 nothing hot road
Old 04-03-2018, 05:29 PM   #7
bubbasimms

I have a 250 six and I used 5/16 which I believe was the factory size for a six banger. I think the v-8 trucks used 3/8 but don't take my word for it
Old 04-03-2018, 05:43 PM   #8
bubbasimms

Here are a few pictures
Attached Images

Old 04-03-2018, 06:22 PM   #9
TDH1989

Quote:
Here are a few pictures
This helps me a ton. Thanks for the info. I'm going to go your same route! Are those flare fittings on there?

Also did you have to cut your sending unit arm like they show in the video or have they changed it since then?
Old 04-03-2018, 07:07 PM   #10
bubbasimms

The line comes in different lengths already flared and with the fittings installed. I put a female flare hose barb fitting and a short length of rubber hose on the tank end and will do the same at the fuel pump end. In the middle the two lengths of line thread together with a union.

I didn't have to do anything to the sending unit
Old 04-03-2018, 07:23 PM   #11
TDH1989

Quote:
The line comes in different lengths already flared and with the fittings installed. I put a female flare hose barb fitting and a short length of rubber hose on the tank end and will do the same at the fuel pump end. In the middle the two lengths of line thread together with a union.

I didn't have to do anything to the sending unit
Again thanks for all the info! Big help. Tank is suppose to be here Friday and I will be working on getting all the material needed
Old 04-03-2018, 07:25 PM   #12
TDH1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsalvage View Post
When i get my 6.0 for my 1968 longhorn I will not use the tank in the back i will use saddle tanks in the plastic tanks that are made for fuel injected I will have my bed side french doors put in on ether side.Been having a problem every time i go to fill up every one is on the right side pump if i have tanks on ether side no more waiting in line.

I'm not that cheap to put the gas filler in the bed next to the wood.I want it where i can just put it in set it on fast fill and check over my truck while its filling
?? Not sure you understood my question. Dont think this helps. Thanks for letting me know your plans for your truck I guess lol
Old 04-13-2018, 05:29 PM   #13
TDH1989

Quote:
Here are a few pictures
Hey man happen to have a link or a place you bought your new hose and filler neck and cap from?